The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury

+3
21st Century Schizoid Man
funnyExiledScot
GLove39
7 posters

Go down

Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury Empty Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury

Post by GLove39 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:18 pm

Now lets try not to laugh to much at the injury... but it's hard not to think that if only David Cameron's web filtering had be brought introduced a few years earlier this might have been avoided... Whistle 

But, nah seriously, sad to see his career cut short prematurely.

A solid player with 31 Scotland caps to his name, 5 as captain, including that lovely win over South Africa.

And in terms of the club scene, a Glawcster stalwart for several years. And more recently a part of the falcons team that won it's way back into the Aviva.

Wishing him all the best post rugby.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury Empty Re: Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:07 pm

Good player Lawson. A purists scrum half, who never lost sight of his primary role of providing quick ball to the backs. Good cover tackler too.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury Empty Re: Rory Lawson retires from rugby due to a chronic wrist injury

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

Heroic tackling by the wee fella won us the game v the Wallabies a few years ago I seem to remember. All the best to him in the future. clap 

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:56 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Heroic tackling by the wee fella won us the game v the Wallabies a few years ago I seem to remember.   All the best to him in the future. clap 

the try saving tackle on Stephen Moore over the try line? That was Cusiter. Lawson came on as a sub after that.

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:47 pm

A great player who should have won more caps but was unfortunate to come up against Mike Blair. With Blair having retired from international rugby and Lawson injured, our resources are stretched a bit at 9 now. Pyrgos is still learning the trade, Cusiter is too slow and too injured and my thoughts on Laidlaw at 9 are well known

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:51 pm

I'll always remember Rory's performance against South Africa in 2010 - it was a stodgy, territorial-based kicking game where defensive tenacity was the order of the day. Rory was exactly the player we needed in that situation. I think he, John Barclay and Dan Parks had their best games in the navy blue that day.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:36 am

IanBru wrote:I'll always remember Rory's performance against South Africa in 2010 - it was a stodgy, territorial-based kicking game where defensive tenacity was the order of the day. Rory was exactly the player we needed in that situation. I think he, John Barclay and Dan Parks had their best games in the navy blue that day.

Ahhh, that was a good day. Yes I think that was Rory's finest hour in a Scotland shirt. Just little things like at the final ruck of the game, he dummied picking the ball up, couple of Saffers came racing forward only to have to retreat behind the backfoot. Lawson kicks the ball out unopposed. Smart player.

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:21 pm

Is this the last of the MacLaren dynasty playing rugby? Hope not !

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:29 am

InjuredYetAgain wrote:A great player who should have won more caps but was unfortunate to come up against Mike Blair. With Blair having retired from international rugby and Lawson injured, our resources are stretched a bit at 9 now. Pyrgos is still learning the trade, Cusiter is too slow and too injured and my thoughts on Laidlaw at 9 are well known
Look no further than Grayson Hart and Sean Kennedy. I also have high hopes for Hidalgo-Clyne to develop as well. Pretty good options now for Edinburgh at 9, it's just the other 14 positions we need to worry about.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:58 am

Mispent youth ? ghost 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:52 pm

GLove39 wrote:A solid player with 31 Scotland caps to his name, 5 as captain, including that lovely win over South Africa.

Wishing him all the best post rugby.
+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down