The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch dancing about

+14
Jimmy Moz
Mayweathers cellmate
The Terror of Tylorstown
aja424
Steffan
jimdig
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
KingMonkey
88Chris05
mobilemaster8
bhb001
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Froch dancing about Empty Froch dancing about

Post by bhb001 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

Froch has taken part in a TV dancing show with his partner (see link below),

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pugilist/carl-froch-dons-sequins-date-george-groves-231743055.html

This is worrying for me as it shows that he isn't as committed to fighting Groves as he was for Bute or Kessler. Mind you, it is ten weeks away, so I am probably being hyper critical.

I wonder what he was dancing to? Down down deeper on down by Status Quo perhaps?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Froch dancing about Empty Re: Froch dancing about

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

To be fair, Froch will walk through Groves so i don't think he cares much.

As soon as froch gets groves in a corner (which may take a few rounds based on Groves vs De Gale where he ran the WHOLE fight) and lands any sort of combination resembling those thrown against Bute, then its finished. Froch via EKO.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:13 pm

Ran the whole fight? You mean as opposed to using excellent footwwork and lateral movement to outfox and outbox his opponent. Really mobile, has someone piddled in your Frosties this morning cos you seem awfully irritable?

As for the actual article. I was concerned that Froch wasn't taking things seriously but apparently all he has to do is learn a new dance in a week. I take it he isn't training for the Groves fight all day every day and as he's not representing Earth in some intergalactic ballroom dancing contest I doubt he's taking it that seriously.

Nice to see him getting some mainstream tv exposure although I have a sneaky suspicion that the motives behind it are more to do with getting his girlfriend back into modelling as there was some suggestion that's what she's looking at doing.

Maybe I'm cynical and Froch genuinely loves the cha cha cha...I just hope he doesn't start going on about trenches and warriors and blood and guts and laying it all on the line and warriors in trenches leaving putting it all on the line whilst also managing to leave it all in the trenches (probably easier to have a line IN the trenches and save doubling up on the putting it somewhere and leaving it somewhere else stuff).

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

I actually watched Froch's bit the other day. His lady friend mentioned three times in the space of five minutes that they aren't married yet and that Carl needs to think about. Methinks she's hoping that a bout of public pressure might cajole Froch in to walking that plank.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

Well to me he ran, Dave. Maybe it was genius tactics by Adam Booth, i still think he lost by two rounds but there you go.

As for this fight, Froch will absolutely crush him.

Im sorry, but Groves is simply not on Stieglitz level let alone Trench level.

He hates being hit just look at Anderson and Smith fights.

Froch has the chin to sustain such punches and dish his own out, something Groves will seriously regret when he wakes up in no mans land after he is punched out of the trench Froch fights in.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:23 pm

I'm a Groves fan and had him down by a round (albeit after plenty of beer and from the back of the lower tier of the O2) but I wouldn't say he ran. Degale was a plodding oaf in comparison, Groves boxing to a decent plan.

Froch, however, is no oaf. And his trainer is ten times that of Degale's. I'm hoping Groves can make it competitive but I'll be cheering for Froch.

As for all this dancing, I've pretended none of it has even taken place.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:26 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I actually watched Froch's bit the other day. His lady friend mentioned three times in the space of five minutes that they aren't married yet and that Carl needs to think about. Methinks she's hoping that a bout of public pressure might cajole Froch in to walking that plank.
Methinks she needs to shut the hell up becasue if he leaves her, she'll get nowt. Just bide your time love and once he's retired he'll do the decent thing THEN you can take him to the cleaners. Mind you,if he does the dirty on you, you can make a bit of cash selling the Carl Froch sex tapes where he's dressed as Spartacus, Maximus, Braveheart and Clive Dunn fighting in the trenches.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:43 pm

This is the perfect preparation for George Groves who as mobile rightly stated ran all night long against Degale.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm

Froch isn't worried about doing a bit of dancing because he knows he's going to smash Groves up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:04 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Well to me he ran, Dave. Maybe it was genius tactics by Adam Booth, i still think he lost by two rounds but there you go.

As for this fight, Froch will absolutely crush him.

