The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Du Plessis : Yellow Card Stands

3 posters

Go down

Du Plessis : Yellow Card Stands  Empty Du Plessis : Yellow Card Stands

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

SANZAR Judicial Officer Terry Willis from Australia has removed a red card from the disciplinary record of Bismarck du Plessis. Du Plessis was issued with a red card after receiving two yellow cards during the match at the weekend between New Zealand and South Africa in The Rugby Championship.
The yellow cards were issued in the 17th and 42ndminutes of the match between New Zealand and South Africa at Eden Park in Auckland on 14 September 2013.
The SANZAR Judicial Hearing was held via teleconference on 16 September. Terry Willis granted an application made by Gerrie Swart who appeared on behalf of the player, for an expedited hearing. The hearing was originally fixed for the 17th of September. At the hearing, Terry Willis was assisted by former professional player David Croft from Australia.
Submissions were made on behalf of the player and the video footage was reviewed. The Judicial Officer found that the decision made by Referee Romain Poite to issue a yellow card as a result of the tackle by du Plessis on Dan Carter was wrong, as it was within the Laws of the Game.
No further sanction was imposed on the player, however the second yellow card remains on his record for the remainder of The Rugby Championship.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Du Plessis : Yellow Card Stands  Empty Re: Du Plessis : Yellow Card Stands

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm

Sounds about right to me. It would have been a joke to allow the first yellow to stand, if SA having to unjustly spend all that time with 14 men wasn't bad enough.

The second yellow is less contested and although it didn't look malicious to me (DP reacting in the heat of the moment with the tackler closing in) it's hard to argue for letting an elbow to the neck fly.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:26 pm

It is good news for Bismark i guess. But it does not change the result of the game.

Will their now be an enquiry in to why Poite gave him the first yellow card?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:29 pm

Neither should it change the result of the game. 

I guess 13 All Blacks ran into the ensuing dust up so Poite wasn't the only one who thought it was worse than it was...

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down