The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury the kickboxer

+6
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Adam D
huw
armchairwarrior
10 posters

Go down

Fury the kickboxer Empty Fury the kickboxer

Post by armchairwarrior Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:28 pm

I almost didn't post this because I am sure everyone has seen it...and has a good laugh ....or cry. The big man has announced that he is taking part in a kick boxing tournament in Romainia 4 weeks after his fight with David Haye......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2416129/Tyson-Fury-set-kickboxing-match-month-David-Haye-fight.html

Apparently it's to please his sponsor who is a big fan....thumbsup 

The article mentions how it should be an interesting spectacle because of Tysons sheer size....clearly the writer knows a lot about this sport then and that a kickboxer ( and we are not even talking black belt but probably at an much high level here ) will be deterred to some degree by Tysons size and that of course makes up for virtually NO experience at all...amazing!

Of course Tysons knows that he will sustain no injuries at all win lose or draw against Haye, and it is this superior knowledge that allows him to look ahead and book another fight in another discipline that he knows nothing about!...he also mentions that he has kicked the bag a few times😆 

I did have some respect for Peter Fury, but this puts things for me in a new light. As Tyson's trainer and v close family member he should be guiding him correctly. This is not guiding him correctly....unless it is just to make money. Fury is going into the biggest fight he has had by a country mile and one that will he is more likely to lose than win and now also arranging another one in a completely different discipline that he is not used to and WILL lose at. The arrogance!! and lets face it, its absolute B***. Peter said in an interview that he loves training Tyson and it's not just a financial thing....all sounds a very hollow now when decisions are made like this allowing your charge to get a hiding ( absolute certainty ) at a discipline he has never done which cannot be helpful in getting his boxing career back on track if he loses ( and especially if early and badly ) to Haye!

Gents, unless Tyson is having a laugh and bluffing for effect this fundamentally changes it for me. I think Fury V Haye to team Fury is probably just a cynical money making exercise and their PR team is advising them to " give it all that".  

Haye got it about right in his responce.

'I give credit to any man taking a risk and competing outside his comfort zone, but first things first, Tyson.
'How about achieving something worthwhile in the sport of boxing?
'Because, rather than kickboxing in Romania, one month after our fight you'll be going right back to basics and learning how to properly jab again.'

Any thoughts...or is this too brain numbing to contemplate...and if so, I am humbly sorry folks.

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Fury the kickboxer Empty Re: Fury the kickboxer

Post by huw Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:38 pm

Probably just trying to make Haye feel he's not taking their fight seriously or to wind Haye up and make him think Fury feels he will win so easily.

As for Fury kickboxing depending upon the standard of the guys there he would probably take a battering. Not many boxers can handle the continuous kicks to the legs and no kickboxer is going to stand and trade.

Technique wise the kickboxing knee attack is supposed to be the most powerfull strike in all martial arts (including boxing).

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:39 pm

Would Tyson be more of a fool to actually do this whether he wins or lose?

If he has lost to Haye, its not as bad as doing it as the contender to the big one!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

My point Huw...it's either a wind up or if for real its actually crazy because there is genuinely only one outcome.

If it's a wind up, then the laughs on people like me....Whistle 

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:44 pm

Adam, if this is for real and he loses to Haye...then its another very very certain loss a month later. How could this help his career. I appreciate Harrison has done well out of multiple losses, but I didn't think his blueprint was being studied and followed...could be wrong though!

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:53 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:My point Huw...it's either a wind up or if for real its actually crazy because there is genuinely only one outcome.

If it's a wind up, then the laughs on people like me....Whistle 

Fury calls everyone out though, could be he likes the publicity (likely), actually feels he is the 'hardest' man in the world (please don't ever let there be a Danny Dyer and Tyson Fury TV show) or it is just a bit of gypsy bravado I guess we'll soon find out.

My guess is that it is a wind up but one of his comments was 'after the fight I go to Romania to get my head kicked in' - which doesn't sound like his usual talk. It is also against as yet unknown opposition. Probably no more than tour and exhibition

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm

Why does he make comments like this? If I didn't know better you could almost think he had a fight to sell or something.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:04 pm

Rowley wrote:Why does he make comments like this? If I didn't know better you could almost think he had a fight to sell or something.
Conspiracy nut. Get a hold of yourself

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:06 pm

He's still calling out Cain Velasquez, but only if the fight is a stand up match and doesn't go to the ground Rolling Eyes 

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

He has no intention of kickboxing, (can't blame him, terribly dull and unskilled sport), I think the idea is to get a response from David Haye (tick) and to get the general public talking about him (tick).

2-0 Fury.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:15 pm

Jonny Bones Jones UFC P4P NO.1 says he will CONQUER boxing after he has cleaned up UFC. He says FURY is a NO NAME and when he moves into boxing it will be only to face the CHAMPION. FURY calling out VELASQUEZ and BONES JONES calling out KLITSCHKO. It HAPPENS in sport. FACT!

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Jonny Bones Jones UFC P4P NO.1 says he will CONQUER boxing after he has cleaned up UFC. He says FURY is a NO NAME and when he moves into boxing it will be only to face the CHAMPION. FURY calling out VELASQUEZ and BONES JONES calling out KLITSCHKO. It HAPPENS in sport. FACT!
Shoo.

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Union Cane wrote:He has no intention of kickboxing, (can't blame him, terribly dull and unskilled sport), I think the idea is to get a response from David Haye (tick) and to get the general public talking about him (tick).

2-0 Fury.

How do you come to that conclusion? Surely boxing must come into that catagory then Mayweather/Klitchko dull Ricky Hatton unskilled? Can't really see him taking on anybody decent as there really is only one outcome & a painful one at that. Also his shins aren't going to be strong enough to be able to kick effectively.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:41 am

Scottrff wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:Jonny Bones Jones UFC P4P NO.1 says he will CONQUER boxing after he has cleaned up UFC. He says FURY is a NO NAME and when he moves into boxing it will be only to face the CHAMPION. FURY calling out VELASQUEZ and BONES JONES calling out KLITSCHKO. It HAPPENS in sport. FACT!
Shoo.
clap 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down