The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Conference Finals

2 posters

Go down

Western Conference Finals Empty Western Conference Finals

Post by calamity jane Fri 13 May 2011, 12:52 pm

And finally we know which of the Western teams are going to be battling for a place in the Stanley Cup final.

Unlike in the East where the Bruins and the Lightning both swept their opponents last week and have had a well-deserved rest, the Westerns teams have all had pretty gruelling series.

The Vancouver Canucks eventually overcame the Nashville Predators, winning the series 4-2, which was pretty much what people expected.

The other match-up between the Detroit Red Wings and the San Jose Sharks finally ended last night with a victory for the Sharks. They had led the series 3-0, but like the Flyers last year, the Red Wings clawed it back to 3-3 to set up a thrilling game seven. Sadly the Wings couldn't pull off a miracle and the Western Conference final will be between the Canucks and the Sharks.

I have to confess that I don't pay as much attention to the West as I do the East, but I'm sticking with my original prediction and say the Canucks will win the series 4-3.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Western Conference Finals Empty Re: Western Conference Finals

Post by Enforcer Sat 14 May 2011, 9:44 pm

I'm the same, pay more attention to the East as the timings are usually more UK friendly!

I had the Sharks to win the West and while I'm less confident after their wobble - I'm sticking with them!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 16 May 2011, 7:30 pm

The Canucks needed only 79 third period seconds to undo the Sharks' promising work in Game 1 of the West finals. Two quickfire goals overturned the Sharks lead to gove Vancouver a 3-2 win in the series opener.

A tired Sharks team, recovering from their Game 7 decider against Detroit will look to offer sterner resistance when the teams meet again on Wednesday in Game 2. The Sharks won't want to take a two game defecit back to San Jose and will look to tie the series up.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 19 May 2011, 10:28 am

After leading the Sharks 3-2 at the end of the second, Vancouver managed to find four goals in the third to emphatically take game 2!

I was expecting a Sharks fightback last night, can anyone see one appearing once they get back on home ice?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Tue 24 May 2011, 11:38 pm

It's not looking too good for the Sharks now. They're 3-1 down in the series with game five in Vancouver tonight.

And the Sedins are on fire. This pass from Henrik Sedin, through the goalie's legs was sublime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb8pZCl9gqE

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down