The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrum V EXTRA...!

5 posters

Go down

Scrum V EXTRA...! Empty Scrum V EXTRA...!

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:59 pm

So this week BBC Wales launched Scrum V Extra. A bonus online extra time program interacting with the public via the various interactive media portals we all know well.

Anyone take part?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23978393

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Scrum V EXTRA...! Empty Re: Scrum V EXTRA...!

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:30 am

Never mind that, what was the point of that sycophantic article about Sam Warburton? What a love-in!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:35 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Never mind that, what was the point of that sycophantic article about Sam Warburton? What a love-in!
But Sam is a Legend, and has done more in his short career than the whole panel of pundit put together, and he is super fit, and super strong, and mentally super strong, and ever so polite etc etc vomit 
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:49 am

It would have made a bit more sense if he was actually fit and playing, but he's not.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:53 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24011598

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Tue 10 Sep 2013, 2:51 pm

FFS, lets not knock Sam, there are enough posters accross the Irish sea and Offa's Dyke that will do that. Within Wales its about time we cut him some slack.

As for the Scrum V item, dont forget Scrum V is a "magazine" show and as such has the lighter side of rugby not just the game highlights. I bet Sam didnt enjoy the experience either, but as a professional sportman, Captain of Lions (and dare say returning Capting of Wales) I would bet he had no option but to go along with it.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 10 Sep 2013, 2:53 pm

I'm not knocking Sam, I just thought the article was sycophantic and unnecessary. They could have done an article about one of the internationals who have moved to England or France, that would have been worthwhile.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 10 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

sirBiggles wrote:FFS, lets not knock Sam
I'm not knocking him, but that section was a bit too much like man-love for my personal tastes, even to the point my misses mentioned that that Jiffy and Co. must be able to tell us what Warbs poo tastes like as their tongues were so far up there!

I think he has achieved a hell of a lot in his career so far, and has a decent amount ahead of him to improve on that too. However why not just say that, and show him out jogging with his dog etc as opposed to having him glistening with sweat and close up of his bulging muscles etc. But as I have said many a time maybe it is just me.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Tue 10 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
I'm not knocking him, but that section was a bit too much like man-love for my personal tastes
I know SS, was a little (no actually a lot) chringeworthy, but as I said, its a magazine show, so they will do OTT articles like this. Although I bet the true fan thought this OTT, I bet there where some ladies out there (and some.. cough... fellas) who enjoyed this insight into Sam. The show has to try and appeal to all and get new viewers...

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
... Jiffy and Co. must be able to tell us what Warbs poo tastes like as their tongues were so far up there!
Very Happy 
I actually think Jiffy and Nugget looked quite embarrased by the article... Think Holley may have had a b0ner the way he leant forward Whistle 

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
I think he has achieved a hell of a lot in his career so far, and has a decent amount ahead of him to improve on that too.  However why not just say that, and show him out jogging with his dog etc as opposed to having him glistening with sweat and close up of his bulging muscles etc.  But as I have said many a time maybe it is just me.
Agreed, but as I said above.. takes all sorts.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 10 Sep 2013, 3:34 pm

sirBiggles wrote:Although I bet the true fan thought this OTT, I bet there where some ladies out there (and some.. cough... fellas) who enjoyed this insight into Sam. The show has to try and appeal to all and get new viewers....
Problem is that unless they ran clips of that in the Scrum V adverts before or after Eastenders or Simply Go Prancing or whatever then the target audience wouldn't have known that the iffy Warbs section would be on. And as such instead of trying to make the show appeal to all, it just made it less appealing to most of those who watch it.

However in hind sight, I would accept that type of interview segment again, providing they have Rick O'Shea working out with the player and doing the interview at the same time Laugh 
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Janecory Tue 10 Sep 2013, 7:44 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It would have made a bit more sense if he was actually fit and playing, but he's not.
Top Reply Smile 

Janecory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm

There were a lot of rugby players who thought it was brilliant, judging by twitter etc. Now some probably just fished for the retweet off Scrum V, but there's also a lot of truth in it too. Some players (like me), take an interest in what players do training wise and also given I'm currently rehabbing a bit from an injury, it's also quite an incentive to actually do a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Sep 2013, 6:57 pm

Latest addition..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24104270

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down