The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

+35
Hero
Dave.
owen10ozzy
Marky
Gregers
jimmyinthewell68
goldwolf
Sam
Soldier_Of_Fortune
JDizzle
GSC
The Special Juan
Bull
Liam
Colan (niner)
The Terror of Tylorstown
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
mystiroakey
Fernando
hampo17
Hulking_up
Mat
TheCelticGarbutt
NickisBHAFC
JamesLincs
Stella
Luke
Dolphin Ziggler
TheCultOfPersonality
Good Golly I'm Olly
CFCNick
nasisillmatic
Duty281
Crimey
39 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 Empty Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well the season is nearly upon us, with matches starting next weekend, so I thought it was time for a thread for it.

I'll start with my predictions with the finishes, although a lot depends on signings so mine might change by the end of the window.

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Norwich City
9. Swansea
10. West Bromwich Albion
11. West Ham United
12. Sunderland
13. Newcastle United
14. Fulham
15. Aston Villa
16. Southampton
17. Stoke
18. Cardiff
19. Hull
20. Crystal Palace

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:01 pm

rooney cant replace him- but still a valid replacement

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by The Special Juan Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:01 pm

Having the world's best striker in your team really makes a difference. (Ignoring Messi and Ronaldo because they're more flexible)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm

Rooney's run across the defence was very good. Canas to me looks like a player who will get a couple red cards.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:08 pm

Just seen the Arsenal score, maybe their decline is fast approaching. Spurs fans will be rubbing their hands with glee. United cruising at the moment, that 3rd goal by RVP was a touch of class.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:10 pm

What on earth is Danny Welbeck doing?

Good finish by Bony.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:20 pm

I didn't expect a better goal to be scored in this game. Great link up by the england lads..

Amazing finish by welbeck

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:23 pm

Ah, where was this Danny Welbeck last season? Lovely finish. Also showing how well him and Rooney link up as well.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:29 pm

Those are a big three points considering its away at a tough side, Moyes' first game and the manner of the win (mainly the scoreline).

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:32 pm

arsenal didnt have a good enough squad last season and only luck with fixtures saw them pick up easy points towards the end of the season.

wenger says his squad is good enough, and i think he actually believes that. what has happened to arsenal!

Very Happy

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm

The Sky setup is awful. They should be at the ground with the guests, not bothering having 100 unknown's, looking generally bored.

As for game, United were not at their best at all, RVP obviously was the difference. United showed the experience and professionalism to get the job done, Swansea in the final third were just abysmal which was very surprising. Not going to read too much into this result, United vs Chelsea will give us the clearer indication, as to the weaknesses, United possibly have this season. Welbeck, improving all the time, apart from his horror show for the Bony goal, but let's not get carried away because of two goals. Also on that text, Welbeck instead of Benteke picard 

Great start for United, woeful start for Arsenal. Expect some fireworks in the transfer window now. Wenger's delusional beliefs his squad are good enough was catastrophically blown to pieces today, his desperational signings will be on their way now for sure. Begovic, Williams & Fellaini for Arsenal most probably.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:15 pm

FreekShow wrote:Flying in now and Olly's Villa tip is looking good!
*Doffs cap*
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:20 pm

Very happy with the 2-2 draw today considering we had 4 (potentially 5) starters missing in Bassong, Fer, Snodgrass, Pilkington and Hooper.

Very entertaining game.

Thought Everton looked really good actually, very threatening going forward, although a little shaky at the back. Barkley's goal was brilliant, and so was he today. Looked very promising for them indeed.

As for us was much improved on last season's displays. Thought we showed more cutting edge for sure, and Van Wolfswinkel played well, took his header superbly. We were shaky at the back, which is a worry and shows why we need Bassong back asap. Redmond played well, needs to release it earlier sometimes tho. Whittaker was my MOTM

Good start to the season, point against what looked a good side in Everton, with a much weakened side out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:24 pm

Welbeck instead of Benteke isn't an absurd view especially if you're a United fan, we don't need another top class goalscorer alongside Van Persie we need someone who will work hard for the team and link up well. These are two aspects of Welbecks game that are very good, we also have a Mexican magician waiting in the wings who can come on and score vital goals.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm

I think this sums up Mr Rooney's happiness at United

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 BR5DNx-CQAA_m_w

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:34 pm

To be fair, Rooney got hit late on his ankle and was on the floor when passing to Welbeck. I'm assuming this is moments after that tackle wasn't it? Rooney's going nowhere, fed up of the story, in fact all the 'apparent' big moves that aren't going to happen this summer. Move on.

It's Wenger's moment now......

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

If this isn't a wake up call to whoever is in charge of signing players at Arsenal, then I don't know what it will take.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:41 pm

Cardiff enter the Premier League with a BANG...

Oh wait only one shot on target which took 80 minutes to happen...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:45 pm

Olly wrote:Very happy with the 2-2 draw today considering we had 4 (potentially 5) starters missing in Bassong, Fer, Snodgrass, Pilkington and Hooper.

Very entertaining game.

Thought Everton looked really good actually, very threatening going forward, although a little shaky at the back. Barkley's goal was brilliant, and so was he today. Looked very promising for them indeed.

As for us was much improved on last season's displays. Thought we showed more cutting edge for sure, and Van Wolfswinkel played well, took his header superbly. We were shaky at the back, which is a worry and shows why we need Bassong back asap. Redmond played well, needs to release it earlier sometimes tho. Whittaker was my MOTM

Good start to the season, point against what looked a good side in Everton, with a much weakened side out
haha Whittaker MOTM, just a nice ring to it

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:47 pm

Wenger wants quality, instead of numbers. Well, if he wanted quality, he should of signed the quality players available back in July. They've basically been all bought and sold on now. Also, his delusional belief in his side, means he only wanted one marquee signing and not a number of signings that the team actually needed. Everyone knows the predicament Arsenal are now in and the money at their disposal, therefore whoever they bid for now, there asking price will be significantly increased because of the desperate situation Arsenal find themselves in.

I don't think he can win or turn this around now. As I said before, the ship might have already set sail, on this season being a failure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:50 pm

Stewart Robson wrote:Wenger wants quality, instead of numbers. Well, if he wanted quality, he should of signed the quality players available back in July. They've basically been all bought and sold on now. Also, his delusional belief in his side, means he only wanted one marquee signing and not a number of signings that the team actually needed. Everyone knows the predicament Arsenal are now in and the money at their disposal, therefore whoever they bid for now, there asking price will be significantly increased because of the desperate situation Arsenal find themselves in.

I don't think he can win or turn this around now. As I said before, the ship might have already set sail, on this season being a failure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:55 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:
Olly wrote:Very happy with the 2-2 draw today considering we had 4 (potentially 5) starters missing in Bassong, Fer, Snodgrass, Pilkington and Hooper.

Very entertaining game.

haha Whittaker MOTM, just a nice ring to it
He was actually amazing today haha. He was doing stepovers and taking on people left, right and centre. The Scottish Dani Alves Laugh 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:57 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Stewart Robson wrote:Wenger wants quality, instead of numbers. Well, if he wanted quality, he should of signed the quality players available back in July. They've basically been all bought and sold on now. Also, his delusional belief in his side, means he only wanted one marquee signing and not a number of signings that the team actually needed. Everyone knows the predicament Arsenal are now in and the money at their disposal, therefore whoever they bid for now, there asking price will be significantly increased because of the desperate situation Arsenal find themselves in.

I'm his ghost writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm

FreekShow wrote:

Laugh  That's harsh bro' 

With the fact he now has to sign people it'll start falling into place sooner rather then later OK 

Also that picture was apparently after RVP's 2nd not when he got clattered.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm

Only messing John. It's impossible for anybody to be as critical towards Arsenal as Mr Robson is. I genuinely think he hates Wenger with a passion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:07 pm

I fancied Villa today for some reason. I think they could be in for a decent year if Agbonlahor can stay fit. Him and Benteke could be a pretty could partnership.

Over the moon with the win over Swansea. Never expected that scoreline but thought we played alright. Van Persie with two unreal goals and welbeck's last was just superb skill. Really think we need a lb now after Evra's performance. His positioning is horrendous sometimes!! if Coentrao is indeed available, we should be straight in there. Quality LB but can also play midfield.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:22 pm

Baines Baines Baines Baines Baines. He's so so good. Quality again today, swear he never stops running up and down that flank
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:28 pm

i know its only the first game.

