The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test

+52
Hound of Harrow
ME-109
gavstar
Norfolklass
kiakahaaotearoa
brennomac
MrsP
Effervescing Elephant
Cari
GloriousEmpire
The Great Aukster
asoreleftshoulder
Submachine
Casartelli
BigTrevsbigmac
Artful_Dodger
Taffineastbourne
slane
Ifandorbut
maestegmafia
rainbow-warrior
HammerofThunor
Knowsit17
Taylorman
The Boss
BuzzScarlet
Jenifer McLadyboy
GunsGerms
wolfball
Jhamer25
profitius
Luckless Pedestrian
Rory_Gallagher
Breadvan
theslosty
beshocked
Biltong
XR
rodders
Notch
yappysnap
No 7&1/2
Geordie
jimmyinthewell68
The Saint
GoodinTightSpaces
Cyril
Sin é
aucklandlaurie
Comfort
funnyExiledScot
munkian
56 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test Empty Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test

The Scarlets and Wales centre was one of the standout performers during the 2-1 series success over the Wallabies and was given the vote to play alongside countryman Jamie Roberts in Sydney.

Coach Warren Gatland’s selection, which included nine Welshmen in the starting XV, gave rise to some serious criticism from the likes of Lions’ great Willie John McBride and former Ireland and Lions hooker Keith Wood.

The opposition to Gatland’s decision – particularly in relation to O’Driscoll – became further inflamed on Twitter, where a handful of supporters posted threatening messages towards Davies.

Davies said: “There was a lot of stuff on Twitter but I tried not to take too much notice of it. I had some good advice from players like Mike Phillips who just told me to ignore it.

“I was just grateful to have been given the opportunity to win the series. I did get a bit of verbal abuse and people wanting to break my legs and stuff. But I didn’t really care.

“I did feel like public enemy number one and there was a lot of pressure. But I felt like I had performed well under pressure.

“It was a great experience and I enjoyed every minute. Brian congratulated me afterwards and said well done. We were tight as a squad and Brian will be glad to have it on his CV.”

Davies will now turn his attention to helping the Scarlets re-establish themselves as a force in European club rugby.

“I have had six weeks offf and I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve been away on holiday and can’t wait to get back playing.”

Pretty disgusting stuff, rugby becoming more popular is attracting football like behaviour
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test Empty Re: Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:45 am

Keith Wood really was a busy bee during the Lions tour!

Seriously though, that is appaulling. I'd like to think those involved would be ashamed of themselves, particularly after Gatland's decision to ditch BOD was comprehensively vindicated, but I suspect people who can post such bile are incapable of sense, in much the same way that Keith Wood has severely damaged his already shaky credibility as a pundit by failing to admit his poor judgment.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but two things are important: (a) the manner in which you express them, and (b) the ability to admit when ones opinions have been proven wrong.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test Empty Re: Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test

Post by Comfort Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:57 am

I just have this image of Keith Wood sat in a dark corner of a dark room surrounded by BOD memorabilia just frantically bashing away at his keyboard, creating twitter profiles and mumbling 'I'm not crazy, I was right, BOD IS GOD, BOD IS GOD, BOD IS GOD" over and over and over, sweating profusely, the beads of sweat reflecting the gleaming light from the single television replaying BOD's international debut against france....

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:58 am

Wasnt this in the news a couple of months ago, or is this a fresh incident?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Keith Wood really was a busy bee during the Lions tour!

Seriously though, that is appaulling. I'd like to think those involved would be ashamed of themselves, particularly after Gatland's decision to ditch BOD was comprehensively vindicated, but I suspect people who can post such bile are incapable of sense, in much the same way that Keith Wood has severely damaged his already shaky credibility as a pundit by failing to admit his poor judgment.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but two things are important: (a) the manner in which you express them, and (b) the ability to admit when ones opinions have been proven wrong.
1) The Welsh set the precendent with their threatening behaviour to Alain Roland. He got death threats.

2) Gatland's decision has not been vindicated. It was totally disrespectful to a player and as we now know, beating Australia wasn't really much of an achievement anyway. Going the route Gatland choose leads to a lowering of the standards of respect for professional rugby players.

And is Davies an ediot - does he really think that it means much to Brian O'Driscoll that he can put a Lions Series win on his cv? Rolling Eyes 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:00 am

munkian wrote:Pretty disgusting stuff, rugby becoming more popular is attracting football like behaviour
I don't think anything has changed, I just think social media (especially Twitter) makes this kind of thing easier for your average numpty.

