The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Ticket Fiasco.

3 posters

Go down

Scotland Ticket Fiasco. Empty Scotland Ticket Fiasco.

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Anyone else really pished off how the SRU are selling tickets this year?

IMO the system employed (season pass) is really unhelpful in getting trips arranged. The season pass is good in theory if you are attending every match either on your own or with the same people, but "jedi knight" if you intend on going to the games with different people.

For instance I would like to attend the England game with my Dad, he isn't really fussed about going to the Japan or South Africa for instance and being a pensioner isn't really wanting to spend over £200 on a season pass for games he isn't fussed about going to.

Equally a few of my mates are going to some of these other games but I can't sit beside them because I'll have bought seats for a season pass with my dad who won't be there.

I get the fact that the England game is over subscribed and a lot of the blazer brigade from Edinburgh have no real interest in rugby aside from the England game but instead of rewarding the real fans they are punishing them by denying the flexability of buying tickets on a match by match basis.

discuss....

rant....

call the SRU money grubbing hoors...
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Scotland Ticket Fiasco. Empty Re: Scotland Ticket Fiasco.

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:09 pm

I agree that the system isn't particularly flexible. I bought two season tickets, one for myself and one for my Dad, but was thinking of using my rights as a season ticket holder to advance purchase some additional tickets to the France game next year for some friends, only to find out that those tickets would be in a different part of the stadium to my own tickets. Not great.

Not sure I have a better idea mind as to how to accommodate season tickets and advance purchases. Must be logistically difficult, and I do understand the SRU trying to get people to go to the Japan fixture by packaging things this way.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Just go back to the old way.  If you go to the "wee" games, you get first dibs on the big ones! (if you want them)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 pm

tigertattie wrote:Just go back to the old way.  If you go to the "wee" games, you get first dibs on the big ones! (if you want them)
^ boom.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 pm

I suppose that's fair, and Edinburgh and Glasgow season ticket holders should get first dibs as well.....in fact what I'm basically saying is that the SRU should ring me up each September and say:

SRU: "Hi fES, as one of our most loyal and most knowledgeable fans, we were just ringing to ask you for your ticket requirements this season."

fES: "Great to here from you. I'd love some tickets. As you saddled my team with Moffatt, Bradley and some of the worst signings since Sir Clive Woodward asked Alistair Campbell to manage the media in New Zealand, can I have them for free?"

SRU: "No problem fES, and you have a great day."

I should run the SRU call centre.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down