The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh well, looks like my information was correct.

+8
ScarletSpiderman
St John The Enforcer
nathan
Luckless Pedestrian
Cyril
HammerofThunor
GunsGerms
LordDowlais
12 posters

Go down

Oh well, looks like my information was correct. Empty Oh well, looks like my information was correct.

Post by LordDowlais Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:54 pm

Who is next on the production line ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/all-about/wales%20rugby%20team

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Oh well, looks like my information was correct. Empty Re: Oh well, looks like my information was correct.

Post by GunsGerms Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:04 pm

Pity. Wales have started producing some of their best players in years and they are all leaving. Cardiff, Ospreys or Scarletts could all be a force in the HCup is their players all came back.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Oh well, looks like my information was correct. Empty Re: Oh well, looks like my information was correct.

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:33 pm

Does that say anything other that Toulon are leading the way in the offers (in fact it doesn't even say they've offered anything)? Note that nothing is in quotes, even from a club 'insider'. The article is really about the WRU and RRW getting together to figure out how to keep him in Wales with £1M swag bag. Not gone yet. Also if he goes he needs to take a little pay cut to ensure he get's released for the extra weekends the others do.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:43 pm

It tells me that the vultures are circling, and that is enough for me, but at least it will give another young Welsh player a chance to shine.thumbsup 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm

Looks like Welsh players will get to participate in the Rugby Champions Cup after all.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:51 pm

If he wants to leave, let him leave. He went on a long losing streak with the Blues, punctuated by (eventual) success with Wales and the Lions, and now he's back with the Blues he's experiencing losing again. Losing is no fun, whether you're an amateur or a professional player. The money's only part of it, albeit a significant part.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:57 pm

Cyril wrote:Looks like Welsh players will get to participate in the Rugby Champions Cup after all.
lol naughty!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:40 pm

nathan wrote:
Cyril wrote:Looks like Welsh players will get to participate in the Rugby Champions Cup after all.
lol naughty!
And the award for sh1test name for a competition ever goes to.........

They probably made no effort because they know a match will never be played.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:
nathan wrote:
lol naughty!

oh i don't know, some of the sponsored names are pretty poo! Rabo? Aviva?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

Surely it will end up being sponsored if it goes ahead, after all its unlike the prl to miss a chance to squeeze things for the most cash they can get.

Anyway, there will always be rumours of the top players being wanted elsewhere, lets wait and see what happens before we get too uptight.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

nathan wrote:
nathan wrote:
lol naughty!

fair enough. Not quite as bad though

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 26 Sep 2013, 1:14 am

nathan wrote:
nathan wrote:
lol naughty!

fair enough. Not quite as bad though
Well if it does go ahead with that name you guys will have to stop making fun of our Rugby Championship Tournament.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 2:24 pm

It will soon be a lot more interesting to follow the Top14 than the Pro12 at this rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

Nick Kennedy commentating on BT's Top14 coverage at the weekend said he thought the suggestion that Halfpenny was in Toulon for the weekend was just a contract negotiation ploy with Cardiff by agents.  He said that Toulon like to roll out the red carpet for prospective players, a tour of the facilities and club on a match day weekend, meet the squad and with Boudjellal insisting on meeting them personally to eye them up and see how enthused they are to play for the club.  Toulon were playing away this weekend though, several hours away in the Alps, with Boudjellal present and apparently also quite critically Tom Whitford, the team manager who specifically looks after all the foreign players.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

The Top 14 is destroying club rugby .

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:The Top 14 is destroying club rugby .
Is it really having that much of an impact of the AIL?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 01 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
Yes. Did you see last weekend's matches?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 01 Oct 2013, 5:52 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:
Yes.  Did you see last weekend's matches?
No. But then I don't have a reference point as I didn't see what it was like before the T14 started destroying it.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down