The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarke is just a Cry Baby

+6
kingraf
Dorothy_Mantooth
VTR
TRUSSMAN66
subhranshu.kumar.5
invisiblecoolers
10 posters

Go down

Clarke is just a Cry Baby Empty Clarke is just a Cry Baby

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 25 Aug - 19:39

Its such a shame from a captain who pretended to be brave and kept on time wasting when English were nearing the target and cried for the light, if he is that worried for a defeat why do a declaration? now if he gonna claim he was brave with that declaration and not worried about defeat I am gonna spit at that statement.

Sorry Clarke you are such a cry baby.thumbsdown 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Clarke is just a Cry Baby Empty Re: Clarke is just a Cry Baby

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sun 25 Aug - 21:13

invisiblecoolers wrote:Its such a shame from a captain who pretended to be brave and kept on time wasting when English were nearing the target and cried for the light, if he is that worried for a defeat why do a declaration? now if he gonna claim he was brave with that declaration and not worried about defeat I am gonna spit at that statement.

Sorry Clarke you are such a cry baby.thumbsdown 
I agree here for this frustration, but think bit different putting yourself on an Aussies side. He was knowing that Ashes is not his now. He just took one chance, and I do condemn the time wasting but at last no one wants a defeat. And thats all. So I will neither support him nor oppose him.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Aug - 21:20

Cry babies don't become great batsmen and Captains of their Country...

If any other Captain didn't try to salvage a draw from a losing position  they'd be useless in their job..........and not looking after their responsibilities...

Smith, Cook, Dhoni...........They'd all have done the same thing and If not they should be sacked..

Did you feel this way at cardiff four years ago when some idiot with a stupid beard kept bringing water bottles on for Panesar and Anderson???????????????????????????????

Just stop it...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 25 Aug - 21:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 25 Aug - 23:44

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cry babies don't become great batsmen and Captains of their Country...

If any other Captain didn't try to salvage a draw from a losing position  they'd be useless in their job..........and not looking after their responsibilities...

Smith, Cook, Dhoni...........They'd all have done the same thing and If not they should be sacked..

Did you feel this way at cardiff four years ago when some idiot with a stupid beard kept bringing water bottles on for Panesar and Anderson???????????????????????????????

Just stop it...
Yes Every captain use time wasting technique to halt a loss, but why do so called a sporting declaration then cry for the time when your team is losing? how can he be called a brave captain for this? he just panicked and didn't know what he is doing, the complete management behind Clarke panicked.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 26 Aug - 9:17

I don't blame Clarke for what he did but what does annoy me is the media drooling over the positive captaincy when really it wasn't that generous a declaration. Also that this "positivity" is used as a stick to beat Cook with (the captain of the 3-0 winning team)

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 26 Aug - 9:29

VTR wrote:I don't blame Clarke for what he did but what does annoy me is the media drooling over the positive captaincy when really it wasn't that generous a declaration. Also that this "positivity" is used as a stick to beat Cook with (the captain of the 3-0 winning team)
I thought it was a generous declaration. To be honest with only 40 overs to bowl England out, I would have said that there were only two probable results when England went out to bat, an England win or the draw.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 26 Aug - 19:39

I cant believe Im agreeing with Truss on a cricket forum... but he is right. If Clarke had done it vs South Africa, I would have been annoyed, yes, but I cant think of a good captain in history that wouldnt have done the same. Might as well criticize every batsman in history who has taken the light offered when their team was in trouble. Never in history has the fielding side been in charge of the light.

As for the captaincy issue, lets be honest, Clarke was streets ahead of Cook this Ashes. Only one team crossed the 400 threshold this Ashes, and its the one which started off with an aggregate average of about 310. Cook isnt a bad captain, but the fact is Clarke is the best captain in the world, and the 3-0 scoreline is a reflection of the disparity in quality between the batting line-ups and not captains.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 26 Aug - 20:59

I am no Australia fan or Clarke fan in particular. However, Clarke does deserve all the credit he's getting for making a game of it after England had given up on winning on day 2 itself. And he can't be blamed for trying to salvage a draw at the end either, he had risked a loss while going for the win, having seen it wasn't coming off, then he had to go for the next best outcome.
Think Clarke is the more flashy onfield captain, but overall, think Cook is much better, particularly in managing players. We know how Cook took the lead in getting Kevin Pietersen back into the England fold, and we know how Clarke delt with the likes of Simon Katich and Shane Watson.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 28 Aug - 11:45