But look out for us this season as the dark horses for top 6.
think we'll have a very good season.

(sorry freek, not drunk for a saturday night special).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:33 pm

westisbest wrote:i know its only the first game.

But look out for us this season as the dark horses for top 6.
think we'll have a very good season.

(sorry freek, not drunk for a saturday night special).
thumbsup 

Could be a few upsets this season Westy. Good luck to ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:43 pm

BBC failure of the editing team in the United line up Laugh Laugh Laugh 

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 Img_0512

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:43 pm

Someone at MOTD has had a few too many lemonades........

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 BR5p1oaCEAIKLxC

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:44 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh 

I'm not the only one who noticed!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:45 pm

It's all over twitter Bull.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:46 pm

CFCNick wrote:Someone at MOTD has had a few too many lemonades........

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 BR5p1oaCEAIKLxC
Who the hell are they? Laugh

Has Danny Murphy retired?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:49 pm

And Jenkinson...... Doh Laugh 

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 5 BR5s_JRCQAI2s2T

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:54 pm

Koscielny's been a bit unlucky today!! Two very debatable yellow cards.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:55 pm

Koscielny been mugged by that ref

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:55 pm

Whats the twitter feed to it CFC?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:58 pm

It's just random people posting pictures of their tv Bull. Not a particular account.

The United one I posted was someone elses. Arsenal one is mine.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:01 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Koscielny's been a bit unlucky today!!  Two very debatable yellow cards.
Didn't think the second one was a pen myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:11 pm

FreekShow wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Koscielny's been a bit unlucky today!!  Two very debatable yellow cards.
Didn't think the second one was a pen myself.
Me neither. He got the ball about a fraction before he got the man, or so I think.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:16 pm

Did Shearer just say you can't call the Wolf the Wolf?

Olly, kill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:02 am

First Villa one was a pen, second one is 50/50. If Koscielny is sent off, Vlaar must be also.

The Wolf will always be The Wolf Freeky!!

Top 6 is pushing it Westy, Top 10 is certainly attainable. You've got one of the finest young managers in the game at your helm
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:05 am

how does the so'ton manager give team talks and stuff if he needs a interpreter for press interviews

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:08 am

Also Cardiff look on paper to me like they are really really gonna struggle to score this season. I don't see great deals of attacking quality or creativity in their side, and if this Danish kid doesn't come off, it could get ugly quick for Malky.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:20 am

Exactly what I've been saying Olly.

Just saw the two Villa penalties, think the first one is definite, the second one in hindsight is not a penalty but if you look at the view from the referee it looks like Koscielny brings him down, it's up to the linesman to see that in my opinion.

The Koscielny red card is also an easy one to criticise but on first viewing it really does look like Koscienly takes Weimann out.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:21 am

In fact, seeing the slow replay on Match of the Day (bit behind) the second penalty is a perfect decision. Also think Vlaar should have been sent off really.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:38 am

I think the ref gets lucky on the second pen as I dont think he sees what MOTD slow down and show us. I also think he makes a huge mistake on the Koscielny second yellow, and that Vlaar's is far more of a foul and he doesnt punish it. 

Cardiff were blunt the whole game. Frazier Campbell isnt going to scare any defenders at this level. Kim and Bellamy showed brains on the counter but no real quality, which I think is because the striker ahead of them offered nothing. Cornelius needs to be good. Maynard at least showed something in and around the box, he may score goals if hes in and around the big man but Cardiff wont dare use two up top.

The chairman says they will spend at least another £7m I think, hard to know where needs it most. Probably full backs.

Ross Barkley today heart vindicating me telling all my friends for a couple years now that he will prove England can produce exciting and special talent. Surely big clubs will soon be circling.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:41 am

Yeah, don't think Demel is anywhere near good enough of a right back for West Ham.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:52 am

Means the Cardiff chairman Crimes.

West Ham have the almighty Joey O'Brien. Hero.

Seriously impressed by Barkley. Not only strong and powerful with his running, he gets in good positions and his touch is great. Two footed as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:57 am

West Ham keep making me money like they've done today/yesterday/saturday/the day before now then they will soon become my second team.

Evens n all. Printing money.

Couple that bet with both teams to score in the Nodge game and guess who's buying himself a new pair of pants in the morning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next