The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September

+25
Alba gu brath
VinceWLB
GLove39
TJ
Totalflanker
Solid8
Pat_Mustard
luvtotup
reallybored
maestegmafia
Captain_Sensible
alexgmacdonald
InjuredYetAgain
IanBru
poddy89
21st Century Schizoid Man
jimbopip
RDW
funnyExiledScot
munkian
Brendan
tigertattie
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
George Carlin
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September - Page 4 Empty Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September

Post by George Carlin Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Zebre v Glasgow Warriors

Friday 27 September 2013, KO 19:30
Stadio XXV Aprile, Parma

Referee: Dudley Phillips (IRFU, 37th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Matteo Liperini, Filippo Bertolli (both FIR)
Citing Commissioner: Marco Cordelli (FIR)
TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)

LIVE on BBC ALBA and Mediaset

A. Teams:

I. Zebre coffee 
15 Ruggero TREVISAN
14 David ODIETE
13 Kameli RATUVOU
12 Matteo PRATICHETTI
11 Leonardo SARTO
10 Luciano ORQUERA
9 Brendon LEONARD

8 Samuela VUNISA
7 Andries VAN SCHALKWYK
6 Mauro BERGAMASCO
5 Marco BORTOLAMI (cap)
4 George BIAGI
3 Dario CHISTOLINI
2 Andrea MANICI
1 Salvatore PERUGINI

Replacements :
16 Tommaso D'APICE
17 Matias AGUERO
18 Carlo FAZZARI
19 Emiliano CAFFINI
20 Filippo CRISTIANO
21 Alberto CHILLON
22 Tommaso IANNONE
23 Giovanbattista VENDITTI

II. Glasgow monkey
15. Sean Maitland
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Gabriel Ascarate
12. Alex Dunbar
11. Byron McGuigan
10. Ruaridh Jackson
9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Gordon Reid
2. Dougie Hall
3. Jon Welsh
4. Rob Harley
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. James Eddie
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Josh Strauss

16. Fraser Brown
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Moray Low
19. Jonny Gray
20. Tyrone Holmes
21. Richie Vernon
22. Niko Matawalu
23. Scott Wight

B. Form - head to head:

2 Played 2
0 Wins 2
2 Losses 0
0 Draws 0
3 Tries 8
3 Conversions 6
6 Penalties 2
0 Drop Goals 0
39 Points 58
26 Avg. Age 25

C. Form - last season:

Friday 28 September 2012, 19:35: Scotstoun
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 19 Zebre

Sunday 10 February 2013, 15:05: Stadio XXV Aprile
Zebre 20 - 36 Glasgow Warriors

D. Glasgow fans lexicon:

Time on these boards has demonstrated that Glasgow fans use an uncommonly broad selection of nicknames and slang to describe the various members of their team.

For those unfamiliar with this gibberish:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ angel - Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 6:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September - Page 4 Empty Re: Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:16 am

jimbopip wrote:Schiz, I was aware angel was not playing. I referred to Gabriel as Angel coz I'm very theologically inclined at times. No Maits and Angel linked brilliantly at times and if we have Angel, Horne, Dunbar, angel Shlong and Murchie all fit then poor Vernon might have to play in the pack: for a rest presumably.

Off message time
The letter for today is F as in feckin'ell.  We arrived at Wanstead yesterday and I blithely announced that last time I played ther we had arrived with12 men and they gave us 2 who had conscientious objections to tackling and we got hammered. I had got so incensed with their fullback's grandstanding and Wendyball type behaviour that I put I high ball up and as he caught it dropped my shoulder and hit him as hard as I could. So hard in fact I popped rib cartilage which gave me no little pain over the next week or so.Oh how we laughed when I related this pre-match. Can you guess what happened next? I bet you can? Midway through the second half our winger makes a try saving tackle just short of the line which they recycle quickly. Their flanker tries to go over but I hold him up. I decide not to go to ground as we don't have numbers there yet and if we can hold him up we should get the put in at the scrum. My team mates get behind me and start driving. His team mates get behind him, but we're going forward, my plan is working perfectly. Somehow his shoulder has dropped just below my ribs just as two of his team hit the maul with serious intent. Shoulder drives in and up and I get to hear a funny grinding scraping noise as my lower ribs become much more closely acquainted with each other than is strictly polite. I lasted until the next scrum when I realised that pushing was not as much fun as sticking knitting needles in my eyes. MrsPip has maintained her admirable record of not noticing or commenting upon self inflicted stupidity. But the letter for today is definitely F.
Eh Jimbo ffs remember yourself !!!!

Back to top Go down

Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September - Page 4 Empty Re: Zebre v Glasgow Warriors, 27 September

Post by jimbopip Sun 29 Sep 2013, 3:49 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Schiz, I was aware angel was not playing. I referred to Gabriel as Angel coz I'm very theologically inclined at times. No Maits and Angel linked brilliantly at times and if we have Angel, Horne, Dunbar, angel Shlong and Murchie all fit then poor Vernon might have to play in the pack: for a rest presumably.

Off message time
The letter for today is F as in feckin'ell.  We arrived at Wanstead yesterday and I blithely announced that last time I played ther we had arrived with12 men and they gave us 2 who had conscientious objections to tackling and we got hammered. I had got so incensed with their fullback's grandstanding and Wendyball type behaviour that I put I high ball up and as he caught it dropped my shoulder and hit him as hard as I could. So hard in fact I popped rib cartilage which gave me no little pain over the next week or so.Oh how we laughed when I related this pre-match. Can you guess what happened next? I bet you can? Midway through the second half our winger makes a try saving tackle just short of the line which they recycle quickly. Their flanker tries to go over but I hold him up. I decide not to go to ground as we don't have numbers there yet and if we can hold him up we should get the put in at the scrum. My team mates get behind me and start driving. His team mates get behind him, but we're going forward, my plan is working perfectly. Somehow his shoulder has dropped just below my ribs just as two of his team hit the maul with serious intent. Shoulder drives in and up and I get to hear a funny grinding scraping noise as my lower ribs become much more closely acquainted with each other than is strictly polite. I lasted until the next scrum when I realised that pushing was not as much fun as sticking knitting needles in my eyes. MrsPip has maintained her admirable record of not noticing or commenting upon self inflicted stupidity. But the letter for today is definitely F.
Eh Jimbo ffs remember yourself  !!!!
Have been unable to attend weekly torture sessions with Bigson at the gym due to ribs. N.B. Not a good time to trawl DFS with MrsPip, getting up and down X1000 not a good thing. We have had an lad from the city in New Zealand where the Blues play and I can't spell playing for us while on holiday. He is the best tackler at our level I have seen, and has a typical Kiwi attitude to the game. Apparently in the clubhouse he sought out Bigson to say, "Your dad today! I was really impressed mate." I don't care about the pain. Kiwi, Impressed Me.Yahoo  How sad am I?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm

Good Man Jimbo - yer a trooper and no mistake. Ye can take the boy out of Maryhill ........etc.etc.etc Whistle 

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 5:01 am

Schiz - is the School of Hard Knocks episode with Big Al viewable online?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4