The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Going Out

Go down

Not Going Out Empty Not Going Out

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:06 am

Who here has seen any of this hilarious comedy? I'd never heard of it until I saw it on Dave recently. My wife thinks I should marry Lee Mack, because this programme is as funny as anything I've seen on TV! Such quick one-liners, every episode is packed with seriously funny stuff. Even Miranda Hart is funny in it Shocked

Back to top Go down

Not Going Out Empty Re: Not Going Out

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:22 am

Haven't watched it for a few years so can't comment on any recent series but in the episodes I did see the lines leading up to the one-liners were very stilted and contrived.  Plus Lee Mack and Tim Vine can't act - the show has promise but would be better if they stuck to writing and got decent actors in.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:29 am

Well we know the show isn't about fine acting, it's only a vehicle to display Vine and Mack as comedians. If I want serious acting I'd watch Kenneth Branagh Shakespeare films Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Well we know the show isn't about fine acting, it's only a vehicle to display Vine and Mack as comedians. If I want serious acting I'd watch Kenneth Branagh Shakespeare films Laugh

Very Happy 

True, but serious acting doesn't necessarily equate good acting, anything vaguely competent would greatly improve the show.  Watch the first series of Friday Night Dinner for a lesson in delivering lines.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:17 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote: Even Miranda Hart is funny in it Shocked

Does she catch fire, fall down a flight of stairs into a busy road to then be hit by a derailed freight train travelling at 200 mph?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum