The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)...

+4
sparxz
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
monzon
8 posters

Go down

question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)... Empty question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)...

Post by monzon Sun 15 Sep 2013, 6:58 am

Myself and the three people i watched it with, though all rooting for Alvarez, couldn't even give him a round. The Showtime commentators agreed, as did some of the British pundits. Obviously we can completely dismiss the idiot who scored it a draw as in the very least a mentalist, and quite probably completely corrupt. For me, the other two scores were surprising in their own right. Floyd was flawless, and he made Alvarez (a very, very good fighter) look clumsy and crude. Saul just couldn't land at all, and the fight was extraordinarily one-sided.

Anyway, the question is this - which other fights between two world-class, world champion fighters which have gone the distance, in your opinion or the opinion of the judges or general public, ended as complete shut-outs?

monzon

Back to top Go down

question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)... Empty Re: question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)...

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:02 am

Floyd/Marquez, Floyd/Corrales, Floyd/Mosley bar one round. Roy Jones/Toney, Whitaker/Chavez just about despite the judging, its pretty rare though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)... Empty Re: question (includes Mayweather/Alvarez spoilers)...

Post by Strongback Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:03 am

Alverez won 3 maybe four rounds. 116-112 or 117-111 seemed about right to me. The drawn card will be investigated.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:05 am

Strongback wrote:Alverez won 3 maybe four rounds.
No chance. Barely landed meaningful punches at all.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:08 am

I actually had it 117/111, thought early on it was tight, both using the jab well, then Floyd just freakin' dominated.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:20 am

Watch round 8 when u get a chance that was a Deffo alveraz round for me with others being close, no way was it a shut out, that IMO is just as ludicrous as scoring a draw

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:07 am

Sparx, are you Alvarez?

Floyd completely dominated the fight and made Saul look average. He was a different gulf in class and you could see that in Canelos face when Floyd was going to town on his grid mid way through the fight.

Never landed a meaningful punch all night, was quickly countered and made to look average at best. It must have been demoralising for him to be honest.

I had it 108-102 going into the 12th and he won that one so its 118-111 for me. Won clearly by 6-7 rounds.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 15 Sep 2013, 11:40 am

monzon wrote:

Between rounds 8-12 Mwayweather stepped off the gas at times and I would give 2 or 3 of those rounds to Canelo even though the rounds were close. Some of the early close very close and I would give one of these to Alverez. That's 3 rounds.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun 15 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Sparx, are you Alvarez?

Floyd completely dominated the fight and made Saul look average. He was a different gulf in class and you could see that in Canelos face when Floyd was going to town on his grid mid way through the fight.

Never landed a meaningful punch all night, was quickly countered and made to look average at best. It must have been demoralising for him to be honest.

I had it 108-102 going into the 12th and he won that one so its 118-111 for me. Won clearly by 6-7 rounds.
I am not, so you agree no way was it a shut out!

I agree the rounds I gave canelo were close rounds IMO , the rounds won by floyd were easily won rounds and the class showed, I agree floyd dominated the majority of the fight, which is why on my card he won by 2 rounds which is a majority.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:37 pm

My card almost always matches these guys...

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/scorecards/2013/09/15/wsn-live-scorecard-floyd-mayweather-v-canelo-alvarez.html

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:46 pm

I had Alvarez winning 3 rounds at the most totally dominated by mayweather for me sheer class. Hiw the judge give the draw I will never know. The girlfriend who doesn't even watch it like boxing couldn't believe the judge give a draw haha

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Floyd/Marquez, Floyd/Corrales, Floyd/Mosley bar one round. Roy Jones/Toney, Whitaker/Chavez just about despite the judging, its pretty rare though.
You actually watch this fight? 120 -108 for you even though it didn't go the distance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:17 pm

Strongback wrote:
monzon wrote:
Between rounds 8-12 Mwayweather stepped off the gas at times and I would give 2 or 3 of those rounds to Canelo even though the rounds were close.  Some of the early close very close and I would give one of these to Alverez.  That's 3 rounds.
Yeah thats how I had it.....Floyd dominated and made the best light middle in the world look like a nightclub bouncer at times, but you can't dispute the fact that knowing he was easing to victory took a couple off in the latter stages.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:24 pm

What ROUNDS did Mayweather take off? Landed more than Canelo in ALL of the late rounds. Landed more than TWICE as many punches as Canelo in last three rounds. Just coz Money not fighting on the front foot EVERY round dont mean he aint working. He outjabbing, outlanding and making Canelo miss EVERY round.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down