I don't know why players bother with Twitter. They either get this kind of problem or make an idiot of themselves on it.

This does seem like very old news now.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:09 am

Sin é wrote:

1) The Welsh set the precendent with their threatening behaviour to Alain Roland. He got death threats.

2) Gatland's decision has not been vindicated. It was totally disrespectful to a player and as we now know, beating Australia wasn't really much of an achievement anyway. Going the route Gatland choose leads to a lowering of the standards of respect for professional rugby players.

And is Davies an ediot - does he really think that it means much to Brian O'Driscoll that he can put a Lions Series win on his cv? Rolling Eyes 

1) So its fine to do it because someone else did ? Rubbish

2) Dropping a rugby player is disrespectful ? Rubbish again. He won a Lions series, thats surely the important thing. A scratch team went on tour and beat a SH team in the top 3 rankings. That is an achievement. BOD finally got a Lions series win on his CV -a long with what, a few Heino cups and one Six Nations Grandslam ? People seem to forget it was Gatland that gave O'Driscol his international debut

3) Yeah, JD2 is an idiot, what a complete loser Whistle

Last edited by munkian on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:10 am

regardless of the anyones feelings as to whether BOD should have started or not JD2 should not have been subject to abuse.

The decision was not his to make whether he played or not.

would anyone here drop themselves if they were picked to play in a match if outside influences thought someone else should start. i know i wouldnt.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:16 am

Sin é wrote:

He the f*ck did we set the precedent? That has absolutely nothing to do with this, and Rolland was not the first RWC ref to receive death threats anyway.

Disrespectful? If your form indicates that you can't keep your place then you don't. It is as simple as that.

Davies is a quality player that slices through Ireland's backs like they were butter. BOD needs to hang up his boots and move on. The 'golden generation' is finished. Come on Sin E just admit it was you, Rodders and the rest of your cronies sending the death threats.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:16 am

Comfort wrote:I just have this image of Keith Wood sat in a dark corner of a dark room surrounded by BOD memorabilia just frantically bashing away at his keyboard, creating twitter profiles and mumbling 'I'm not crazy, I was right, BOD IS GOD, BOD IS GOD, BOD IS GOD" over and over and over, sweating profusely, the beads of sweat reflecting the gleaming light from the single television replaying BOD's international debut against france....
Keith woods bashing away over Bod . glad you said keyboard because that's one image i dont want in my mind . you always get faceless trolls on twitter . people typing I wish your baby died to celebraty mums . scum absolute scum . JD played a corker and done himself proud . i bet the ones who threaten to break his legs wouldn't face him and say that

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:17 am

Comfort wrote:I just have this image of Keith Wood sat in a dark corner of a dark room surrounded by BOD memorabilia just frantically bashing away at his keyboard, creating twitter profiles and mumbling 'I'm not crazy, I was right, BOD IS GOD, BOD IS GOD, BOD IS GOD" over and over and over, sweating profusely, the beads of sweat reflecting the gleaming light from the single television replaying BOD's international debut against france....
This is gold Smile.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:18 am

Sin é wrote:

I disagree with absolutely everything you've said there. I can only hope you're joking, for your sake.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:19 am

munkian wrote:

2) Dropping a rugby player is disrespectful ? Rubbish again. He won a Lions series, thats surely the important thing. A scratch team went on tour and beat a SH team in the top 3 rankings. That is an achievement. BOD finally got a Lions series win on his CV -a long with what, a few Heino cups and one Six Nations Grandslam ? People seem to forget it was Gatland that gave O'Driscol his international debut

What did you expect from the bitter Irish? They even claimed that Bradley Davies deserved to be on the end of Hore's cowardly assault because he put in a big clearout on one of their boys.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:23 am

Not all Irish are bitter, my mrs is from Dublin and is sick of people fawning over BOD, she was suprised he even made the tour.

No one is 'owed' a place on the Lions tour let alone a nailed on test spot - you earn it and BOD didn't fit into the winning game plan.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:25 am

munkian, you really have started a war again here.

Just when things had calmed down again too.

Oh dear Sad

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:29 am

No one is 'owed' a place on the Lions tour let alone a nailed on test spot - you earn it and
Thats the truth...but also why Gatlands selections was a double edged sword.

He selected a squad with a large number of Welsh Players...and being the top home nation team that was fair enough.

