The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoyance of Boxing

+14
horizontalhero
rIck_dAgless
Strongback
The Boss
Nico the gman
Lumbering_Jack
Mr Bounce
88Chris05
Mind the windows Tino.
ONETWOFOREVER
Union Cane
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
mobilemaster8
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Annoyance of Boxing Empty Annoyance of Boxing

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:34 pm

Just a random one gents before end of the day....

who in boxing really annoys you, winds you up to the maximum, makes your skin crawl and makes you really angry?

And why?

Ill start with three:

Danny Garcia - Hate his arrogance for such a complete hype job, his dad is a royal Tinkywinky and i hate his stupid god damn hair cut!!

Bob Arum - a squeamish little carp, hate his face and his bullsh!t with Mayweather Pacquiao.

Tyson Fury - Stupid accent, as thick as a kevlar, talks way to much about nothingness. Is also ironically garbage in the ring and is actually a better singer than a fighter.

Your turn, vent the anger.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Annoyance of Boxing Empty Re: Annoyance of Boxing

Post by Rowley Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:37 pm

Steve Bunce, stop shouting, stop finishing your poorly punctuated column in Boxing Monthly with Adios and go back to being a proper writer, which when you are not being "Buncey" you're actually capable of doing perfectly well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:40 pm

Audley Harrison - Gets squashed and humiliates himself regularly but still thinks people are interested in whether he will retire or not.......Shocking ego...

David Haye - Name drops religiously.....and no one with any class would put his toe on the table like that....Another with no idea of how he is perceived....

Doesn't want to be an action actor...wants to be like Deniro....How patronising to actors...A muppet.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm

Ring announcer Mark Burdis - for having been Stewpot in Grange Hill and making me feel really old for remembering him in it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:45 pm

Bunce is a good call........Chisora-Haye the best fight of the century...........

Showed you what a money lady of loose morals the guy is..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:47 pm

Remember when Bunce also said the Garcia vs Khan fight was a complete mismatch and there was no point in watching because we all knew Khan would walk Garcia.

How wrong could ya get Buncy!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:48 pm

Oh and id throw Boxnation in there in general as the commentary and whole set up is Love sacks

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:48 pm

Jose Sullyman

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:51 pm

Ian John Lewis for being a c*ck.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:52 pm

The chairman of the WBO......Yes warren I'm talking to you !!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm

Richie Woodhall is fast getting there as well, he has reached the point where you almost have to mute the TV when he is commentating on a Brit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Richie Woodhall is fast getting there as well, he has reached the point where you almost have to mute the TV when he is commentating on a Brit.

He seems to think it's a good meal ticket option to fly the Brit flag constantly even If it means picking a Brit to win a fight he'll get slapped in....

Don't buy him at all.......like that useless disgrace-to-the-name-world-title person called glenn Mccrory..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:01 pm

Used to dislike McCrory's habit of shoehorning into every conversation that he used to spar with Mike Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Used to dislike McCrory's habit of shoehorning into every conversation that he used to spar with Mike Tyson

He called it sparring....... others were less polite...Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Used to dislike McCrory's habit of shoehorning into every conversation that he used to spar with Mike Tyson

Reminded me Colin Hart can join the list. Did he mention he tipped Ali in the Rumble?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:10 pm

Rowley wrote:

Reminded me Colin Hart can join the list. Did he mention he tipped Ali in the Rumble?
Can't say I've ever heard him mention it to be honest.

Adam Smith..despite the numerous reasnos to dislike him (his sucking up to the K is nauseating), the one that annoys me more than anything is when he says the name "Kosttyeyaaaa Stststyyeeeewwwwuuu"

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:18 pm

Andre Dirrell, who is in serious danger of becoming one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent times, first off.

He was asked recently about his almost total lack of activity since being given a clean bill of health back in 2011, to which he replied "Well, I'm just waiting for the call from Ward's people. That's the fight for me."

Here's an idea, Andre - actually fight and beat a ranked opponent to show that you're still a viable and deserving of a world title fight, there's a good lad!

His whiny, moaning attitude, too. No, you weren't robbed blind against Froch, you threw the fight away and there's a big difference. I was also at that fight and, judging by the way his 'people' were acting throughout, they're a bunch of prats, too!

Rant over. For now anyway.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:22 pm

Not sure anybody who loses to Froch can be a "biggest waste of talent in recent times"..

But I get your drift........Still how many heavyweights deserve shots these days..??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:33 pm

You make it sounds as if Froch is a journeyman, Truss!

On the outset, losing a split decision in those circumstances is nothing to be too hard on yourself over, as Froch had more experience at a high level, represented a huge leap up from the guys Dirrell had been fighting previously and the fight was in Froch's backyard, too.