Comparing Kevin Pietersen's re-intergration with Simon Katich's removal is comparing apples with Grilled chicken. The one sent texts to opposition which basically merely informed The South African players of his opinion re: Strauss, while the other throttled Michael Clarke. As for Watson, he just scored a century, and has missed one Test in Clarke's era, hardly a mismanagement, given that Clarke ceded to Watson's request to open...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Aug - 15:45

Pathetic article and typical English cricket gloating as to be expected

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 28 Aug - 15:51

Steffan wrote:Pathetic article and typical English cricket gloating as to be expected
Yep - England cricket fans are renowned for their gloating (Note: this is sarcasm)

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Aug - 15:56

Am gutted by the result but will have to deal with it I guess Laugh 

Get the Knighthood and MBEs ready though (plus SPOTY Team Award)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 28 Aug - 16:09

Steffan wrote:Am gutted by the result but will have to deal with it I guess Laugh 

Get the Knighthood and MBEs ready though (plus SPOTY Team Award)
Those mistakes won't happen again - the MBEs were way over the top and an embarrassment. SPOTY Team Award could well happen but more by default (I can't think of too many other contenders - Wales Rugby Union??)

These things go in cycles, England will not dominate the Ashes forever

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Aug - 16:29

Id think Wales should get the Team Award after 2 consecutive 6N and beating the Aussie on their own patch

I doubt Leigh Halfpenny will make the top 3 for SPOTY as rugby players rarely do but if an English cricketer got in ahead of him that would be totally wrong in my opinion

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 28 Aug - 16:35

Steffan wrote:Id think Wales should get the Team Award after 2 consecutive 6N and beating the Aussie on their own patch

I doubt Leigh Halfpenny will make the top 3 for SPOTY as rugby players rarely do but if an English cricketer got in ahead of him that would be totally wrong in my opinion
Andy Murray is certain to win it. Would expect the top 3 to be completed by Froome and Farah. Think Halfpenny might be in the top 10 - with the Grand Slam and Lions Tour win I think they have got to put a RU player in there, also bearing in mind RU is a BBC sport.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 28 Aug - 16:37

Steffan wrote:Id think Wales should get the Team Award after 2 consecutive 6N and beating the Aussie on their own patch

Can't remember them doing that for a few years. Headscratch 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 28 Aug - 20:11

kingraf wrote:Comparing Kevin Pietersen's re-intergration with Simon Katich's removal is comparing apples with Grilled chicken. The one sent texts to opposition which basically merely informed The South African players of his opinion re: Strauss, while the other throttled Michael Clarke. As for Watson, he just scored a century, and has missed one Test in Clarke's era, hardly a mismanagement, given that Clarke ceded to Watson's request to open...
Katich was Australia's most productive batsman in the last 2 years leading up to his removal. The altercation between him and Clarke happened during the Ponting era, on what seemed like Clarke prioritizing individual interests over team ones. Certainly couldn't have been the rational reason to remove Katich. And Clarke brought in his yes men like Phil Hughes to replace Katich, and we all know what happened don't we?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 29 Aug - 19:53

1) He was throttled, not hugged into submission. In the real world, thats assault buddy. Not sure why you think Katich doesnt deserve to be put out to pasture for that. You applaud Warner being sent away for punching Root, but think punching your teammate/ vice-captain/captain-in-waiting is perfectly acceptable? If Katich did that to Smith, I dont think the situation would have gone any differently.

2) Clarke kept a "cancerous" vice-captain as his deputy the entire time he was a selector. Some yes-man, huh?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 30 Aug - 13:32

kingraf wrote:1) He was throttled, not hugged into submission. In the real world, thats assault buddy. Not sure why you think Katich doesnt deserve to be put out to pasture for that. You applaud Warner being sent away for punching Root, but think punching your teammate/ vice-captain/captain-in-waiting is perfectly acceptable? If Katich did that to Smith, I dont think the situation would have gone any differently.

2) Clarke kept a "cancerous" vice-captain as his deputy the entire time he was a selector. Some yes-man, huh?
So why was action not taken against Katich right after the said incident happened? Why after almost 2 years? I'd call it is personal settling of scores.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 30 Aug - 13:40

Also heard that Clarke has been an absolute @rsehole to Hussey, when his son was ill, which caused the latter to retire.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down