The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you rather be?

3 posters

Go down

Who would you rather be? Empty Who would you rather be?

Post by jack-rabbitpunch Thu 08 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

Quite simple, who would you rather be, Demarcus Corley or Joe Calzaghe(sorry joe)

DC is a limited fighter, but when he looks back on his career, he can say he has been in there with Cotto, Mayweather, Judah, Matthysse, provodnikov and to a lesser extent Witter, Bailey and McCloskey. All either champs at one point or title contenders.

JC has been in the ring with Kessler, Hopkins, RJJ*, Lacy, Reid, Mitchell, brewer, Veit.....Pudwel. not a bad list, although the RJJ fight can be taken with more than a pinch of salt.

JC probably has the better bank balance, and will be remembered more fondly, but if money was taken out of the equation, which record would you rather? Do you want to be the guy who can say, " i wasnt the best but have shared the ring with some great" or " i am undefeated (and have serious questons marks over my record)

I was probably being a little harsh on Calzaghe, so i shall swap him for Sven Ottke. Would you rather be a boxer who has been in with some of the best................or sven

Last edited by jack-rabbitpunch on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

jack-rabbitpunch

Back to top Go down

Who would you rather be? Empty Re: Who would you rather be?

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:14 pm

Good question.

id go with JC

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:20 pm

Purely because for me there should be no question marks over JC legacy. He fought some great opposition along with some garbage ones. Just like Wladamir Klitschko.

You beat the best in front of you and he was a slight under dog against Lacy and Kessler who were both undefeated. He also beat Hopkins which was slated.....that was back in 08 and since then he has battered Pavlik, destroyed Pascals morale and won a couple of world title, taking an undefeated fighters '0' along the way so was a great win.

Headlined the states and the UK, travelled, stayed undefeated, unified the division and did indeed beat some good fighters, two weight world champ.

Cant argue with that can we? Rarely did we see him marked up either so......

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:34 pm

'travelled' is a rather generous description of JC. He only left the country in the last 2 fights of his career!!

Agree the premise though, would rather be JC over DC in an instant.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:42 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:'travelled' is a rather generous description of JC.  He only left the country in the last 2 fights of his career!!

Agree the premise though, would rather be JC over DC in an instant.
Come now, he also fought Will "Quick Fire" McIntrye on a Tyson undercard in Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum