The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zebre win the game so can get things moving.

4 posters

Go down

Zebre win the game so can get things moving. Empty Zebre win the game so can get things moving.

Post by Brendan Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:33 am

As PC has such a big interest in Zebre i fell bad starting this instead of him but here is my take.

Last year they were close in a few games but couldn't close them out and were lacking self belief.

With the signing of leonard many questioned why he would go there or what effect he would have. I think he is like the SA
players at Ulster who changed them as they were leaders and knew how to win.

Now i am not saying they are going to romp home but i think they have now broken the egg so they wont be carring that metal bagage with them in the last ten mins of the game.

They do score a fair bit but also concede alot so until they work on their defense they will only win a few.

Does anything change for you now that you know they have won and away from home?

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Zebre win the game so can get things moving. Empty Re: Zebre win the game so can get things moving.

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:44 am

Zebre are a good team this season. This result is no surprise... They were beating Munster 18 - 9 last week at HT. They did well to get back in to Connacht the week before. This result says much more about how Zebre have improved than anything else...

Last nights result were fantastic for Italian rugby and should be praised.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Zebre win the game so can get things moving. Empty Re: Zebre win the game so can get things moving.

Post by Brendan Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm

It is interesting that after this week they will be the third highest scores. But they have the most points conceeded.

Last year the average was about 13 for and 25against. This year it is 23 for and 32 against. If they tighten up defense they become like Treviso really hard to beat up front and winning more games.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:46 pm

Its only a matter of time... It will be great to see how much this has strengthened Italian Rugby come the HEC and then 6 Nations.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm

I think it says more about Blues than Zebre to be honest.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sat 21 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

Cyril wrote:I think it says more about Blues than Zebre to be honest.
I suspect Zebre will win a few more games this season, which will put this Blues performance in perspective.

Leonard is a astute signing. He will marshal his forwards and let them know what he wants from them. Italian sides have the brute strength to compete but lack discipline and direction. Having the experience the ex All Black will offer should help them grow. I'd still have question marks at Fly Half but there is no doubt he will improve the team.

If Munster, Leinster or Ulster had lost to Zebre we would all be talking about how well Zebre played to win so its probably a touch harsh on the Blues.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down