Im sorry, but Groves is simply not on Stieglitz level let alone Trench level.

Stieglitz ??

Based on what? A 1-1 record against a shot old Abraham??! Groves' 2-0 against JDG and the Roadwarrior is superior to that. Don't see anything else about him or on his record to get excited about.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:08 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Stieglitz ??

Based on what? A 1-1 record against a shot old Abraham??! Groves' 2-0 against JDG and the Roadwarrior is superior to that. Don't see anything else about him or on his record to get excited about.
Stieglitz was shafted by the judges in the first Abraham fight, I had him winning by two rounds. You can't describe Abraham as old and shot and then big up GG's win over Johnson. That's crazy talk.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:10 am

Not 'bigging up'. Drawing equivalence.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:13 am

So is pancaking the previously never stopped Abraham in 4 rounds equivalent to a narrow win over a green Degale or playing bongos on the ancient Johnson's head for 12 rounds?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:14 am

Can't do him any harm, froch is terribly flat footed. All part of the ward 2 masterplan. He'll be bouncing about like Michael flatly.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:24 am

Union Cane wrote:So is pancaking the previously never stopped Abraham in 4 rounds equivalent to a narrow win over a green Degale or playing bongos on the ancient Johnson's head for 12 rounds?
If it had been the pre-shellacking Abraham of 3-4 years ago it would have been very impressive.

And it is still the only win of note on his record.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:37 am

Weber and Gutkneckt are good wins, both highly regarded unbeaten prospects at the time.

Anyway, I've seen the future and Groves loses to Froch, rebuilds with Degale II, then takes Stieglitz's WBO title, beats the shell of Abraham, then unifies against an ageing Froch.

Mark my words.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:39 am

Would take that, actually.

Especially as it involves giving that numpty JDG another beating.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:39 am

Union Cane wrote:Weber and Gutkneckt are good wins, both highly regarded unbeaten prospects at the time.

Anyway, I've seen the future and Groves loses to Froch, rebuilds with Degale II, then takes Stieglitz's WBO title, beats the shell of Abraham, then unifies against an ageing Froch.

Mark my words.
In memory of our dear departed Windy, I shall do just that...0 out of 10

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:52 am

Union Cane wrote:Weber and Gutkneckt are good wins, both highly regarded unbeaten prospects at the time.

Mark my words.
I could see the above happening, but with Froch retiring before the final fight leaving Groves to take on the ageing Kessler for the vacant title

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:43 pm

As long as he doesnt open his mouth so we have to tolerate that repulsive accent and all the drivel it speaks then Froch can dance all he wants. DANCE BOY. DANCE

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 1:29 pm

Can't be any worse a dancer than JC was.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 04 Sep 2013, 2:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Can't be any worse a dancer than JC was.......
True. But then Joe was a great fighter. Prehaps in dancing Carl can find something than Joe he is better at...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 2:24 pm

Steffan wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Can't be any worse a dancer than JC was.......
True. But then Joe was a great fighter. Prehaps in dancing Carl can find something than Joe he is better at...
And fighting highly ranked guys

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed 04 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

Froch doesn't scrape the barrel as well as Calzaghe did either Steffan.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 2:51 pm

Yep, beat Groves and one other name and he's ahead for me.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 04 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

Yep. Froch is certainly amazing. Wish I hadnt bothered going to the States to watch that bum Calzaghe now. Ah well you live and learn hey...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

Not sure "amazing" is the word I'd use to describe Froch. He's very good but his schooling by Ward showed us that he's never going to be mentioned in the same breath as the elite fighters.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 3:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Not sure "amazing" is the word I'd use to describe Froch. He's very good but his schooling by Ward showed us that he's never going to be mentioned in the same breath as the elite fighters.

Yep, indeed.

Feel sorry that JC never got to test himself on that level.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 3:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Not sure "amazing" is the word I'd use to describe Froch. He's very good but his schooling by Ward showed us that he's never going to be mentioned in the same breath as the elite fighters.

Yep, indeed.

Joe isn't sorry. Protected his zero so that he and Otke have something to discuss when they meet up.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

bhb001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yep, indeed.

