The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren

+4
Scottrf
Strongback
Rowley
School Project
8 posters

Go down

Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren Empty Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren

Post by School Project Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

It seems Sky Sports have issued an apology to Frank Warren for an article posted about Callum Johnson and his career path.

You can read the article here:

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8918963/frank-warren-an-apology

Here's their statement:

In an article published on our website on Thursday 5th September, we discussed the career of boxer Callum Johnson to date and reported his claims that he had been let down by his promoter Frank Warren to the extent that his career had been put in jeopardy and he had struggled mentally.

We did not contact Mr Warren before publication. He subsequently refuted any suggestion made by Callum Johnson and tells us that when Mr Johnson confirmed he was fit to fight, fights were arranged for him, from which he subsequently withdrew.

Mr Warren informs us that he takes his responsibilities as a boxing promoter and manager very seriously and his first priority was the health and wellbeing of Callum Johnson. We apologise to Mr Warren.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren Empty Re: Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren

Post by Rowley Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:13 pm

Nice to see they have supported the apology with a very flattering picture of Frank. Really underpins the thing with a feeingl of sincerity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren Empty Re: Sky Sports: An Apology to Frank Warren

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Sep 2013, 7:21 am

Did Sky actually speak to Warren or did they just unlock the code to his voicemail and have a rummage around?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:17 am

Rowley wrote:Nice to see they have supported the apology with a very flattering picture of Frank. Really underpins the thing with a feeingl of sincerity.
That's a 'my laywers are onto you' shot if ever I've seen one.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:44 am

To be fair, flattering photos of frank are a little thin on the ground. Allegedly.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:46 am

Well, we all know how good his last legal claim went!!

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/480.html

How anyone who is interested but doesn't want to read the whole case, Warren sued Calzaghe, Calzaghe legal report counter claimed and won.

Besides, Frank still has some outstanding litigation against him. His legal aides are probably fed up of him.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:50 am

Also, you guys might like the statement in the case in which Hopkins was chosen by Calzaghe before the Vegas confrontation took place... And the whole thing was staged.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:54 am

School Project wrote:Well, we all know how good his last legal claim went!!

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/480.html

How anyone who is interested but doesn't want to read the whole case, Warren sued Calzaghe, Calzaghe legal report counter claimed and won.

Besides, Frank still has some outstanding litigation against him. His legal aides are probably fed up of him.

Legal aides are never fed up of people like frank - its like being bankrolled by the treasury. Any company would love a customer who comes back again and again and again

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:04 am

Scottrf wrote:
Rowley wrote:Nice to see they have supported the apology with a very flattering picture of Frank. Really underpins the thing with a feeingl of sincerity.

Has check hooks problem got anything to do with Frank?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm

Strongback wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Has check hooks problem got anything to do with Frank?
No idea, I know you can't type his name on Eastside or the Boxrec forums (which replaces it with allegedly).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm

i follow callum on twitter and he's constantly saying how frustrated he is about the lack of fights he's getting.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm

The boxer is a bum or thick.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down