The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley....

+8
OasisBFC
Rowley
milkyboy
shenglongreturns
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
mobilemaster8
Pedro147
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
12 posters

Go down

Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley.... Empty Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley....

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:22 am

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8869430/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Boxing

Anthony Mundine is too fight SSM.

So who could Khan possiblely face now on 7th Dec.

Thoughts on both points lads?

Cheers

Deebo!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley.... Empty Re: Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley....

Post by Pedro147 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:40 am

I think Khan will fight Alexander by the sounds of it. Khan trying to have fight in Dubai but Alexander wants it in US. I say they'll have it in the US and Khan will be gifted a title shot that he doesn't deserve.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley.... Empty Re: Khan is NOT to fight Shane Mosley....

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:32 am

And then Khan will probably get knocked out....on the flip side, i hate Alexander and Cunningham so hopefully Khan does the business and out punches him to an easy UD. Although Khan keeps banging on about his power at Welter so he could stop Devon.

you never know with Amir!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:47 am

Don't see the appeal of Dubai, why is Khan pushing so hard for it, the audience for it will be in the US. It's not like he is a huge draw so won't get a legion of fans travelling

Either way I find it hard to pick khan against any very good/world class fighter now. He has got 2 wins recently but against pretty dire opposition and Diaz almost beat him

Alexander should be tailor made for Khan but i think he will be a lot more aggressive as khan isn't much of a puncher and while neither is Devon he can punch pretty hard and looks a lot stronger at welter. He will know khan is fragile and that he has been in a lot of wars so will probably favour himself if they go punch for punch as Matthysse is the only fighter who has ever hurt him and Khan is no matthysse

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:54 am

Still got this feeling that if Brook gets past Senchencko that the Brook v Khan fight could be made....

Anyone else think this domestic showdown could be in December instead of the big title showdown, as Amir looks to move up the weights?

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:14 am

If it is khan v Alexander, i wouldn't say its another gifted title shot. Its not like he's a random contender. You can argue he's done nothing since the loss to Garcia, but you can also say that he is a big name who's fought successfully at a high level and lost just a contentious decision to a drug cheat and a bolt from the blue ko to Garcia in 5 years. Ie it's a bit early to be writing him off.

Having said that, I quite rate Alexander but I'd have said a year ago he was made for khan. After amir's recent performances, he has the look of a man who's a busted flush. Hope not, if khan is back to something like his best, this would be a good fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

Does anyone see any great leaps forwards in Khan’s technique or ability since joining Hunter? I personally am not convinced there has been much in the way of development. Can see he is trying to be a bit less gung ho but is still getting clipped with silly shots and still does not really look to have the first clue what to do when it happens. For this reason alone I would perhaps make him an outsider should the Alexander fight happen.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

Rowley wrote:Does anyone see any great leaps forwards in Khan’s technique or ability since joining Hunter? I personally am not convinced there has been much in the way of development. Can see he is trying to be a bit less gung ho but is still getting clipped with silly shots and still does not really look to have the first clue what to do when it happens. For this reason alone I would perhaps make him an outsider should the Alexander fight happen.
there's an argument that it will make him less effective as a fighter. his main asset is his speed and attacks. if he reigns that in and doesn't improve his defence which i don't think he will do dramatically he becomes less dangerous.

that said, if he keeps his aggressiveness and then more carefully chooses when to execute it without being tagged by silly shots he could really be a threat to most fighters.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Don't see the appeal of Dubai, why is Khan pushing so hard for it, the audience for it will be in the US. It's not like he is a huge draw so won't get a legion of fans travelling

I understand it is on the strength of Khan's muslim following out there - sure I read on BBC or SSN that that was why he was interested in fighting out there. Plus everyone is wedged, so you could charge through the nose and make it pretty lucrative even with lower numbers than he'd get in the UK.

That said, still think it'll go to the US. And, as always, Khan definitely has the skill and ability to box to a UD. Whether that'll actually happen or not I've no idea.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:48 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Don't see the appeal of Dubai, why is Khan pushing so hard for it, the audience for it will be in the US. It's not like he is a huge draw so won't get a legion of fans travelling

I understand it is on the strength of Khan's muslim following out there - sure I read on BBC or SSN that that was why he was interested in fighting out there.  Plus everyone is wedged, so you could charge through the nose and make it pretty lucrative even with lower numbers than he'd get in the UK.

That said, still think it'll go to the US.  And, as always, Khan definitely has the skill and ability to box to a UD.  Whether that'll actually happen or not I've no idea.....
exactly. they'll make it into a lavish event and i don't think they have to worry about selling tickets over there. especially if khan is fighting an known name like alexander.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:09 am

Khan has had his best days IMO,his chin wasn't that clever at light welter so when a full blown welter hits him he'll hit the canvas.
Khan should be made to fight an eliminator for the welter title rarher than having it gifted to him.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:12 am

Khan fights Alexander, beats him, defends against Brook, loses and Brook fights Mayweather.

Naz comes out of retirement and calls out Mayweather who refuses to jump up to LH for the bout.

This could physically happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:14 am

They also have a massive military base out in Dubai and Minad (just outside) with the RAF and Navy (i served for 6 years from 05-11) so would be great if our lads on tour got to see the fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:14 am

Find it hard to believe a fighter can be 'finished' at 26.

Tyson being an obvious example, but don't think that's the fairest example.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:15 am

When Mundine beats Mosley, will he physically call out Amir?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:43 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Find it hard to believe a fighter can be 'finished' at 26.

Depends how you define finished but there's quite a few on the slide by then toppy. Sometimes, they might have had long amateur careers, some turned pro really early, some never recover ftom a bad ko/beating. Some just have Norman whiteside syndrome (25 going on 40).

Benitez maybe the most famous example. Curry was only 26 when he lost to honeyghan I think, Taylor 23/24 when he lost to Chavez.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:49 am

Come on, Whiteside suffered a career ending injury didn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

I thought his knees just gave up?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Khan fights Alexander, beats him, defends against Brook, loses and Brook fights Mayweather.

Dave667: Do you not think though that Brook will fight Khan?

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm

His knees gave up because they were a 40 year old 's knees. Look at the guy. He looked 30 at 17.

Whichever, there's a great variation in the ages people reach physical maturity. Pedants!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:18 pm

I'm sure Hunter knows what he's doing but until Khan learns to keep his right hand tucked to his chin when he jabs rather than letting it drop he's going to get sparked.

Devon isn't a known power puncher but I can't see anything other than an Alexander KO via left hook.

Last edited by KingMonkey on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Wilfred Benitez great fighter shot by about 26 3 weight champion.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:54 pm

It's not so much as his age in years, but the the fights he had within those years, he been a pro for 9 years, had some proper wars, two KO losses, and that can add up. If he loses I hope that he hangs them up- he's had an excellent career, won an olmpic medal, two world titles, and was 'the man' at LWW for a short time, and that's more than most fighter from these shores achieve.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down