The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 6 Homepage 1

+11
Adam D
jai.roberts
Marky
NickisBHAFC
Thunder87
Gregers
The_Enigma
x12x
Bull
Fernando
ncfc_Tooze
15 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Season 6 Homepage 1 - Page 9 Empty Season 6 Homepage 1

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the World Wrestling Association!

Noticeboard

Next Show DEADLINE-13/10/2013

Next VOTING Due- 16/10/13

Please use this thread to chat, relax, have fun and play games like lemmings or similar, dont forget that the forum rules still apply here, so please still abide by them  

The League

MWF- ncfc_Tooze
- Thunder87
- xViperx
- NickisBHAFC
- Fernando/The_Enigma
- jai.roberts
- JJ Johnson
- Gregers
*Links to pages will be added as they are created

Rules

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Fri 09 May 2014, 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Homepage 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Season 6 Homepage 1

Post by The_Enigma Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:28 pm

Don't worry about it Thunder, you're normally consistent with tactics and voting , so if Fernando didn't have them we knew something was up. Anyway I'll stop babbling on and get the results posted...

Week 2 Results

nXtreme 3-3 KLIQ

OPAL 0-6 NGPW

WOW 6-0 MWF

ASWF 4-2 PWW

Unless either Tooze/Fernando beat me to it, I'll post feedback tomorrow morning guys!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

Ummm, wow, thank you guys very much

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:21 pm

Feedback for Week 2

NXtreme
nXtreme: Pretty good show, great storyline progression and main event, rest of the show didn't flow too well though and I wasn't a fan of Joe wrestling twice, kinda shows a lack of depth in the roster.

nXtreme: Another consistently good show with a main-event worthy of closing any show. Playing to nXtreme's heritage, the appointment of JBL as GM really works with the tone of the show. All matches/segments were written superbly as the show flowed together really nicely. Only criticism is that there weren't any surprises in the tournament.

nXtreme once again shows why nXtreme has lasted as long and done as well as it has over the 5 past seasons, this weeks show is no different playing on it's past in WWA as well as showing progress to the future. I continue to love the way the title tournament works as it provides a change to the usual system, the matches themselves are well written and I feel as if the booking for each show has been thought out to the smallest of details. The tension/respect between the Wolves was an interesting idea and it's just a shame that due to injury we won't get a full match between the two of them as with Greggers style I can tell it would be a great fight. My only criticism would be the fact that I felt the winners of each match felt a little predictable but this didn't take away the enjoyment of the show. I think overall, aside from the tournament structure my favourite thing is the use of JBL as the show GM, it gives nXtreme a realistic feel having had JBL in previous seasons as a wrestler but due to his age him taking a job on the show. Greggers does well to create a feeling of pride about nXtreme in JBL. Overall a really strong show that is a great inspiration for anybody taking part in WWA.

-----------------------------------------------------------

KLIQ

Kliq: Improvement on last week's show, storyline seems well developed and looking forward to next week. Enjoyed it. As a wrestling show it's not brilliant, but as an all round show it is.

KLIQ: I probably enjoyed this show more than what I should have done. Loved the comedy, most of the jokes and the Super Hero's in Training is hilarious! The Prize Fighter Title is something very unique, almost like a throw back to 80's wrestling. Curious to see who's involved with BBBM, but apart from that there was way to much Dr.X with a couple of stables being thrown together.

For a second week in a row Kliq produced a hilarious show that didn't let the humour get in the way of serious booking and great story telling. Kliq has done well to create some original ideas including the prize fight title that continues to keep the fed fresh as well as the mysterious BBBM which at the moment may be their strongest part of the show. I liked the use of factions though I think some of the teaming up seems a little forced though this would possibly reflect the feeling in the roster knowing they'd have to team up to survive. Overall I really like the product and it will be interested to have some questions answered, who is Dr X? Who is/are BBBM? When was MVP released from WWE? I have very little to criticise for this week's Kliq Wrestling as the show was really enjoyable to read with what comes across as smart booking, apart from the forced teams I would say that alongside NGPW Kliq has produced my favourite show of the week.

----------------------------------------------------------------

OPAL

OPAL: Enjoyed the show, some decent matches and good storyline progression. Up against the show to beat this week which is unfortunate for you.

OPAL had another good week, not a fan of the commentary highlights at the end of the match though. I like the fact that the women are getting good airitme and stories.