But despite all that, he really should have beaten Froch, hence my point. He showed that he's got plenty of ability and talent, but his laziness and lack of application was poor in comparison.

At the time, I wasn't too worried, first off because I was obviously glad that Carl had come through the fight and I'd been there to cheer him on, and also because I felt sure that the fight would only be a temporary set back for Dirrell and he'd learn from it, put right those mistakes and kick on. In fact, when he beat Abraham, albeit with an odd ending, I thought he'd taken the first steps to doing exactly that.

But since then, zilch.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:37 pm

88Chris05 wrote:You make it sounds as if Froch is a journeyman, Truss!

On the outset, losing a split decision in those circumstances is nothing to be too hard on yourself over, as Froch had more experience at a high level, represented a huge leap up from the guys Dirrell had been fighting previously and the fight was in Froch's backyard, too.

But despite all that, he really should have beaten Froch, hence my point. He showed that he's got plenty of ability and talent, but his laziness and lack of application was poor in comparison.

At the time, I wasn't too worried, first off because I was obviously glad that Carl had come through the fight and I'd been there to cheer him on, and also because I felt sure that the fight would only be a temporary set back for Dirrell and he'd learn from it, put right those mistakes and kick on. In fact, when he beat Abraham, albeit with an odd ending, I thought he'd taken the first steps to doing exactly that.

But since then, zilch.

Suppose it's dependent on the terms recent times......Hardly Ray leonard is he ???

Amir Khan - Mayweather ducked him....and now Alexander is ducking him...Maybe he should take their advice and duck once in a while..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:28 pm

Joan Guzman. Man has NO discipline to make the weight. Either work to make the weight or go do something else. Or go to heavyweight.

Odlanier Solis for training with Mr Kipling and Colonel Sanders and throwing away a god-given talent.

The Klitschko brothers' nauseating ring walk build-ups with soft rock German bands and heavy lightshows. Just GET ON WITH IT!

Tyson Fury saying how "good" he is. You are a plank and quite untalented, sir.

Drug usage and the lack of punishment for it.

Arrogance and acting like a tool as a result. Yes I am looking at you Angel Garcia, Amir Khan, Tyson Fury, Floyd Mayweather.

Julio Cesar Chavez Junior. You sir are unworthy.

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't spell Klitschko)

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:44 pm

Hahahahahaha Bounce!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:49 pm

James Dega...do I even need to finish typing the lad's name? A twunt of the very highest pedigree. Found it hilarious and pathetic in equal measure when he was whinging to Warren on his debut ("Tell 'em to stop booing Frank!") Laughed my ribs into my spleen when he was beaten by Groves and really couldn't care whether he wins, loses or falls through a hole in the planet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:50 pm

I can't really get away with Joe Gallagher. Looks homeless and has an arrogance I really can't get on board with.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:33 pm

Glen MCcrory and Duke Mckenzie both absolutely clueless,whoever gave these 2 tv jobs should be shot.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:James Dega...do I even need to finish typing the lad's name? A twunt of the very highest pedigree. Found it hilarious and pathetic in equal measure when he was whinging to Warren on his debut ("Tell 'em to stop booing Frank!") Laughed my ribs into my spleen when he was beaten by Groves and really couldn't care whether he wins, loses or falls through a hole in the planet.

Just for you, Dave.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:27 pm

Sugar Ray Leonard. Have an irrational dislike for the man that has gotten worse since reading his autobiography. So far up his own arse it's unreal.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:38 pm

I've read it too......Excuses fior all his performances....

Hagler is right to ignore him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:39 pm

Fat yellow baldy American's that wear sun glasses.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:40 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I can't really get away with Joe Gallagher. Looks homeless and has an arrogance I really can't get on board with.

He does look unkempt but I think he's got plenty to be happy about..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:James Dega...do I even need to finish typing the lad's name? A twunt of the very highest pedigree. Found it hilarious and pathetic in equal measure when he was whinging to Warren on his debut ("Tell 'em to stop booing Frank!") Laughed my ribs into my spleen when he was beaten by Groves and really couldn't care whether he wins, loses or falls through a hole in the planet.
Forgot about that clown, would love to see him get in with Froch get a eight or nine round beating,then knocked out and in to retirement,would want anyone to beat him, calls Groves ugly kid,coming from someone who looks like a horse.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:43 pm

I hated that Truss. But the worst thing was how he talked about some of the lesser fighters he fought for me. The condecension was on another planet!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:47 pm

I actually liked Leonard even more after reading 'The Big Fight'......I guess there's something seriously wrong with me!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:02 pm

Very Chris. I had my mind made up after the 1st chapter. I really can't stand how he talks about some of his opponents. Especially the lesser 1s who has no need to insult 30 years later.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:15 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I actually liked Leonard even more after reading 'The Big Fight'......I guess there's something seriously wrong with me!