This also meant it wasnt as scratch a side as it usually may be. This also resulted in some players being picked who maybe hadnt quite earned their spot. Lydiate for example. Top player, integral to Wales...but his injuries and form didnt necesarily warrant selection. He hadnt earned it over someone like Kelly Brown who was on fire....

Corbs was in the same boat, but wasnt selected.

Anyway it doesnt matter we won the series...and Davies abuse is bang out of order...

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:29 am

You wan't a war ? I'LL GIVE YOU A WAR !!! *

*I won't.

Just posting news (from the Telegraph old bean) interesting to see people's true colours.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:32 am

Irish and Bod looked good first half against Wales in six nations . need New blood now tho in the AI . world cup only two years away

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

munkian wrote:
Sin é wrote:

1. No its not fine. But the Welsh in particular have gone down the route of disrespecting players and officials, so quit moaning about it now that you have got a dose of it yourselves.

2. In the manner it was done, yes it was disrespectful. It would be fairly meaningless to achievers like BOD & Paul O'Connell to bandwagon onto that win. Paul O'Connell doesn't seem too chuffed about it - said he nearly missed the bus to go to the final test because he was out for lunch with friends and nearly forgot about it.

Em, yea. Gatland gave BOD his international debut. That was really kind of him to do that - most other coaches wouldn't have him near the team ? Headscratch 

3. The intellegent thing for Davies to do is keep his mouth shut about it and stop looking for sympathy. It makes him look like he knows that there is something not quite right about why he started ahead of O'Driscoll.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:38 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:Irish and Bod looked good first half against Wales in six nations . need New blood now tho in the AI    . world cup only two years away
They did, but we were shoite. I watched it in a pub in Dublin, at half time the Irish boys were rubbing it in but said that they won't write Wales off, if any team can come back it was us. We did, but not enough, scared them a little though Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:39 am

Sin é wrote:
munkian wrote:
Sin é wrote:

1. No its not fine. But the Welsh in particular have gone down the route of disrespecting players and officials, so quit moaning about it now that you have got a dose of it yourselves.

2. In the manner it was done, yes it was disrespectful. It would be fairly meaningless to achievers like BOD & Paul O'Connell to bandwagon onto that win. Paul O'Connell doesn't seem too chuffed about it - said he nearly missed the bus to go to the final test because he was out for lunch with friends and nearly forgot about it.

Em, yea. Gatland gave BOD his international debut. That was really kind of him to do that - most other coaches wouldn't have him near the team ? Headscratch 

3. The intellegent thing for Davies to do is keep his mouth shut about it and stop looking for sympathy. It makes him look like he knows that there is something not quite right about why he started ahead of O'Driscoll.

oh dear!!!!!

O'Connell nearly missed the bus??? where did you pull that one.

Think you should take the advice you gave in point three

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

Sin é wrote: 1. No its not fine. But the Welsh in particular have gone down the route of disrespecting players and officials, so quit moaning about it now that you have got a dose of it yourselves.

I cant quite decide if these are genuine posts or an attempt at veiled humour....

..maybe its the same problem Keith Woods' had, he's actually just a very good wum. notworthy

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:44 am

FGS, it's only a game. People who think it's clever/funny/ remotely a good idea to do this sort of thing really do need to be locked up.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:46 am

munkian wrote:Just posting news (from the Telegraph old bean) interesting to see people's true colours.
Yes, including your own.

I imagine you used to stand in the playground shouting 'FIGHT!' Laugh

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:47 am

1. Oh I see, I forgot we were the Millwall of rugby, the Irish are always so curteous and respectful of authority aren't they ?

2. The manner it was done ? Should he have gone down on bended knee ? Dothed his cap to the crown prince of Irish centres ? (huge bunch of them that there are)

3. Yeah, how dare he mention he was subject to abuse by Irish 'fans', any sympathy should of course go to the down trodden Fenian Brotherhood of wronged Irish centres, lucky you're not the kind to have a chip on your shoulder about it

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:47 am

Comfort wrote:
Sin é wrote: 1. No its not fine. But the Welsh in particular have gone down the route of disrespecting players and officials, so quit moaning about it now that you have got a dose of it yourselves.

I cant quite decide if these are genuine posts or an attempt at veiled humour....

