The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact????

+21
Standulstermen
beshocked
LondonTiger
Rugby Fan
Casartelli
Comfort
gelodge
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
ScarletSpiderman
thebandwagonsociety
Cyril
Portnoy's Complaint
Toohey
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
HammerofThunor
doctor_grey
Frankston
BigTrevsbigmac
ChequeredJersey
maestegmafia
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact???? - Page 3 Empty Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact????

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

ChequeredJersey wrote:Manoa doesn't play for the USA because he has an understanding with Saints not to, I believe. Many players from smaller national teams have a similar arrangement

Last edited by maestegmafia on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact????

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

A doctor living in the posh town of Market Harborough? Never. Between MH and Kibworth you probably have a fair portion of the squad. Houses are still cheaper there than down in London.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Northampton Saints refused to let Samu Manoa play international rugby in his contract... Is this fact????

Post by doctor_grey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:41 am

That's only because we are racing to get back to Northamptonshire, The Rose of the Shires. Besides, we only bend the occasional law...............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:55 am

The rose of the shires? That's a new one on me doc. I know a few Saints fans who have have moved into the North of Leicestershire recently. Obviously the exodus from the 'rose of the shires' isn't just an issue for the South of Leicestershire these days. Every rose has It's thorns and all that I suppose.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 1:03 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:The rose of the shires? That's a new one on me doc.
Feckin-A, Bubba.  Not just The Rose of the Shires, rather THE Rose of the Shires.  Haven't you ever crossed the border, gone through Leicester customs/emigration and read the signs? I think the signs are on most roads leading into the Shire. On the A508 and M1 for sure.
There are obviously greater educational lapses here than the so-called Unon of 1543 or wahtever.  
That's not important, THE Rose of the Shires is.  Everyone should know the history of Northamptonshire:    
http://www.jwjonline.net/northampton.php

In fact, if Paramus, New Jersey was in England, it would obviously be in THE Rose of the Shires.  

Which brings me to the thought that Northampton and Nortoamptonshire are getting a bad rap hereabouts.  
So, 2 new campaigns:  
Justice 4 Northamptonshire and Justice 4 Saints
Please go on-line and make your donations at:
www.Justice4Northamptonshire.co.uk
or
www.LeicesterAreOverTheCap.criminal
or
www.ManoaLovesSaints.gov.uk
or
through a link on the Paramus, New Jersey website

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm

doctor_grey wrote: I think the signs are on most roads leading into the Shire.  
I knew Northamptonshire was full of hobbits

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:53 pm

I normally put my foot down when leaving Leicestershire, no reason to slow down until past Northampton and Milton Keynes. Last time I went to anything in Northamptonshire was when I took the wife to the Silverstone half marathon (bloody traffic was awful), that was dull and a poor relation to Donnington Park. ;-p

www.SaintsareThugs.co.uk is a more appropriate link.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:34 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:I normally put my foot down when leaving Leicestershire, no reason to slow down until past Northampton and Milton Keynes. .
I understand.  Someone might notice where you come from and think you are over the cap, too.  
I must admit, to be fair, Milton Keynes is rather boring.  And I understand that some people don't think Northampton is the world's most beautiful city....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:46 am

doctor_grey wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:I normally put my foot down when leaving Leicestershire, no reason to slow down until past Northampton and Milton Keynes. .
I understand.  Someone might notice where you come from and think you are over the cap, too.  
I must admit, to be fair, Milton Keynes is rather boring.  And I understand that some people don't think Northampton is the world's most beautiful city....
Isn't MK in bucks?

Anyway if the council had adopted my proposal, MK would have been far more exciting. There are so many roundabouts, that the suspension on cars gets out of whack - so to resolve this, on even days we should drive the other way round them.

PS for any one with kids (or if you have not developed the ex-players gut) google the Big Rock Climbing Centre in MK. They were great with my youngest, and after all her traumas at the end of last year it was quite emotional to see her reach the top of the biggest wall.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz75 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:07 pm

Oh yeah here it is

Baz75

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:35 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:The rose of the shires? That's a new one on me doc.
Feckin-A, Bubba.  Not just The Rose of the Shires, rather THE Rose of the Shires.  Haven't you ever crossed the border, gone through Leicester customs/emigration and read the signs?  I think the signs are on most roads leading into the Shire.  On the A508 and M1 for sure.
There are obviously greater educational lapses here than the so-called Unon of 1543 or wahtever.  
That's not important, THE Rose of the Shires is.  Everyone should know the history of Northamptonshire:    
http://www.jwjonline.net/northampton.php

In fact, if Paramus, New Jersey was in England, it would obviously be in THE Rose of the Shires.  

Which brings me to the thought that Northampton and Nortoamptonshire are getting a bad rap hereabouts.  
So, 2 new campaigns:  
Justice 4 Northamptonshire and Justice 4 Saints
Please go on-line and make your donations at:
www.Justice4Northamptonshire.co.uk
or
www.LeicesterAreOverTheCap.criminal
or
www.ManoaLovesSaints.gov.uk
or
through a link on the Paramus, New Jersey website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNUZIWce3cE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xKjGqefH7U

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3