The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!!

+4
Cyril
formerly known as Sam
maestegmafia
LordDowlais
8 posters

Go down

Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!! Empty Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!!

Post by LordDowlais Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

I have this news from a good source, I have just got back from my holiday a few hours ago and I have been catching up on my gossip, and the news I have been given is that Sam Warburton and Leigh Halfpenny are not going to re-new their contracts and are discussing possible options with big spending clubs in France, it remains to be seen weather or not they will jump ship though, another one I have hered which has less meat on it is Adam Jones is going to have his contract bought out by Racing Metro and he is off at the end of this season as long as he retires from Wales duty, none of this 100 % I might add, but the news on the two boy's from the capital has come from within the Blues circles.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!! Empty Re: Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!!

Post by maestegmafia Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:29 pm

Not good.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!! Empty Re: Romour's going around again, two players leaving Wales !!!

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:05 pm

As I understand if Halfpenny has big money offers from France particularly Clermont and Tolouse. Tigers enquired last summer and might show interest again this summer though that will be dependent on whether the Irish provinces make another move for Niall Morris and whether Tait continues to show brilliant form when he returns from injury.

Halfpenny could pretty much pick whichever club he wanted as his boot is a big bonus to a very good fullback.

Warburton is probably not going to get offers from English clubs (he wouldn't represent value for money) but a few French clubs might take a look at him, Racing Metro probably being favourite. I think Adam Jones has said he'll retire from international rugby after the 2015 RWC and might go to France after that.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:12 pm

The Rugby Paper reported that Toulon have made an offer for Warburton.

I guess they haven't been watching his form for the Blues (when he plays that is)!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:13 pm

Is it true that french clubs are going to get triple the revenue from their next tv deal? There will be no players left for us especially if the HC goes and they expand to 16 teams or more!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:28 pm

Cyril, that is what I have been told.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 20 Sep 2013, 8:09 pm

Toulon? Sheesh I wouldn't if I were him. Brilliant location and the money will be tasty but he might be watching the big games from the sidelines as the backrow options there are pretty jaw dropping.

Wales need to man up and say if you go then there's no chance of another cap for you. Bring that in at the same time as central contracts and suddenly things will change.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz75 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:12 pm

Hi, first time poster, long term visitor finally registering and posting, my view is that it depends on where your loyalty lies? For Blues fans it is bad news if two of your best players leave, but if you only think of the Welsh national side then it is not all bad. Warburton and Halfpenny going overseas should lead to two more young Welsh players getting game time at the Blues. Looking at the French, can anyone say that the situation with their club sides is benefitting the national side? As oppose to the Welsh side being talked about as potential World Cup winners? As a Northampton follower, as excited as I am about seeing George North in the green, black and gold I do worry that his arrival at FG will limit the game time that Jamie Elliot gets and the Scarlets will blood a new young Welsh winger whilst an young English winger like Elliot will see their career stall

Baz75

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 21 Sep 2013, 6:28 am

Financially you can't blame anyone going, the money that French rugby has and are paying is virtually impossible to turn down.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 21 Sep 2013, 6:37 am

Its the Blues. They've the potential be Huge but flounder every season. Hardly an attractive place for top class players like Halfp, Warb n Cuthbert? ( sorry Blues fans Erm ) Plus these playes hardly seem to play for them. I wouldn't begrude A Jones going to France to top up his wedge. The guys been a beast for 10 yrs at the O's...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:28 am

Bread,

Its true to a degree that if a Club/Region is performing well and regulalry getting to latter stages of cup comps and regulalry challenging for league honours then its easier for a player to stay in place but the money the French are throwing about is still very very tempting.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:06 am

Warburton has said in interviews he wants to see how they do in the Heino this season, before he decides. That they've just fallen to a defeat at home to Zebre probably won't help matters though.

I really don't rate Phil Davies as a head coach and I'm sure players like Sam and HP must have ambition of being coached by a better standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down