The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Green - Is it a valid excuse ???

+6
mobilemaster8
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
Diamond in the rough
The Terror of Tylorstown
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Being Green -  Is it a valid excuse ??? - Page 2 Empty Being Green - Is it a valid excuse ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Funny how we can use the green argument for fighters we don't like.........

Salvador Sanchez is rightly credited with a great win over Azumah Nelson.........Yet 50% of posters on here put down RJJ's win over Hopkins despite the fact Hoppo never really changed in style.......

Because Khan is widely disliked...He got hammered for the Prescott loss and yet wasn't he "Green"......How many fighters that lose would beat the fighters who beat them when they weren't "green".......

Holmes nearly lost to a "GREEN" Witherspoon.........Why because Witherspoon put his technique up against Holmes and should have won in my opinion...

Which is what Boxers do...........They pitch their technique against other fighters techniques..........Great fighters have better ones and truly great fighters have a plan B...But very few !!!

Would Hoppo ever have beaten RJJ...........Would Nelson have ever beaten Sanchez......Think the answer is no unless they change what made them special in the first place...and you don't have to be GREEN to try something else....

Don't buy this green stuff in Boxing.........You do your thing..he does his.........and you win or you lose !!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Being Green -  Is it a valid excuse ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Green - Is it a valid excuse ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm not backing you up.........Alvarez is one of the best fighters around in my opinion....

Rhodes had an awesome fighter in Alvarez and Macklin one in GGG..........

Rhodes did better....

But it's pointless because Alvarez and GGG are different..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Being Green -  Is it a valid excuse ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Green - Is it a valid excuse ???

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

God forbid taking on your major divisional rival in Trout then following that up with Mayweather, really looks like he's going for the easy path. He didn't need to take a high risk fight in Trout but did because he wanted to prove himself worthy for Mayweather and he did with a wonderful performance against a well regarded operator. Hatton, Gomez and Mosley don't mean anything any more he's at the top of his division because he beat his nearest rival.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm

Im not saying your wrong Truss/Terror, I am merely stating my opinion that Alvarez is over rated big time.

Alvarez fought Matthew Hatton for his world title. Can someone please just explain how that happened? A bit like Pacquiao and Maragarito. How does it happen?

He has gone from that to fighting Rhodes, Gomez, Lopez, Mosley and he finally beats ONE good name and BANG, he is a legend over night.

Golovkin is very similar, but his level of opposition has always increased.......Rosado.........stepped up to Ishida.........then Maklin and he may be fighting again soon against Quillin possibly.

Alvarez will get owned by Mayweather. That's how I feel.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:25 pm

Everyone gets owned by Mayweather it doesn't mean they are hyped up or over rated, it just means Mayweather is a special fighter.

Are Ishida or Rosado really steps up? They're not exactly Trout level are, a step up for him would be to face one of his fellow champions not yet more smaller men who have never been anything, at least Mosley and Cintron have some history and experience.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Im not saying your wrong Truss/Terror, I am merely stating my opinion that Alvarez is over rated big time.

Alvarez fought Matthew Hatton for his world title. Can someone please just explain how that happened? A bit like Pacquiao and Maragarito. How does it happen?

He has gone from that to fighting Rhodes, Gomez, Lopez, Mosley and he finally beats ONE good name and BANG, he is a legend over night.

Golovkin is very similar, but his level of opposition has always increased.......Rosado.........stepped up to Ishida.........then Maklin and he may be fighting again soon against Quillin possibly.

Alvarez will get owned by Mayweather.  That's how I feel.
He's green If he does...not green If he doesn't though...right ?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:38 pm

Who the hell has said that Alvarez is a "legend", mobile? Nobody that I know of.

He's being hyped up a little too much, for sure, and those talking about him emulating De la Hoya are going to be in for a disappointment, I feel, but in general I'd say most see him for what he is; a good fighter with a potentially bright future ahead of him, but not the kind of fighter who'll be spoken about in reverent terms in decades to come.

Anyway, in fairness to both him and Golovkin, it's not been through a lack of trying that they've failed to meet the big boys of their divisions, the Canelo-Trout fight aside.

Alvarez was signed to fight Williams, who was then dreadfully injured and forced in to retirement. Then he signed to fight Ortiz, assuming Victor would come through against Lopez. But Ortiz being Ortiz, he found a way to make a pig's ear of that, too.

As for Golovkin, he's been (or is now being) avoided by many of the 160 operators, no denying that really. Martinez, who bemoaned the fact that Chavez Jr used the same excuse as a way of trying to swerve their fight ironically enough, claims that Golovkin isn't a big enough draw to get a fight with him, while Di Bella has basically said that he won't allow Martinez to fight Golovkin as it's too big a risk for a man with one eye on retirement.

As for the Quillin fight, well it seems to me that Oscar is doing all he can to protect GBP's 'Kid Chocolate' from the shellacking that Golovkin would give him, seeing as De la Hoya had the nerve to say that Golovkin "needs to go out there and beat a few names before he deserves a fight against Peter!".

Erm, really Oscar?

Geale was supposed to fight Golovkin, but made a very public announcement that he was deciding to fight Mundine instead on the basis of it being a much-publicized fight in Australia which allowed him to settle a grudge.

All that being said, the respective opposition of Alvarez and Golovkin isn't as big a stick to beat them with as many would think.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 08 Aug 2013, 5:16 pm

Alvarez takes a lot of stick about being overrated,he's done everything that's asked of him pretty comfortably so far.

The fact that this 23year old is willing to fight the best PfP fighter in the world proves he aint frightened to take anyone on,might get a boxing lesson from Mayweather but he's young enough to bounce back.As world champion he's earned the right to fight Mayweather.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:54 am

Nico the gman wrote:Alvarez takes a lot of stick about being overrated,he's done everything that's asked of him pretty comfortably so far.

The fact that this 23year old is willing to fight the best PfP fighter in the world proves he aint frightened to take anyone on,might get a boxing lesson from Mayweather but he's young enough to bounce back.As world champion he's earned the right to fight Mayweather.
Think anybody would take a Mayweather fight Nico........I mean millions of bucks and all..........But let's be honest If he'd beaten Manny, Khan, Lara, Broner............

He'd still be green or weightdrained If he loses to Floyd........Floyd loses..he's lost to his first live opponent and was overrated...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2