Since you have stuck your head above the parapet may as well join you Chris and say I quite enjoyed the book as well. Some people need to read No Ordinary Joe, gives you a whole different perspective on where you set your bar.

Half agree with people on Degale but if he was not the way he is we would have been denied the moment when the ring announcer said still undefeated in his fight against Groves and Degale started celebrating only to realise Groves was also undefeated which is quite possibly one of my favourite moments in the sport of the last ten years.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:21 pm

No Ordinary Joe is a literary masterpiece. It takes a really special book to fill do many pages without saying eff all of note.

I thought Leonard's book was a good read but he is a complete bell end.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:10 am

Carl "the warrior" Froch annoys my happiness for some reason, good boxer, great to watch in the ring, good record etc.

but when he bangs on and on and on about warriors, trenches, Fighting Men etc really gets on my breasticles

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:29 am

Ther late Henry Cooper, when commentating had an anoying phase of comparing every fight to "when I fought Ali and knocked him down in the fourth round". funnily he never mentioned what happened in the fifth ...

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:33 am

Naseem Hamed (sorry Jeff) used to be a big fan but he really Is a twerp of the highest order, the recent interview with Gary Newbon was one of the worst one on ones I've witnessed.

"God given talent" "Allah wrote it for me"

Oh please shut up you whining little c0ck!

Also a big shout out too anyone who chooses to have those awful little cretins with dreadlocks rapping accompanying them on a ring walks.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:36 am

I think Hamed's speech before Barrera was squirm inducing...especially after what came after...

I'd love to be Allah.......after all when someone gets a goal in soccer...a hundred in cricket or wins a fight he gets the credit...

When someone gets trashed in Boxing...gets nought in cricket and doesn't score.....he doesn't get any blame..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:44 am

True Truss, and I won't scoff at anyone's religious beliefs.

But post fight interviews are dreadful when a fighter thanks god above for the victory, if that's the case why did you bother training you would've won anyway.

I think Freddie Roach summed it up perfectly when he said "If god exists , I'm sure he'll have more important things than boxing to think about"

Cheers
Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:08 am

You're lucky I like you Rodders.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:14 am

With you on that rodders. Not a fan of the god thanking victory speech in any sport. In boxing, when god is siding with the serial womanising wife beating ped taking gangster who won... it makes you wonder what the guy who lost had done.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:27 am

milkyboy wrote:With you on that rodders. Not a fan of the god thanking victory speech in any sport. In boxing, when god is siding with the serial womanising wife beating ped taking gangster who won... it makes you wonder what the guy who lost had done.

Remeber when Tyson started praying right after Bruno 2..........

Geez how pitiful.........My biggest regret is that guy that used to lead him in the ring alltime who used to scream out.....You know the scrounger slimebag...Never got slowly tortured to death..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:28 am

Always knew you were a big softy Jeff!

True Milky mate, I sometimes wonder some of the jobs I get put on I must've been Ghengis Khan in a previous life.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:30 am

I get annoyed at people who pick Louis to beat Ali...after 170 pound Conn made him look like a novice...Cool 

Coming back to the thread.....Garcia isn't a hype job....He beat Khan who was respected....Have to give him praise for that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:40 am

Rodney wrote:Always knew you were a big softy Jeff!

True Milky mate, I sometimes wonder some of the jobs I get put on I must've been Ghengis Khan in a previous life.

Cheers Rodders

No rodders, our lord (trussman the omnipresent) is punishing you for your crimes of myopic loving of old timers against the modern greats.Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

I get more annoyed hearing Billy ....ing Conn, !!!!

I agree Garcia gets underrated, many have you believe that Khan was doing a Hearns esque job ala Barkley, on Garcia before he got tagged, he wasn't Garcia was getting closer and closer as every minute passed.

I'm one of the few picking Garcia to grins out a win against Matthyse

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Geez how pitiful.........My biggest regret is that guy that used to lead him in the ring alltime who used to scream out.....You know the scrounger slimebag...Never got slowly tortured to death..

Crocodile?

I always wanted Lennox Lewis to smack him straight in his cake-hole.

What a c0ck that guy was.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:53 am

Anyone remember Tyson's so-called 'co-manager' John Horne, as well? What a vile toad of a bloke he was! I love how he was so unintentionally hilarious in this interview....

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next