..maybe its the same problem Keith Woods' had, he's actually just a very good wum. notworthy
Whats humourous about any of those points - the suggestion that BOD should be grateful to Gatland for giving him his first start is quite funny though!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:50 am

Sin é wrote:
Comfort wrote:

Whats humourous about any of those points - the suggestion that BOD should be grateful to Gatland for giving him his first start is quite funny though!
I didn't say he should personally be greatful, but its something people easily forget when they make out he has some kind of personal vendetta against him.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:50 am

Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Just posting news (from the Telegraph old bean) interesting to see people's true colours.
Yes, including your own.

I imagine you used to stand in the playground shouting 'FIGHT!' Laugh
I was the one getting beaten up censored 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:51 am

Twitter is full of numpties shock horror!

Why is this being reported now? The Lions is nearly 6 weeks old and Davies proved his selection was the correct call.

As a well known personality he'll always attract trolls, he say's himself that it doesn't bother him. I don't see why this is worth reporting to be honest...

Slow news day I guess.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:53 am

Jeez Sin e the reality of the matter is that Brian O'Driscoll is over the hill and has been for sometime.

Gatland was trying to win a test series.

And if Paul O'Connell nearly missed the bus to the game then it shows what kind of a team player he is.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:56 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: Jeez Sin e the reality of the matter is that Brian O'Driscoll is over the hill and has been for sometime.

And if Paul O'Connell nearly missed the bus to the game then it shows what kind of a team player he is.
not sure where that POC story is coming from does not sound like something he would do. think Sine plucked that one from the darkness of his rear end.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:56 am

munkian wrote:
I didn't say he should personally be greatful, but its something people easily forget when they make out he has some kind of personal vendetta against him.
Yea, he had no vendetta against Brian when he capped him at 20, 14 years ago Rolling Eyes 

He dropped him because he said he was upsetting his young Welsh players.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:58 am

munkian wrote:3. Yeah, how dare he mention he was subject to abuse by Irish 'fans', any sympathy should of course go to the down trodden Fenian Brotherhood of wronged Irish centres, lucky you're not the kind to have a chip on your shoulder about it

Wow Shocked

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:59 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: Jeez Sin e the reality of the matter is that Brian O'Driscoll is over the hill and has been for sometime.

not sure where that POC story is coming from does not sound like something he would do. think Sine plucked that one from the darkness of his rear end.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:01 am

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

No, it doesn't sound like something Paul O'Connell would do as he is the ultimate team player.

He said it on a radio interview when he came back from the tour. He was explaining the division that occurs when you are not involved and how 2 tour groups emerge.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

Sin é wrote:
Comfort wrote:

Ok, lets go:

1. Even taking the xenophobic shot aside, there's a difference between berating an official who made a call against your team, and a player who is playing for the team you're supposed to be supporting. If you cant differentiate those circumstances, well, picard says it best. picard 

2. It was not disrespectful, BOD was dropped because Jamie Roberts became fit again and there had been no attacking intention from the centres up until this point. BOD was playing ok, better was needed, and provided when the 2 welsh centres played together. Dropping a player for someone who comes in to form a better combination is not disrespectful, BOD is just a rugby player like any other, he doesnt deserve anything more than any other when it comes to selection and gametime. If thats true, POC should be massively ashamed of himself, however, I would doubt the integrity of the story from its core.

3. JD2 was asked about it by the journalist and responded with glowing references to BOD himself and the players in the lions squad and said he tried to ignore it. How you can take anythign else from that I dont know, it probably says more about your mental state (and the finger pointing in the direction of paranoia) than anything else.

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test 1347041234

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

I was really looking forward to the start of the new rugby season. Gutted to wake up and see we've traveled back in time by six weeks.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:05 am

Sounds more like he (O'connell) threw his toys out of the cot.

Last edited by aucklandlaurie on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:05 am

Sin é wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

No, it doesn't sound like something Paul O'Connell would do as he is the ultimate team player.

He said it on a radio interview when he came back from the tour. He was explaining the division that occurs when you  are not involved and how 2 tour groups emerge.
anyone else on here listen to that interview????

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:05 am

Comfort wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Comfort wrote:

Ok, lets go:

1. Even taking the xenophobic shot aside, there's a difference between berating an official who made a call against your team, and a player who is playing for the team you're supposed to be supporting. If you cant differentiate those circumstances, well, picard says it best. picard 

2. It was not disrespectful, BOD was dropped because Jamie Roberts became fit again and there had been no attacking intention from the centres up until this point. BOD was playing ok, better was needed, and provided when the 2 welsh centres played together. Dropping a player for someone who comes in to form a better combination is not disrespectful, BOD is just a rugby player like any other, he doesnt deserve anything more than any other when it comes to selection and gametime. If thats true, POC should be massively ashamed of himself, however, I would doubt the integrity of the story from its core.

