The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Cold (spoiler)

+8
Mr H
XR
theundisputedY2D2
crippledtart
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
jayjoseph.korankye
12 posters

Go down

Stone Cold (spoiler) Empty Stone Cold (spoiler)

Post by jayjoseph.korankye Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:13 am

Hey guys,

I read the other day, think it was nodq.com or bleacher report that the WWE have offered a deal to Austin for W30. The current creative storyline would be for stone cold to go up against..... Wait for it...... HHH!

The idea behind this is that it will be used with the power struggle storyline in which Vince is so desperate to defeat HHH that he turns to his arch enemy to get the job done.

For me I have always been a HHH fan but this stinks, this to me sounds like mr levesque wanting to be in another marquee match and not wanting to put over a young talent instead.

As you will all know we are a long way from w30 and things can always change and who knows if this is even true.

So what do you guys think?

jayjoseph.korankye

Back to top Go down

Stone Cold (spoiler) Empty Re: Stone Cold (spoiler)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:16 am

Heard a bit about this on facebook.

Unless Austin's opinion of HHH has significatly softened since he point blank refused to drop the title to HHH back in 99/00, I doubt he'd be queing up to have the match.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjoseph.korankye Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 am

Why did he refuse to drop the title to him back then Dr?

jayjoseph.korankye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:20 am

I just don't think he liked/rated him, there was a triple threat match at the PPV, Austin dropped the title to Foley who the dropped it to HHH the next night on Raw.

Reports were Austin refused to pass it direct to HHH.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 am

The problem brought up on this one when we spoke on the podcast was that surely this story has Austin as the heel? My theory would be that HHH slowly turns heel in this long storyline and Vince becomes more sympathetic based on, basically, his age. 

Would be a huge shame to see Austin wasted with HHH

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:22 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:The problem brought up on this one when we spoke on the podcast was that surely this story has Austin as the heel? My theory would be that HHH slowly turns heel in this long storyline and Vince becomes more sympathetic based on, basically, his age. 

Would be a huge shame to see Austin wasted with HHH

I'm listening to the podcast right now, and this bit just came up

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:36 am

Money talks but Austin has been away from the ring for a long long time, if he came back im pretty sure it would only be for a storyline that appeals to him, I dont think teaming up with Vince appeals to him at all, he loves the bones off the guy but storyline wise he hates him and I dont think he'd waste the comeback of comebacks on aligning himself with Vince, doing it the first time signalled the beginning of the end for his career

It'll be Punk, Austin likes Punk, Punk loves Austin, Punks already mentioned him enough times to tie this in, face vs face passion vs aggression

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:39 am

I just don't see Austin being up for this. It's his first match back after a decade of inactivity, and possibly his last match ever. I think he's smart enough to know this is not the dream scenario.

He doesn't need to wrestle again; his legacy is established and he doesn't need the money. He'd only come back for something that would get him ultra excited, an opportunity to do something huge and memorable. Reliving 2001 doesn't fit the bill at all.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Can't see this happening to be honest. Austin and Triple H haven't had the best relationship in the past so I doubt Stone Cold would come back after over 10 years of in-ring inactivity to job to the Game-uhh (this is assuming that Trips takes control of the company on-screen at Wrestlemania 30).

Then there's the small matter of a certain Mr. CM Punk. Between them they've been laying the groundwork for a Punk / Austin match for years now, nothing major but there's been enough going on to suggest that if / when Austin comes back for one more match it'll be against CM Punk.

Where this leaves Triple H for Wrestlemania 30 is anybody's guess. I agree with Chris that the best thing is for him (and Steph) to slowly turn heel on Vince which will lead to Vince recruiting the Rock to face Trips at Wrestlemania 30.

Last edited by theundisputedY2D2 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Rock vs HHH isn't a bad idea, unlike HHH and Austin they have a memorable history,
but there's no garuntee that Rock will be back for WM30 and that leaves me wondering how the rest of the card works out,

HHH, Brock, Punk, Taker, Cena and possibly Austin & Rock all have to fit into the main events and whichever way you look at it that's an odd number so someone will have to see someone else.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah Doc I was basically going on the assumption that the Rock would make WM 30, and that guys like Taker, Cena and Lesnar will be otherwise engaged.