Joe isn't sorry. Protected his zero so that he and Otke have something to discuss when they meet up.
laughing laughing laughing 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:31 pm

bhb001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yep, indeed.

Froch is a very good fighter but his level is quite clearly the Kessler left-overs Calzaghe dished up.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:07 pm

I am a Froch fan but it has to be said he was nowhere near as good as fighter as Calzaghe. Joe went to Vegas and did the business on Hopkins. He moved up a weight and beat the man at Light Heavy. That is an achievement not many modern fighters can boast about. He also beat a prime Kessler. Something which Froch failed to do. As pleased as I was for Carl to avenge his loss I couldn't help but feel that the Dane was nowhere near the fighter he was when he gave Joe a run for his money. With the exception of beating Ward which is clearly never going to happen, there is nothing Froch can do that would ever place him above Calzaghe for me. A good fighter though with lots of heart. Just lacked Calzaghe's class and that X factor to always find a way to win. I think these Isles will be lucky to see a figher with that talent for a long time. I hope I am proved wrong though.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm

What warrants a fight being called a schooling? How many rounds must a fighter win?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:39 pm

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:
bhb001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yep, indeed.

Froch is a very good fighter but his level is quite clearly the Kessler left-overs Calzaghe dished up.
Absolutely agree and have said many times that Calzaghe is the better boxer. Doesn't change my opinion that he was protected and unambitious whereas Froch, with much less talent, has gone and sought out every challenge.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:43 pm

"The Kessler left overs calzaghe dished up"...

Because it was such a beating that Joe handed out?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yep, indeed.

Don't feel sorry for him, he couldve tested himself against a living RJJ (and got KTFO).

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:04 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:"The Kessler left overs calzaghe dished up"...

It was quite a beating, remember Kessler's eye? Didn't he have to retire temporarily because of it.

Calzaghe was clearly a better fighter than Froch, but Froch has served us up many more quality fights.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:42 am

It wasn't quite a beating, it was nothing of the sort. I'm not sure why people constantly try to big up either Carl or Joe.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:31 am

It was quite a beating, remember Kessler's eye? Didn't he have to retire temporarily because of it.

Calzaghe was clearly a better fighter than Froch, but Froch has served us up many more quality fights.
It was actually Froch who put Kessler into temporary retirement.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Kessler didn't fight particularly often for a while after the Calzaghe fight, but that was contractual issues with his manager / promote / someone, wasn't it?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm

Pretty sure he temporarily retired largely due to Andre going all billy goat and ramming his dome into Mikkel's face.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu 05 Sep 2013, 3:30 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hixMimnRZs

Kessler looked like Sloth from the Goonies after the Calzaghe fight.

“This is the most disappointing moment of my boxing career,” Kessler said. “After defeating Carl Froch, I was on the way to win the tournament, so pulling out now really hurts. The eye problem has bothered me since the beginning of the Super Six in my preparation for the bout against Andre Ward. It also bothered me in the fights against Ward and Froch, and in my training for the fight against Green it has become unbearable"

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm

ERRRRMMMMMMM, WTF??!!

WARRIOR Carl Froch is sat there in sparkly spandex glitter sequins and EYE LINER!!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:ERRRRMMMMMMM, WTF??!!

WARRIOR Carl Froch is sat there in sparkly spandex glitter sequins and EYE LINER!!!
Is he taking the other dancers into the trenches?

If he wins whats the chances we will get a 5 minute speech on how much better he is at dancing than Calzaghe bla bla

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:11 pm

I take it back Steffan, he is actually worse than JC.

Looks like his absurdly hot missus has just roped him into it. Tragic stuff.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:28 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I take it back Steffan, he is actually worse than JC.

Looks like his absurdly hot missus has just roped him into it. Tragic stuff.
Thats made my day Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm

https://twitter.com/StGeorgeGroves/status/376427268479778816

hehe

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:44 pm

For those of you who are not on Twitter:

Froch dancing about BTlWmyKCUAEJFQP

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:47 pm

Arrgggghhhhhhhh it's so cringeworthy!!

I actually feel sorry for Carl, think this is all his missus' doing!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:48 pm

Oh dear god. Looks like something you'd see in The Mighty Boosh!

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next