The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league?

+8
mikeygnfl
crazy_dave23
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
NYJ
Colan (niner)
cherriesfna
MR. scotland27
12 posters

Go down

Best Dual Threat QB?

Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_lcap50%Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 10 ]
Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_lcap20%Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_lcap25%Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_lcap5%Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_lcap0%Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Empty Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league?

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:29 am

Just a quick poll to see who 606V2's favorite Dual Threat QB is. Last year saw the real emergence of the running QB and the spread of the read option and pistol offenses. Obviously there are questions as to how successful this approach is when it comes to winning championships, as Steve Young is the only mobile QB to have ever done it, but it still adds a new excitement to the game and gives defenses something more to worry about.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Empty Re: Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league?

Post by cherriesfna Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:48 am

Russell Wilson ,
Because he's already beaten 3 of them
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league? Empty Re: Who is the best Dual Threat QB in the league?

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:26 am

I don't think there's any doubt it's CK. Vick is old and RG3 has proven too fragile to be consistently good in that regard

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 am

Wilson for me.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 am

RG3 if he's healthy then Wilson
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:57 am

I just don't see Wilson as dual threat QB, best scrambler in NFL for sure and moves well, but does dual threat not mean a guy who can make huge plays with his legs as well as arm? I understand he extends plays with legs but who's more likely to have a 100 yard rushing game, RG3 and CK OR Wilson? Definition of a dual threat qb in my eyes is a guy who can use both his arms and legs seperately to beat you. Wilson uses his legs to help him open up passing lanes and may have a little 10 yard gain here and there but he isn't capable of creating magic relying mostly on his legs, RG3 and Kaep are. Look at CK last season and with Nevada and RG3 when healthy and with Baylor, that's dual threat

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 am

I don't think there can be any doubt it's RG3
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:14 am

Finally RG3 has caught up with Wilson... couldn't believe he was 3-0 up when I voted!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm

No Tebow? Best dual threat, tight end, quarterback in the leagues.

I've gone for Cam Newton. He has had some good games stats wise playing for a poor team. Wilson grew into last season but was outplayed against Redskins in play off. RG3 is very talented, I just worry that he is too open at times and prone to getting hit/ injured. Kaepernick needs to play a full season first. Vick won't even beat out Nick Foles or Matt Barkley.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:I just don't see Wilson as dual threat QB, best scrambler in NFL for sure and moves well, but does dual threat not mean a guy who can make huge plays with his legs as well as arm? I understand he extends plays with legs but who's more likely to have a 100 yard rushing game, RG3 and CK OR Wilson? Definition of a dual threat qb in my eyes is a guy who can use both his arms and legs seperately to beat you. Wilson uses his legs to help him open up passing lanes and may have a little 10 yard gain here and there but he isn't capable of creating magic relying mostly on his legs, RG3 and Kaep are. Look at CK last season and with Nevada and RG3 when healthy and with Baylor, that's dual threat

surley that would make RW a better passing quarterback then.

i prefer my dual threat to primarily be a passer who can also make plays with his legs if nessecary, CK relys on his legs too much to carry him
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:38 pm

also RG3 wont be the same next season
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 pm

cherriesfna wrote:
Colan (niner) wrote:I just don't see Wilson as dual threat QB, best scrambler in NFL for sure and moves well, but does dual threat not mean a guy who can make huge plays with his legs as well as arm? I understand he extends plays with legs but who's more likely to have a 100 yard rushing game, RG3 and CK OR Wilson? Definition of a dual threat qb in my eyes is a guy who can use both his arms and legs seperately to beat you. Wilson uses his legs to help him open up passing lanes and may have a little 10 yard gain here and there but he isn't capable of creating magic relying mostly on his legs, RG3 and Kaep are. Look at CK last season and with Nevada and RG3 when healthy and with Baylor, that's dual threat

i prefer my dual threat to primarily be a passer who can also make plays with his legs if nessecary, CK relys on his legs too much to carry him

C'mon, we are way past the argument that RG3, CK or Wilson rely on their legs too much, all fine passers. I agree that Wilson probably is the best passing QB right now, least talented arm but most efficient right now. I think all three have proven they can win big games almost relying entirely on their arm but way I see it. If you are a defense taking on the Seahawks, 49ers and Redskins in the season. Which guy are you going to least worry about breaking off runs, Wilson obviously. This is an incredible comparison for Wilson but if he is dual threat, you could say same about Aaron Rodgers, neither have incredible talent for running ball but move well and use legs to open things up. When you play Wilson, D's will can sell out on the pass because they know even if he scarmbles, he can't run 70 yards for a TD like CK or RG3 can. It's clear that teams worry way more about the other two moving off than Wilson

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:47 am

cherriesfna wrote:i prefer my dual threat to primarily be a passer who can also make plays with his legs if nessecary
That could describe Rodgers or Luck too though...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 am

Colan (niner) wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:

C'mon, we are way past the argument that RG3, CK or Wilson rely on their legs too much, all fine passers. I agree that Wilson probably is the best passing QB right now, least talented arm but most efficient right now. I think all three have proven they can win big games almost relying entirely on their arm but way I see it. If you are a defense taking on the Seahawks, 49ers and Redskins in the season. Which guy are you going to least worry about breaking off runs, Wilson obviously. This is an incredible comparison for Wilson but if he is dual threat, you could say same about Aaron Rodgers, neither have incredible talent for running ball but move well and use legs to open things up. When you play Wilson, D's will can sell out on the pass because they know even if he scarmbles, he can't run 70 yards for a TD like CK or RG3 can. It's clear that teams worry way more about the other two moving off than Wilson

Wilson did execute some deigned run plays last year but they were mostly because of Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks stron rushing attack
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:56 am

Kaepernick and RGIII scare people with the ball in hand. Wilson is a great mover and is fast enough but he doesn't have that same effect anyway, he is pretty fast but probably not a 50 or 60 yard run kind of QB. Not unlike Roethlisberger in some ways (Big Ben moves around and does it to try and move coverages which is pretty insane and amazing)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 am

Aaron Rodgers level of mobility.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 am

Poor Cam Newton.... how quickly the world forgets.

That said, I voted for RG3 on account of me being a Skins fan and all that.... much like Cherries and Colan and how they voted for their guys.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 am

RG3 faster than and more accurate than the rest - don't forget how few INT's he threw last year. More durable? I'd also point to his leadership ability. The others are good, but look at the quality of the Skins compared to the 49ers and Seahawks (latter two had much better D's which is a big factor in their success).

I'd actually rate Kaep as #2 based on accuracy and arm strength. RW is a good scrambler, but at times his passing is wayward. Cam showed what relying on your legs too much does when D's key on you and your one good WR. MV doesn't belong in the mix, let alone get a vote - Rodgers is more mobile now!

There have been plenty of good scramblers that did well early in their careers, but its the accurate passers in the group that survived such as Young or Cunningham.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down