If the Rock's unavailable - hell even if he isn't - there's only one man who can save the WWE from the clutches of Triple H and Stephanie:

WORYAH! thumbsup 

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:30 pm

That would be amazing, HHH to do his 20 minute entrance only to have Warrior run down and no sell the pedigree, 1-2-3, mark out!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Amen to that!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:35 pm

why do people visit nodq for news? it's an horrendous site and had worse forums before it was closed down.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Is this more likely than the story I saw about Stacy Keibler returning and forming a team with Daniel Bryan?

The problem with this is who will be ok with losing to HHH that won't be damaged by it, but yet would also be a big enough name? Unless, Vince wins and its an ego trip, playing a bit on how everyone thought Henry was retiring, playing into their hands then twisting it.

A name that did spring into my head was HBK. Long have people murmured that he may get one more appearance. Mr Wrestlemania getting a run out at WM30 in honour of the romance he and Vince shared?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:23 pm

This is the thing, HHH is likely going to win and assume 'control' of the company. A kayfabe passing of the torch if you like. But I can't see in a million years the likes of Austin or Rock doing the job.

The name I keep coming back to is Batista.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Does anyone know why Austin wouldn't drop the belt to HHH at Summerslam 99?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:Does anyone know why Austin wouldn't drop the belt to HHH at Summerslam 99?

He didn't think Triple H was a credible main eventer, which is the same reason he wouldn't feud with Jeff Jarrett.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:39 pm

I'd always heard he was given a choice of feuding with Billy Gunn, Jeff Jarrett or Triple H. Is this true?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 am

I've read in the past that the WWF wanted Austin to work one-on-one programmes with Triple H and Jeff Jarrett but he turned them both down, for the afore-mentioned reasons plus there was talk of Austin being annoyed with Jarrett making comments about "Austin 3:16" being blasphemous. Stone Cold's refusal to work with Jarrett eventually lead to Jeff's departure from the WWF to WCW.

With Billy Gunn I've read that it was proposed to Austin that he work a RAW main event with Gunn that ended with a run-in finish. Supposedly Stone Cold nixed that idea because he felt Gunn wasn't over enough to benefit from the 'rub' from Stone Cold.

Make of that what you will.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:31 am

The Stone Cold vs Triple H at WM30 story is not true. I don't know if you guys have heard of the 'The Wrestling Observer' which is run by Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez but they were doing a podcast and the Triple H/Stone Cold was just an IDEA from one of them and someone of course took it the wrong way and thought they were talking about something already set in stone!

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 am

Its almost worse that people who actually enjoy wrestling would consider this an idea.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:44 am

Mr H wrote:This is the thing, HHH is likely going to win and assume 'control' of the company. A kayfabe passing of the torch if you like. But I can't see in a million years the likes of Austin or Rock doing the job.

The name I keep coming back to is Batista.

That's a good shout. Heel Batista in his feud with Cena was great, something along those lines with Vince in his corner, and Batista destroying HHH from Rumble to Mania before HHH "upsets the odds" at Mania to win the company. I wouldn't be shocked if that's how it ended up.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 am

Batsitia is done with wrestling he is now an actor, though i could see him coming back down the line to promote his new movie

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 am

So, you're saying hes so done with it that he might come back?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:03 am

not to wrestle just one of those guests thing

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:23 am

Austin did a job for Triple H at No Mercy 1999, which was only a couple of months after Summerslam.

I don't believe that he refused to put Triple H over at any point.

I think the main reason they had Mankind win the triple threat at Summerslam was because they wanted a babyface going over due to Jesse Ventura's involvement as special ref, but also wanted to protect Triple H. The match needed someone to win clean so that Ventura didn't look incompetent, but if Trips had beaten two of the company's top three babyfaces clean it would have looked really bad for Austin and Mankind.

The story about Gunn and Jarrett is that Austin thought it would harm his drawing power if he feuded with wrestlers he considered to be a) mid-carders and b) not good enough to make it as main eventers. I'm not entirely sure he was wrong. Also he had personal heat with Jarrett due to Jarrett's comments about the 3:16 gimmick being blasphemous.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down