The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer

4 posters

Go down

"I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer Empty "I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer

Post by hawkeye Wed 28 Aug 2013, 9:52 am

Federer was interviewed on court yesterday after his first round win over Zemilja. He said that he wished there was a slam held in his home country. I'm sure he does! Not that he needs the advantage. Ha ha! But would it have made a difference to his slam count if Switzerland held a slam? Or how would the slam count of top players be affected if Spain or Serbia hosted slams?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

"I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer Empty Re: "I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer

Post by lags72 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:29 am

Word on the street is that Scotland is under serious consideration for staging a Slam championship.

The idea is apparently fully supported by none other than Novak Djokovic, who visited recently and was very impressed with what he saw.

Am struggling to find a link just now, but all the evidence is that Djoko is very keen on spending more time in Scotland.

Ps. oh hang on ....... here goes
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/07/27/Wimbledon-Saturday-Djokovic-Visited-Dunblane.aspx

lags72

Back to top Go down

"I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer Empty Re: "I Wish A Slam Was Held In Switzerland" Said Federer

Post by hawkeye Wed 28 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

^ Ha ha! But Murray already has a home slam. Or are you trying to say he's not British?

I'm not sure Djokovic's girlfriend will be brave enough to visit again given the threat of "not being given a warm welcome" and what she said after the Wimbledon final. I've heard they're planning their next break in the Balearics...

I thought it was interesting that Federer said this. He wasn't prompted to he just came out with it.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Wed 28 Aug 2013, 6:05 pm

hawkeye wrote:^ Ha ha! But Murray already has a home slam. Or are you trying to say he's not British?

I'm not sure Djokovic's girlfriend will be brave enough to visit again given the threat of "not being given a warm welcome" and what she said after the Wimbledon final. I've heard they're planning their next break in the Balearics...

I thought it was interesting that Federer said this. He wasn't prompted to he just came out with it.
You're taking that comment way out of context.. The question he answered was about advice to give kids and what tennis should mean and be to them, and he talked about having passion for the game, listening to parents and coaches, taking the good with the bad, and what an advantage it was for the kids in the audience to live in the United States and be exposed to such an amazing tournament the resources that are available in the USA tennis community... obviously listening to the whole answer he was saying how great it is for these kids to be exposed to a major which can create excitement and passion, and he wished that he could have been around such a big tournaments as a kid and the people of Switzerland could- hence-- I wish there was a Major in Switzerland...

I mean really- it was pretty obvious what he meant.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 28 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm

He said he wished there was a slam in his home country. You've listed some of the advantages. It was me (not him) that was wondering how these extra advantages might have benefited him.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:22 pm

Switzerland is too damn cold to hold a Major, the only slam you'd get there would be a Tequila one.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down