The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going on holiday.

+8
Notch
George Carlin
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
TJ
broadlandboy
LondonTiger
Portnoy's Complaint
12 posters

Go down

Going on holiday. Empty Going on holiday.

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:17 pm

V2 is not good for my mental health as it becomes obsessive so I'm off for a fortnight of R&R.

I'll accept PMs regarding any queries regarding any Ulster v Tigers meet-up. Other than that I'm in read-only mode.

I'll be back at roughly 14:15 on 11/10.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Going on holiday. Empty Re: Going on holiday.

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:V2 is not good for my mental health as it becomes obsessive so I'm off for a fortnight of R&R.

I'll accept PMs regarding any queries regarding any Ulster v Tigers meet-up. Other than that I'm in read-only mode.

Read only mode can be just as bad for your health.

I reckon for everyones personal well-being, we should all be "banned" for every second week.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

That would nearly double the number of registered accounts

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:41 pm

A post limit might help me. censored 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:41 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Portnoy's Complaint wrote:V2 is not good for my mental health as it becomes obsessive so I'm off for a fortnight of R&R.

I reckon for everyones personal well-being, we should all be "banned" for every second week.
Laugh clap

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

I swear some posters here are in write-only mode.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 28 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I swear some posters here are in write-only mode.
Some are in 'wrong-only' mode.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 28 Sep 2013, 2:18 pm

Laugh 

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 28 Sep 2013, 7:12 pm

Living up to your name GC Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 28 Sep 2013, 7:15 pm

It does get under your skin doesn't it? I used to just read for years...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 28 Sep 2013, 7:19 pm

Notch wrote:Living up to your name GC Wink
I try for the funny. I really do try hard. Hug
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 28 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

Well, I went on holiday a short while back, and I came back to the soap opera which is the European Rugby fiasco.  Once I stopped laughing, I went on holiday again.  I just got back and things have not improved.  Consequently, I blame myself for this mess.  When Portnoy goes away, I am afraid all hell will break loose.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 28 Sep 2013, 8:01 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Well, I went on holiday a short while back, and I came back to the soap opera which is the European Rugby fiasco.  Once I stopped laughing, I went on holiday again.  I just got back and things have not improved.  Consequently, I blame myself for this mess.  When Portnoy goes away, I am afraid all hell will break loose.
Same here. Went away for just over a week without any internet access. Came back and after a few days logged. And it turned out the French weren't after just a change in the date of the HEC final! Who knew?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 11 Oct 2013, 2:36 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Prophetic words from LT. Pity that he and HammerofThunor didn't take a bit of leave rather than being driven from the board.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:02 pm

You're late back Portnoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:05 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Prophetic words from LT. Pity that he and HammerofThunor didn't take a bit of leave rather than being driven from the board.
HT seems to be at least browsing. LT last time on this site 'unknown' Crying or Very sad 

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:15 pm

Griff wrote:You're late back Portnoy.
I had to pop into the local store to purchase a ticket for the hat band of my topper, Griff. "In this style 10/6".

LT wrote:It's about time the RFU detailed their position and aligned themselves with either the PRL or Rugby.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24412491

If this story had been the RFU warning PRL clubs - maestegmafia would be all over it - but it is not so it is ignored.

Apparently I am a PRL apologist, despite regularly criticising McGafferty. I realy wish he was the only one to blame in this mess - then it would be easy to fix, but he isn't. Sadly too many people are willing to believe 100% the pap being fed from their own side in the matter.

I have finally had enough of his rabid xenophobia, and I am out of here. Through this site, the Beeb one and the old ScrumV board it has been good (and bad) times.

I will miss most of you, and I will miss debating rugby with passionate fans of all clubs and countries. However the hatred maetegmafia continues to hurl towards everything English means I cannot read these boards without getting angry. And life is too short for that. Putting him on ignore does not help, as he insists on writing Sensationalist Headlines to his articles.

I know I will not be missed - especially not by that hateful little man.
A sad way for a good man to disappear.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm

I had to pop into the local store to purchase a ticket for the hat band of my topper, Griff. "In this style 10/6".

LT wrote:It's about time the RFU detailed their position and aligned themselves with either the PRL or Rugby.

If this story had been the RFU warning PRL clubs - maestegmafia would be all over it - but it is not so it is ignored.

Apparently I am a PRL apologist, despite regularly criticising McGafferty. I realy wish he was the only one to blame in this mess - then it would be easy to fix, but he isn't. Sadly too many people are willing to believe 100% the pap being fed from their own side in the matter.

I have finally had enough of his rabid xenophobia, and I am out of here. Through this site, the Beeb one and the old ScrumV board it has been good (and bad) times.

I will miss most of you, and I will miss debating rugby with passionate fans of all clubs and countries. However the hatred maetegmafia continues to hurl towards everything English means I cannot read these boards without getting angry. And life is too short for that. Putting him on ignore does not help, as he insists on writing Sensationalist Headlines to his articles.

What a shame....

Anyway - welcome back Portnoy.

stub

Back to top Go down

Going on holiday. Empty GOOD JOB...............

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:13 pm

Damn it!  
LT is a fine bloke and a good Rugby guy.  WTF are we doing here?
The amity which existed immediately post 606 was great, and made all discussion possible.   Now, flushed down the loo.  
I hope everyone feels proud of themselves.  Maybe he is right (as usual).

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down