3. JD2 was asked about it by the journalist and responded with glowing references to BOD himself and the players in the lions squad and said he tried to ignore it. How you can take anythign else from that I dont know, it probably says more about your mental state (and the finger pointing in the direction of paranoia) than anything else.

Jonathan Davies victim of Twitter abuse and threats after displacing Brian O'Driscoll in Lions side for deciding Test 1347041234
+1. Sense at last.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:08 am

For someone over the hill, he was good enough to start 2 Tests. Gatland could have avoided a load of criticism (not just from the Irish) by keeping him in the matchday squad.

Gatland was making very hard work of winning the Test series. Picking a completely out of form Mike Phillips was making it difficult going. Davies was not the difference in the winning of the series.

The fact that Paul O'Connell nearly missed the bus shows how poor Gatland's management was at keeping the whole squad involved.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:15 am

Sin é wrote:

For someone over the hill, he was good enough to start 2 Tests. Gatland could have avoided a load of criticism (not just from the Irish) by keeping him in the matchday squad.

Gatland was making very hard work of winning the Test series. Picking a completely out of form Mike Phillips was making it difficult going. Davies was not the difference in the winning of the series.

The fact that Paul O'Connell nearly missed the bus shows how poor Gatland's management was at keeping the whole squad involved.

Once he dropped O'Driscoll the going seemed to be a lot easier. Perhaps Gatty would of been better off if he hadnt taken O'Driscoll away in the first place, but then again were all smarter with the benefit of hindsight.

Last edited by aucklandlaurie on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:15 am

Sin é wrote:The fact that Paul O'Connell nearly missed the bus shows how poor Gatland's management was at keeping the whole squad involved.
But POC was involved?? He played the first test and then got injured, so missed the 2nd and 3rd Test.

You really are clutching at straws. If POC, a former Lions captain, nearly missed the bus to the 3rd Test, then he should be absolutely and utterly ashamed of himself. As with other on here, I find it a hard story to believe given his record as a player.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

The Injured POC ?

The POC that Gatland wanted to stay on tour for his experience and respect from the squad ?

Yeah, I'm sure it was an intentional snub by Gatland Rolling Eyes 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:18 am

Sin é wrote: For someone over the hill, he was good enough to start 2 Tests. Gatland could have avoided a load of criticism (not just from the Irish) by keeping him in the matchday squad.

Davies was not the difference in the winning of the series.
The other centres were actually injured and only BOD/JD2 were fit for those tests.

The bit in bold just shows much of a fuss has been kicked up over nothing. Corbisiero,Hibbard,SOB and Halfpenny deserve the accolades in that last game. I actually think the 2 front row changes were what set the tone and were far more deserving of atttention than the BOD/JD2 debate.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:19 am

munkian wrote:
3. Yeah, how dare he mention he was subject to abuse by Irish 'fans', any sympathy should of course go to the down trodden Fenian Brotherhood of wronged Irish centres, lucky you're not the kind to have a chip on your shoulder about it

Ah hear now, I'm from the reformed fruit washing faith and I wasn't happy about it either angel .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

What's with all the bullsh#t irish sentiment? BOD is over the hill and his performances in the first 2 tests confirmed it. He gave away stupid penalties and even an interception in to the mix so he got dropped. Simple really. But BOD likes to play the victim, is he still talking about Tana Umaga and 2005? He likes a good whinge and it seems some of his supporters like Sin & keith wood do too.

Cuthbert had a mixed game in the first test but scored a try only to then drop to the bench for the 2nd test and then out of the squad altogether for the 3rd. I didn't see him coming out to the press whinging like a certain dropped centre

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

munkian wrote:The Injured POC ?

The POC that Gatland wanted to stay on tour for his experience and respect from the squad ?

Yeah, I'm sure it was an intentional snub by Gatland Rolling Eyes 
Thats what the public were told. POC had no involvement once he was injured. Looks like Gatland was trying to keep him around so that it wouldn't look like Wales on tour.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:28 am

rodders wrote:
munkian wrote:

Ah hear now, I'm from the reformed fruit washing faith and I wasn't happy about it either angel .
Well according to you, dropping BOD was Gatland getting one over on the IRFU. So maybe your feelings on the matter will be taken with a pinch of salt Chef.

Last edited by The Saint on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next