The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Studs and Duds

+6
skins4ever
sodhat
CFCNick
SuperTanker
Good Golly I'm Olly
TM Moot
10 posters

Go down

Fantasy Studs and Duds Empty Fantasy Studs and Duds

Post by TM Moot Wed 18 Sep 2013, 8:24 am

2 games in...who is pants and who is a steal?

For me (in the East/Keeper)

Maurice Jones-Drew, 2nd round pick - 7.30 points
I know he plays for the Jags, but really... 7 points after 2 games, and away in Seattle next up Erm 

Jordy Nelson, mid round pick - 37.60 points
Not exactly a sleeper, but following a poor 2012, really stepping up as A-Rod's go to guy

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Studs and Duds Empty Re: Fantasy Studs and Duds

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 18 Sep 2013, 8:33 am

For me in the West League...

Frank Gore, 2nd round pick - 15.50 points

It's not awful, but he plays for one of the most run first teams in the league, and he's been fairly awful. Could've gone to Roddy White also, but he is carrying an injury

Desean Jackson, mid rounder - 41.70 points

Just been a beast so far for me in the Chip Kelly offence, and it's a good job too.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:03 pm

For me in an ESPN league.

David Wilson, second round pick - minus 2 points
Awful. Even ceding goal line work to Jacobs.

No real (unexpected) studs to shout to about in any of my leagues...

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

In my twitter league I took David Wilson in round 2 and Tannehill in round 13.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:23 pm

Laugh

I've been burned by David "fumble machine" Wilson too. I've signed Jacobs to handcuff him, but my RBs are a sorry bunch.

Chris Ivory is my number 2 option.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm

I picked up James Starks in place of Ol' Butterfingers Wilson.

Jacobs has 4 carries for a whopping 1 yard according to the fantasy stats. Think Scott has a better chance of taking the every down job but that scares me more than leaving Wilson in.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:32 pm

I've left Wilson in for that reason...what else can they really do?

I grabbed Starks off the wire too. Luckily my terrible 0-2 record meant I had first dibs.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:04 pm

My dud has to be Sidney Rice. I know he was not 100% out of preseason but 4.8 in two games?

Stud has to Julius Thomas - just wish I'd drafted him instead of FA, and maybe I'd have had a chance of winning in week 1.

Honourable mention to RGIII, considering how badly the Skins have played so far.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Wed 18 Sep 2013, 3:11 pm

Also got Sam Bradford, who's got a monster 46pts... just a shame he's been warming the bench as i've been playing Brees (33pts) Laugh 

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm

Keeper
Where do I start!

Stud - Rotational Defences 22.00 pts: The Buccanners (10.00) points in week one and the Ravens (12.00 points) in week two have outscored all non QBs on my team for the season with the exception of Dez Bryant who outscores them by a mind boggling 0.30 points year to date.
Not bad for a 15th rounder.

Dud - Maurice Jones Drew 7.30 pts & Ray Rice 15.60 pts: My top two picks have stunk up the joint. What's worse is I have little in the way of RB back ups having signed the pair up as week in week out starters who wouldn't need rotating... and an accidental over draft of Jonathan Stewart when I didn't realise he was on the PUP.
My general plight is worsened by the fact I could also throw Kenny Britt (4.30 pts) and the aforementioned Jonathan Stewart (0.00 points) into the mix.

West
Stud - LeSean McCoy 41.60 pts: I think the only person I can legitimately go for is Shady McCoy. I grabbed him at number 7 as the last of the "elite" RBs, but a few of the guys above him haven't shown as well and his potential this year is pretty high now we have seen the Chip Kelly offence.

Dud - Dwayne Bowe 14.60 pts: I have a few players that have done fairly average, but i'm still winning (which is what counts). Bowe laid an egg in week 1 and I don't have much depth at WR and I need him to big up his role

Last edited by crazy_dave23 on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clumsy typos)

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 18 Sep 2013, 10:23 pm

Stud: Jordan Cameron - drafted him in 4 of my 9 leagues and so far has 30+ points depending on scoring system. He has been Weeden's number 1 target and is a serious red zone threat. Josh Gordon is back this week but I can still see him roaming around the middle of the field and end zone picking up points. Gordon can increase Cameron's effectiveness as he stretches the field and draws coverage.

Dud: Fred Davis - I was counting on him becoming RG3's second target behind Garcon and getting most Red Zone looks too. However, he has been very disappointing and rarely targeted. When he does get thrown the ball, it's a check down on a 5 yard route which amounts to little fantasy value. Screw you, Fred Davis.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:14 pm

Dud(s) -- my kicker outscored Trent Richardson, Fitz, VJax, and Mike Williams combined last Sunday -- and no, he didn't kick 10 field goals. It was truly wretched to behold. With the trade to Indy, I'm hoping Richardson will be transformed into the Stud I thought I was drafting in those heady, optimistic days of August. Unless someone kicks Josh Freeman in the ass and reminds him he's in a contract year, I fear my Tampa receivers will have very pedestrian numbers all season.

My team has been lackluster at best with no one who deserves the title of Stud standing up tall. Shane Vereen gave me more points that I dared hope for, but then the fantasy football gods realized he was on my team and broke his wrist to teach me humility after last season's successful championship run. Sam Bradford outscored (from my bench, mind you) my starter Matt Ryan in their head to head match up last week. Ben Tate has been more effective than Arian Foster, but the Texans refuse to give him more carries. I may have to ask for my money back on my Arian Foster voodoo doll.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm

think i might have to add Kapernick and the 49 D to the dud list... Crying or Very sad 

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

After 3 weeks mine are

606 west
Studs
Julio Jones 48 pts
Duds
Lamar Miller 20 pts 3rd rd pick
Montee bell 8 pts 4th rd

606 Keeper