The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP]

+3
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
KO-KING
7 posters

Go down

Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP] Empty Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP]

Post by KO-KING Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:47 pm

I've heard rumours of his passing, hopefully they're not true, but if it is unfortunately true may he Rest in peace.

02/03/1938 -07/23/2013

Former Welterweight world Champion - 85-24-2

---------------------------

It's been confirmed that he has in fact passed away at 75 - RIP

"I like men and women both. But I don't like that word: homosexual, gay or faggot. I don't know what I am. I love men and women the same, but if you ask me which is better ... I like women. I keep thinking how strange it is ... I kill a man and most people understand and forgive me. However, I love a man, and to so many people this is an unforgivable sin; this makes me an evil person. So, even though I never went to jail, I have been in prison almost all my life."

Emile Griffith

Last edited by KO-KING on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP] Empty Re: Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP]

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:54 pm

Chris is the man for the tribute to this guy.......

A genuine great and probably the greatest homosexual the game has ever seen If rumors are true...

Greatly affected by the third Paret fight and perhaps a lesson to all that sometimes you can go a bit too far with the hype.....

seemed a nice guy..

RIP.............If true and legend for sure...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP] Empty Re: Emile Griffith Passes away at 75 [RIP]

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:56 pm

Really hope this is not true but RIP if so. Genuine great in an era where the word gets overused. Incredibly talented fighter and a brave guy outside the ring.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Chris is the man for the tribute to this guy.......

A genuine great and probably the greatest homosexual the game has ever seen If rumors are true...

Greatly affected by the third Paret fight and perhaps a lesson to all that sometimes you can go a bit too far with the hype.....

seemed a nice guy..

RIP.............If true and legend for sure...

not that it matters I think he was Bi, not homosexual.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/emile-griffith-noted-ex-welterweight-middleweight-champion-dies-160132443.html

Being reported on Yahoo News so does appear to be true unfortunately.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:25 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/14/opinion/14herbert.html?_r=0

Good/interesting article - The Haunting of Emile Griffith (2005).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:49 pm

Emile Griffith - Ring of Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5OEBbzINOA

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:26 am

Very sad indeed.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:37 am

RIP
rose 

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

KO-KING wrote:Emile Griffith - Ring of Fire

I urge anybody, not just boxing fans to watch Ring of Fire. WARNING: You will cry at the end.

Rest In Peace

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 24 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/23/emile-griffith-boxer-bennie-paret-dies

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:58 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:

I urge anybody, not just boxing fans to watch Ring of Fire. WARNING: You will cry at the end.

Rest In Peace
Just wanted to thank KO King for bringing this to my attention. Really good documentary and fascinating character, seems hard to dislike.

The anger I had at the scumbags that beat him up outside the gay bar was also hard to contain, as I don't have a cat I spent 30 mins trying to find someone else's I could kick*

JBW - You big girl! I didn't cry but weirdly some sand or dust must have blown threw my house towards the end as my eyes did start watering slightly...

*This is obviously not true, I found one fairly quickly and with it being quite old and sickly looking it was easy enough to kick and probably took no more that five minutes.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:39 pm

huw wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:

Rest In Peace
Just wanted to thank KO King for bringing this to my attention. Really good documentary and fascinating character, seems hard to dislike.

The anger I had at the scumbags that beat him up outside the gay bar was also hard to contain
, as I don't have a cat I spent 30 mins trying to find someone else's I could kick*

JBW - You big girl! I didn't cry but weirdly some sand or dust must have blown threw my house towards the end as my eyes did start watering slightly...

*This is obviously not true, I found one fairly quickly and with it being quite old and sickly looking it was easy enough to kick and probably took no more that five minutes.
I will never understand what it must feel like to be discriminated against because of being homosexual - although I imagine it would be similar to other forms of discrimination (race, religion etc...) this will always stand out to me - "I kill a man and most people understand and forgive me. However, I love a man, and to so many people this is an unforgivable sin"

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down