Jai in only OPAL's second week has shown a great improvement from last week's already strong show. The show felt more entertaining and I felt you could really see an improvement in his storytelling style and I could feel myself getting invested in certain aspects of the show including the Crowe/Christian feud and even the Chickfight story, which is nice to see as a lot of the time Diva's matches can easily come across as filler. While AR Fox and Silas Young was a good match I felt that a few of the matches felt as if they could use more depth especially the Chris Jericho/Chris Hero match. I also felt the use of commentary after the match to be a bit confusing as it broke up the flow of the match. Overall a strong show and a good step forward for OPAL with, only a few minor things to fix.

OPAL:
- The comentatory highlights are a superb touch
- Von Eerie and MsChif, perfect writing!
- Hero vs Jericho on free TV!
Dislike
- A small thing but don't feel you need to have titles on the line every week

--------------------------------------------------------

NGPW

NGPW: Great show, best show of Week 1 and Week 2 didn't let me down. Great main event and nice twist as I wrongly presumed Punk would win the title!

NGPW was the star of week 1 and the standard hasn't dipped. Really good show again and I didn't expect Punk to lose in the title, it will be good to see his feud with Cesaro develop.

For a second week in a row NGPW provides a nearly perfect show making sure that everything was on point. From the small things such as the “previously on NGPW” section to the bigger and more important things such as the building of feuds I felt like a lot of effort had gone in to the entire show from top to bottom. The matches themselves were entertaining and well written with the Tag Team Scramble match being a personal highlight, the feuds are another thing that feel as if they are being built with a lot of effort in to pairing up wrestlers who people would want to see feud such as Steen and Mankind. The only downside of the show, I felt was the World Title match, I would have really liked to see it as the PPV main event but I could see the reasons for it and it was nice to see NGPW not go for the obvious option of Punk being the champion.

NGPW:
- Recap of last weeks show
- The ECW invasion, perfectly put together and played out
- Ciampa beeting Punk for the shock win and the El Generico coming out!
- Good use of the tag team invitational
Dislike
- Steve Corino seams slightly wasted in his current position (proper nitpicking!)

---------------------------------------------------------------

WOW

WOW: A very well written and very enjoyable show. Kept me interested throughout and looking forward to next week.

WOW: Show of the week! Although the segments between matches need trimming down, it was a superbly written show. Really enjoying Bray Wyatt's character and the recruitment of Luke Gallows & Justin Credible worked really well. The teasing of The Undertaker was excellent and with him joining forces with Wyatt, I can't wait to see where this goes.

WOW put on a brilliant show, best of the week imo. The use of Undertaker with Bray Wyatt is a great idea and really looking forward to seeing how the relationship progresses.

This week's WOW carries on where it left off by producing a strong, highly detailed show that managed to feel complex with the amount of storylines taking shape but still flow and feel like a real wrestling show. The positives to me were the smaller things, I feel as if the Briscoe storyline is beginning to make more sense and I think it's a smart way to give a mid carder like Wes Brisco some more relevance. The team of Shark Boy and Hurricane was another part that last week had me confused but through out this weeks show I felt as if their new success was explained pretty with their new manager turning them around. Other positives included the nod to past WWA seasons in the way that Thunder used EGW's version of the Wyatt Family in season 5 to introduce the starting of his own version, I also liked the 6CW reference which I found hilarious and a perfect way to show Trumps lack of wrestling knowledge. Overall the show was really strong with a great twist of having Undertaker working with the Wyatt Family and my only criticism would be that while the length of the show isn't a problem I do believe that certain details could be left out to create a more succinct product.

WOW:
- Bray Wyatt, superb writing for him the whole way through the show, the birth of a new Family and THE UNDERTAKER!
- The whole ending was fantastic
- I'd love to see Wes vs Jay vs Mark Briscoe
Dislike
- A touch too long
- Some more formatting would be nice to break up the text

------------------------------------------------------

MWF

MWF: Some very good matches and the tournaments progressing well. Shame Storm was injured but not sure replacing him worked, postponing it may have been better.

MWF: Time may have had a role in this week's show as it seemed a little brief. Really enjoyed reading the Hardcore match and both World Title Semi-Finals matches made a really strong show. Normally MWF provide competition for any given show but WOW was just to good this week!

The semi finals were good and made the show feel important, unlucky in the draw this week.

