The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October

+32
RDW
allyt2k
alive555
GLove39
Alba gu brath
bsando
BuzzScarlet
The Saint
alexgmacdonald
cakeordeath
Captain_Sensible
Luckless Pedestrian
Totalflanker
TJ
Jenifer McLadyboy
Totallybiasedscarlet
Casartelli
jimbopip
flyhalffactory
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
VinceWLB
Stone Motif
Tramptastic
Weegie Wizard
Manky-Flanker
ScarletSpiderman
St John The Enforcer
reallybored
funnyExiledScot
George Carlin
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October Empty Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:26 am

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors

Saturday 5 October 2013, KO: 18:30
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli

Referee: Giuseppe Vivarini (FIR, 8th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Chris Williams, Phil Fear (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Ray Wilton (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

LIVE on S4C/BBC ALBA

A. Teams:

I. Scarlets
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October Scarle11

15 Liam Williams
14 Nick Reynolds
13 Jon Davies (c)
12 Gareth Maule
11 Jordan Williams
10 Rhys Priestland
9 Rhodri Williams

1 Phil John
2 Ken Owens
3 Jacobie Adriaanse
4 George Earle
5 Joe Snyman
6 Josh Turnbull
7 John Barclay
8 Rob McCusker

Replacements: Emyr Phillips, Rob Evans, Rhodri Jones, Jake Ball, Aaron Shingler, Aled Davies, Steve Shingler, Adam Warren.

II. Glasgow
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October Glasgo13

15. Sean Maitland
14. Niko Matawalu
13. Mark Bennett
12. Alex Dunbar
11. Sean Lamont
10. Duncan Weir
9. Chris Cusiter

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Moray Low
4. Tim Swinson
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. Robert Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Richie Vernon

16. Fraser Brown
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Jon Welsh
19. James Eddie
20. Adam Ashe
21. Scott Wight
22. Gabriel Ascarate
23. DTH van der Merwe

B. Form - head to head:

22 Played 22
12 Wins 10
10 Losses 12
0 Draws 0
61 Tries 58
30 Conversions 41
56 Penalties 50
1 Drop Goals 2
536 Points 528
24 Avg. Age 25

C. Form - last season:

Friday 7 September 2012, 19:35: Scotstoun
Glasgow Warriors 13 - 18 Scarlets

Friday 12 April 2013, 19:05:Parc y Scarlets
Scarlets 29 - 6 Glasgow Warriors

D. Glasgow fans lexicon:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ angel - Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Now that we've beaten Leinster and Ulster, could Scarlets correctly be described as Glasgow's bogey team?

I think that the only other side which beat us home and away last season was Leinster.

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October Empty Re: Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:11 am

Having watched the Scarlets on Friday I think the Glasgow pack will have the edge, however watch that Scarlets midfield and your outside defence like a hawk, and if you're going to kick, make sure the chase is very good indeed.

The Scarlets didn't make much headway against the Edinburgh defence, but when half chances cropped up the Scarlets were ruthless. Priestland and Liam Williams in particular played an excellent kicking game, and some of the touches from JD2 were pure class. Basic things like knowing when to delay and release the pass to put people into space, and timing his runs.

Although the Scarlets scrummaged pretty well against us, I think the hard-edged Glasgow pack will do a number on them. I also think that Glasgow are very unlikely to adopt Edinburgh's tactic of kicking the ball away at every opportunity (without a chase), and I expect Glasgow to cause more problems with ball in hand (the best Edinburgh breaks came through the middle from Dickinson and Basilia - neither were supported).

I reckon Glasgow to win by 5 points, but no bonus point.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October Empty Re: Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October

Post by reallybored Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:17 am

Gray or Kellock at 5?

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

I'd go first choice with Swinson and Kellock for this one - use Gray as an impact sub.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:31 am

Come on Scarlets. Someone has to take these feckers down before they run away with it.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:34 am

St John The Enforcer wrote:Come on Scarlets. Someone has to take these feckers down before they run away with it.
Plenty of time for that yet, Ulster were running away with the Rabo last season, but they still messed up where it counted.

I hope the Scarlets can sort out their discipline issues before this game, as I think we have more yellow cards this season than in the whole of last season (including the card fest at the library last xmas).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:35 am

Ahhh good old Begby.

Does anyone know when Glasgow list the players registered for HC participation?

As for the Scarlets game, I would like to see Ascarate start as well as Matawalu. Weir on the bench. Hopefully alphabet has gotten over his illness too!

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:57 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
St John The Enforcer wrote:Come on Scarlets. Someone has to take these feckers down before they run away with it.
Plenty of time for that yet, Ulster were running away with the Rabo last season, but they still messed up where it counted.
They still topped the league though, and only capacity issues in their ground denied them a home final.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:12 am

Incidentally, because I have a low boredom threshold, I have started to populate match threads with pictures of people associated with the geographical area of the club/franchise. This is easier for some threads than others - see the Blues/Edinburgh post for an example.

The only famous person I know from Llanelli is Keith Allen and I don't want his ugly mug on my thread. If anyone knows of anyone else from Carmarthenshire that you'd rather have, then let me know.

