The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide

+6
sodhat
Stella
Duty281
Ent
Crimey
Hero
10 posters

Go down

Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide Empty Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide

Post by Hero Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:04 pm

Kyle Walker has been forced to apologise for the photos that were in the tabloids over the weekend for taking the legal high nitrous oxide from balloons whilst out in Sheffield during the summer.

"Now I know the health risks, it was poor judgement on my part. I hope no one's influenced into putting their health at risk by my actions."

If he was shown taking a fag or a pint would he have had to apologize?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide Empty Re: Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:08 pm

Stupid boy, you don't need laughing gas...just watch him playing for England a get yourself a free chuckle

Back to top Go down

Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide Empty Re: Kyle Walker apologizes for inhaling Nitrous Oxide

Post by Crimey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:18 pm

Apparently it can be lethal to be fair, so he could have died taking it, if he wasn't careful. The same cannot be said for cigarettes or alcohol in the short term.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

More likely to die from getting drunk and falling than inhaling some nitrous to be fair.

Still stupid, but people are going overboard.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:33 pm

And you can easily die from alcohol in the short term.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

It's fun, it's legal.

No problem here, although he may have to apologise for setting a bad example.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

Didn't realise he was doing something legal. What's the fuss about?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 4:02 pm

Stella wrote:Didn't realise he was doing something legal. What's the fuss about?
Sky Diving is legal but there are dangers...same here (albeit to a much lesser degree). However, the fact is that, like it or not, Walker is a role model (I don't like it) and there are plenty out there who are stupid enough to think that it's perfectly ok to do because "someone famous did it the other day". Sadl people have different reactions to certain things, some kids die the first time they take Ecstacy and other do it with little or no cognitive impairment (although prolonged exposure to that sh!tty "bleep bleepy bleep bleep " music is as likely to cause brain damage as ingesting drugs I reckon)

If Walker was a nobody, even his closest friends would have forgotten about it by now, but because he's a "somebody" apparently he has to react in a responsible and professional manner even though it's nobody else's f*****g business what he drinks, smokes, snorts, ingests as long as he doesn't harm another person

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 09 Sep 2013, 4:05 pm

BREAKING NEWS: KYLE WALKER APOLOGISES FOR NOT WAITING FOR THE GREEN MAN BEFORE CROSSING

"It was poor judgement on my part. I hope no one's influenced into putting their health at risk by my actions. I just really wanted to cross the road and get to Greggs."

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 09 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm

This happened in June.

Just the press looking to whip up a nothing story, while England are in the headlines. Pathetic from the press
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 09 Sep 2013, 4:28 pm

Agree with Olly

I really have no idea what the problem is. The press tried to make a headline of Andy Carroll smashed at wireless festival, it's called having a laugh, doesn't matter if there pro footballers or not.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 09 Sep 2013, 6:23 pm

TalkSport debate: After this incident, should Kyle Walker play for England this week?

My Answer: No, because he's dog Poopie.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

Name me a better English right back?

Phil Jones is the only one i can think off. Walker is better than Smalling, Jenkinson, Johnson.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:13 pm

I'd say Glen Johnson by a country mile. Come on leaps and bounds in the past 18 months.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm

I also think Walker has really regressed in the past year, I'd put Glen Johnson well ahead, Phil Jones ahead as well. Defensively Walker is really poor (as a lot of young full backs are) but going forward he just seems to have lost his final ball, so often he just wastes it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:54 pm

Walker better than Johnson?

I used to think he could be, but Walker's stagnated a fair bit, and Johnson has really come on leaps and bounds in the last 3 years.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:09 pm

I'd like to see Jenkinson get a real run in the Arsenal side, I think he's got great potential
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

Agree with the consensus that the story is a mountain out of something even less than a molehill - maybe he was a bit stupid, but then name me a young footballer that hasn't at some time or other done something daft.

As for his qualities as a player - he for me exemplifies what is wrong with English football at the moment. He's a defender who can't defend properly (relies on his pace to get himself out of trouble too often) and who has a poor first touch and is careless with his short passing. Can run and carries the ball forward quite well and sometimes produces a good cross, but his technique and tactical awareness are not good for the position he plays.

You can point out similar flaws with Glen Johnson, although I think he is less prone to defensive errors and is more careful in possession, while Phil Jones is a more defensively minded alternative (who will probably end up in central defence in a year or two - just needs to finish getting stronger).

Jenkinson looks good, but needs a bit more game time. Fortunately it looks like Wenger is starting to pick him more often for bigger games, so maybe by the end of this season he'll be established in the England squad as well.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down