MWF as always provides a strong show that provides good matches and a great build towards the culmination of it's first month feuds, although I felt the show felt light I appreciated the action that took place and look forward to next week, I also think that the matches were entertaining and had some interesting choices for who went over. The negatives for me lie in the depth of the show, as stated before the show felt light and by only having five matches I really think MWF missed out on the chance to build an even stronger show as well as missing out on using more of their roster. I felt that Tooze dealt with the Storm injury well and it will be interesting to see where he goes with both Storm and Hawx believing they deserve their place in the tournament final. Overall I enjoyed MWF episode two and despite my slight problems with the depth of it I look forward to the third instalment.

MWF:
- The open ending, cannot wait for next weeks reveal
- A great selection of wrestlers through to the next round
Dislike
- I'd like a bit more "production" stuff, feels very Match/Celebration/Entrances/Match etc. Bit of backstage wouldnt go amiss

--------------------------------------------------------

ASWF

ASWF: Love Vinny Mac as Owner with Big Johnny as GM, Nice to see ADR being used purposefully, Bryan & Kidd seem like an interesting tag team hopefully this leads to an eventual steiner bro's reunion, Seems like Edge is nailed on for the tournament to me but i wouldn't trust Marky to be that basic, Ill give you £20 if you don't go Rock/Austin i hated that the 1st time it's not going to get any better unless one is killed

Enjoyed ASWF, some good stories and real star power. The only downside is that atm it feels like a reworking of the Attitude Era rather than something unique. It's only week 2 so hopefully this will change.

Aswf:
- Superbly written especially with how you've used an inherited roster
- Lita vs Natalya will be a superb feud
- Rock (JL and VKM) vs Austin, lets get that on!
Dislike
-Nothing, show of the week

-------------------------------------

PWW

PWW:
- Senor continues to make me chuckle
- Snooki, a perfect signing for your roster!
- Miz and Bo, the question is how many weeks can you keep the gags coming
Dislike
- Still too long in my opinion
- Not too fond of the car crash during the match, would have worked better outside of one

PWW was shorter this week, still pretty long but a lot better than week 1! I like the S.W.O.R.D. stable, but a lot of the humour misses for me.

PWW: I feel like i was reading TNA's rather special twin, Was hilarious in places with a lot of variety, Quite like SWORD as a group all you need them to slaughter a pig and you can make pork sword jokes. Not as long as last week, Overall was B+ show not something id enjoy watching feel like i turn over after 10 minutes bit like when raw opens to a Cena promo

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:21 pm

WWA Announcement

TP's will be answered all in one tomorrow Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:00 am

" I wasn't a fan of Joe wrestling twice, kinda shows a lack of depth in the roster."

Just to confirm you do get the point of the show this season? And it made me chuckle that Doug Williams and AJ Styles wrestling twice was fine!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:46 am

TNA's rather special twin may be my favourite bit of feedback Laugh

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:14 pm

Are we having wwe/tna offers lads?

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:01 pm

Show 3 up...featuring my favourite Miz and Bo pun so far.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

If your going to do TNA/WWE offer's save yourself some time skip making offers to WOW. I won't accept any offer for any member of my roster, frankly, I love my roster.

Really enjoying Bray Wyatt's character and the recruitment of Luke Gallows & Justin Credible worked really well
This! Who ever said it, thank you. I've been worried about all of this. I wasn't sure my family members were right or how I'd been showing Bray so, to read this has made me happy and more confident in my choice.

Now to write show 3 and hope that I can continue to ride the wave.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:45 am

Gregers wrote:" I wasn't a fan of Joe wrestling twice, kinda shows a lack of depth in the roster."

Just to confirm you do get the point of the show this season? And it made me chuckle that Doug Williams and AJ Styles wrestling twice was fine!
If people don't get the point of the show, shouldn't the onus be on the writer to get that point across?

Anyway surprised and happy to win, didn't expect that at all!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:22 pm

I'm mega busy next week with work/personal stuff so as a favour could I ask for the injuries for PWW now instead of monday otherwise I might struggle to get a show done for the deadline next week.

I understand if it's a no but would be awesome if you could make an exception this one time Smile

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:26 pm

i'd be happy if all the we all got our injuries today, it wouldn't hurt anyone

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:34 pm

done but only as Viper is busy so shall be usual time next draw Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:50 pm

I could have done without that injury as a big match is on for week 4.... oh well will write around it

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:04 pm

Cheers! Not a bad injury! Am I right in saying it's the PPV week after week 4?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 3:05 pm

Ok, so, my biggest star is injured? Meh, I'm good with it.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:49 pm

Show up, sorry its so, long, I tried to shorten it but it didn't feel as good shortened.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:01 am

ASWF up. Little shorter than planned but I didn't get to spend as long as I wanted writing it.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm

Afternoon Guys,

As we're now heading into the final week before the set of PPV's, this week see's newcomer Jai and his OPAL Wrestling promotion make their long awaited debut on the spotlight podcast.

