The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigers OWGR

+5
Rossa
oldparwin
super_realist
Davie
plugster
9 posters

Go down

Tigers OWGR Empty Tigers OWGR

Post by plugster Tue 10 May 2011, 8:46 pm

Very simple question:

What will Tigers world ranking be the next time he wins a tournament?

Me first..............................i'll go with 16.

plugster

Back to top Go down

Tigers OWGR Empty Re: Tigers OWGR

Post by Davie Tue 10 May 2011, 8:49 pm

you mean his ranking before or after he wins?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 May 2011, 8:51 pm

Hopefully about 1000. If he doesn't win one soon (which would be great if he doesn't) his ranking will plummet like the Hindenburg.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 10 May 2011, 8:52 pm

super_realist wrote: his ranking will plummet like the Hindenburg.

Oh the humanity!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 May 2011, 8:56 pm

Good grief Davie, I thought we'd left the Guardianista sensitivity on the old 606. Rolling Eyes
The Hindenbrg was 84 years ago, more than enough time has passed to make a light hearted remark about it.
The Hindenburg was actually a remarkable story of survival as only a third of people on board died. Unheard of in aviation terms of those days.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 10 May 2011, 8:57 pm

Tiger is still no1 in very many of players rankings, so i would say forget the OWGR and just wait for the Tiger to pounce Ok!

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Tue 10 May 2011, 9:07 pm

I'll go for 31
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 May 2011, 9:09 pm

No 1 in what rankings? Perhaps in the mind of lickspittles like Simba and other straw clutchers?

If that were the case then Federer is still the best tennis player and Armstrong still the best TDF cyclist, but of course they aren't.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 10 May 2011, 9:19 pm

Super

Stop being bitter about Tiger, I am not one of his fans either, but when you look at his record and what he has done, then this man has serious talent that cant be ignored, and he is not going to go away, just expect to see him back at no1 and everyone else playing for 2nd place

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 May 2011, 9:30 pm

Yes, we all know what Tiger has done in the past, but in golf it's a pretty distant past especially given the regularity he used to win. Your history also doesn't mean anything to your future.
I'm just as entitled to flip in my two pennys worth as those awaiting his "second coming" are.
It seems highly unlikely that people will be playing for second place again. I'm not saying he's finished but he's lost his indefatiguable aura that people used to be terrified of. For over 18 months he's just been another top 20 player, nothing more. Of course he could come back, but I doubt he'll dominate like before.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 10 May 2011, 9:48 pm

I cant see any man dominating the game the way Tiger did pre 2009, not even Tiger himself, the fields are not scared of him anymore, he no longer hs that air of invincibility, YE Yang showed the world Tiger is not the Demi God all though he was, but a man capable of being beaten if you yourself never give up. After all thats what Tiger did to win, was keep going when others around him fell away. But what we do have now is a good challenge for Tiger, if he goes onto win the illustrious 18 Majors or more, no-one can say well he had it easy because now he has to fight for them as there are now so many capable of bagging a big one, Im not a Tiger fan Per say but I do think he is good for the game, and can understand why he doesn't commit to the game as much as he used to but can also see why he's made the swing changes too. I'd like to see him compete again this week at the top but not as much as I want to see Sergio rise and rise all the way

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 10 May 2011, 10:02 pm

Tiger might soon enter in some smaller tournaments to gain confidence - which he then might win. Remember, he can stil play golf.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 11 May 2011, 6:04 am

super_realist wrote:Good grief Davie, I thought we'd left the Guardianista sensitivity on the old 606. Rolling Eyes

WHOOOOOSH (the sound of a joke going straight over s_r's head)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 May 2011, 9:16 am

oldparwin wrote:Super

Stop being bitter about Tiger, I am not one of his fans either, but when you look at his record and what he has done, then this man has serious talent that cant be ignored, and he is not going to go away, just expect to see him back at no1 and everyone else playing for 2nd place

Eh? Personally I think Nicklaus will be #1 again soon. "...but when you look at his record and what he has done, then this man has serious talent..."

Just because TW was awesome in his prime has little bearing on whether he'll ever attain those heights again.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 May 2011, 9:19 am

pedro wrote:Tiger might soon enter in some smaller tournaments to gain confidence - which he then might win. Remember, he can stil play golf.

TW doesn't do small tournaments. It's beneath him.

As to his OWGR when (if?) he wins again. Hmmm. Have to go for 20.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 12 May 2011, 12:31 am

It's all about the Young Guns now, like it or not. Just face facts please. Look whose holding the major titles at the moment and look at their respective ages. If you are over 35 then (imho) you are on borrowed time. That doesn't just apply to Tiger btw, it applies to the entire field in any professional golf event. Look how many excellent young players are blossoming from all over the globe. The competition is fierce, the rewards are huge and it's only the beginning.....
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down