You all know the drill, please post your questions for Jai before Sunday Evening OK 

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:34 pm

Enigma,

Do I answer them as they come in or wait till after Sunday?

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:41 pm

Kliq answered them as they came in Jai - saves having a build up to deal with at the end of the week!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:49 pm

I have a question...I won't be able to make the money for my Jake The Snake foreign Transfer, when will foreigns next be open? I'd like to have him for the first show after the PPV and this coincides with my spotlight which will give me enough to pay for him.

Any chance of a loan? angel

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

Viper, you could always release someone?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm

The deadline is up in 5 minutes and tbh I like my roster size

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 28 Oct 2013, 5:50 pm

Foreign Transfer's will re-open next week during PPV Week Viper. The deadline has now passed so you can't confirm or negotiate your offer. You'll have to make a fresh bid

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 28 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

Noooooooo!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 28 Oct 2013, 6:06 pm

I'm sorry but Viper not being able to confirm was my fault as didnt come online until after 2pm, had I come on before he would have had the offer and therefore the cash to confirm

Due to this i believe he should be allowed to confirm

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 28 Oct 2013, 6:43 pm

I'm fine with having to wait and as I can't be bothered to go on to the nXtreme page I'll confirm the Benoit deal now with you Gregers. The one thing I did notice though is when Nick was in ASWF he confirmed Stone Cold late and was told he'd have to rebid but I don't think he ever did and just confirmed it anyway and it was never punished*

*I'm not saying take him away because obviously Nick is no longer part of WWA and it would'n't be fair on Marky BUT I'm hoping some leniency can come in to play now haha Wink

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:02 pm

Toozey/ Nando - just dropped you a PM - can you have a quick look please.

Ta

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:13 pm

replied adam

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 30 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm

Just a quick reminder that votes are due before Midnight Tonight. If you've already sent them to either Tooze/Fernando then that's fine, but so far I've only had Jai's Results.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:34 pm

Not going to get votes in on time, will do them asap tomorrow. I have a proper excuse though, my daughter is priority as she has a sick bug. No time to sit and read shows when I'm constantly dealing with her!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:50 pm

It's been said many times over in 6CW/EWF real life comes first mate.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:36 am

We're just waiting on Marky's results and we'll have the full set this week (Unless you've already sent them to Tooze/Fernando)

Results with feedback should follow either this afternoon or later this evening...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:43 am

I'm only on mobile currently, my results and feedback wont be until 5pm or so.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:04 am

Fair Enough, Results/Feedback will follow this evening, if not first thing tomorrow morning.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:05 am

Maybe post the results that won't be effected by Marky's vote?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

Nah we got 2 results & 2 non results so far Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm

Results sent to Enigma. Apologies for their lateness.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:26 pm

Thanks for sending them Marky, really appreciate it OK 

Week 3 Quick Results

Nxtreme 4-2 ASWF

Opal 4-2 MWF

PWW 3-3 KLIQ

NGPW 6-0 WOW

Feedback will follow later this evening...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

I love the fact that we are the most average show!!!

Three weeks and three draws!

thanks to the supporters! Will be interesting to see what the feedback is going to be.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:36 pm

Wow didn't expect to win at all this season being my first ... Greatly appreciate the votes

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm

Sharp contrast to last week.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

Yep, although I was up against the show to beat last week, but I didn't expect to win any, i was suprised the first week when I drew....

Although I lost 6-0 last week I had some great feedback and was happy with the show

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:53 pm

Just realised that I'm not going to finish the season on 0 points! I don't mind losing as this season is about being silly and taking the mick but it's nice to see some of my booking get votes!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:04 pm

I think as long as you have fun, you can't really lose. I mean, my shows I write purely for my enjoyment, I know my tastes aren't the same as everyone elses. It's why I don't give feed back, if it wasn't a major part of the WWA I'd abdicate from voting too. XD

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:06 pm

Exactly Thunder I'm writing wrestling that I like ... that's why I wasn't expecting votes lol

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:07 pm

tbh the quality has been quite high this season was quite surprised to win 6-0 this week with Enigma.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:46 pm

From next season I'll be back to doing serious seasons with a brand new name but I won't really care about winning or losing as long as people enjoy the show.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:20 am

This could be a first for WWA!

We are bottom after 3 weeks despite not having lost a match up yet!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next