Continuity has clearly been a problem for Warriors in the first couple of games as we cannot seem to be able to build the phases in the way that we did last season. As such, I think that we need to get our first XV back out there before the HC comes round and we have to face down Munster in the next league game. I would go with:

1. Grant
2. Hall
3. Welsh
4. Swinson
5. Kellock
6. Harley
7. Fozzy
8. Strauss

9. Matawalu
10. Jackson
11. DTH/Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

No more p!ssing around. We cannot show anything other than maximum respect to a team who currently has the best recent record against us.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

I think on form this season you'd probably have Maitland at 15 and Seymour at 14 with Hogg on the bench. Surely MacArthur ahead of Hall as well?

In full agreement with the sentiment though. Glasgow need to starting clicking ahead of the HC.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:17 am

George Carlin wrote:Incidentally, because I have a low boredom threshold, I have started to populate match threads with pictures of people associated with the geographical area of the club/franchise. This is easier for some threads than others - see the Blues/Edinburgh post for an example.

The only famous person I know from Llanelli is Keith Allen and I don't want his ugly mug on my thread. If anyone knows of anyone else from Carmarthenshire DYFED (Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceridigion) that you'd rather have, then let me know.

Fixed for you.

How about Max Boyce (technically just outside the area, but a turk none the less),  Cerys Matthews from Catatonia, Cristian Bale (Batman, born in Pembs), or Fiona Phillips.

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

I think there is a feeling that we were at our worst against the Scarlets last year, particularly away from home and so there should be a real desire to win this.
I think the next two games will show us all how serious Glasgow are this year. If we can win this and the Muster game it should show the players that winning the thing this season is realistic.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:37 am

Your selection of Begby to represent Glasgow is flawed surely? Begby is from Leith!! Laugh 

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:47 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Incidentally, because I have a low boredom threshold, I have started to populate match threads with pictures of people associated with the geographical area of the club/franchise. This is easier for some threads than others - see the Blues/Edinburgh post for an example.

The only famous person I know from Llanelli is Keith Allen and I don't want his ugly mug on my thread. If anyone knows of anyone else from Carmarthenshire DYFED (Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceridigion) that you'd rather have, then let me know.

Fixed for you.

How about Max Boyce (technically just outside the area, but a turk none the less),  Cerys Matthews from Catatonia, Cristian Bale (Batman, born in Pembs), or Fiona Phillips.
My bad. Max it is, the crinkley eyed ligind. Have also removed Begbie to appease the pedants. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:48 am

George Carlin wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Fixed for you.

My bad. Max it is, the crinkley eyed ligind. Have also removed Begbie to appease the pedants. OK
Rab C Nesbitt or nothing
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm

Happy now Cool 

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I think on form this season you'd probably have Maitland at 15 and Seymour at 14 with Hogg on the bench. Surely MacArthur ahead of Hall as well?

In full agreement with the sentiment though. Glasgow need to starting clicking ahead of the HC.
Agreed with that, Maitland at 15 is class, Hogg hasn't justified a starting spot so far this season.
Scarlets' scrum has been very impressive so far this season, it will certainly be a big test ahead of Toulon, just a shame Cusack isn't going to play...

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm

Can I ask you boys how long it should take for Barclay to start looking decent. Two matches in and not overly impressed with what I have seen.

I guess the Scarlets will be going into this more or less unchanged from the side that won out in Embra, unless McShingler or his brother are fit.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:46 pm

I'd stick with him. He's a very decent and experienced openside (and I must confess I didn't really understand the penalties the Scarlets were conceding at the breakdown leading up to his yellow card - which was a team card - couldn't hear the explanation from the ref).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:52 pm

He's only two games in after a shoulder op, Spidey, I'd give him some more game time OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm

Barcs is a tremendous player who we should have kept.

Anyway GC must we have Billy 'Unfunny Jobby Keech whatever...' Connolly. What about Lord Kelvin or if you have to have a comedian Kevin Bridges ?

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm

Surely it's only a matter of time before a bronze statue of Al Kellock goes up outside Scotstoun....

Actually I'd go for Ally McCoist as "Glasgow" rep. That'll be universally popular.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 30 Sep 2013, 5:00 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Actually I'd go for Ally McCoist as "Glasgow" rep. That'll be universally popular.
Oh yes, oh yes...

I remember when I went for my job interview a couple years ago before moving to Glasgow, I saw a huge flag hanging from one of the apartments at Anderston Quay - giant union flag with the words 'RANGERS TORY SUPPORTERS CLUB', and Obama-esque pictures of Walter Smith, McCoist, Cameron and Thatcher.

I knew, at that moment, just what I was getting into.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 30 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Actually I'd go for Ally McCoist as "Glasgow" rep. That'll be universally popular.
Oh yes, oh yes...

I remember when I went for my job interview a couple years ago before moving to Glasgow, I saw a huge flag hanging from one of the apartments at Anderston Quay - giant union flag with the words 'RANGERS TORY SUPPORTERS CLUB', and Obama-esque pictures of Walter Smith, McCoist, Cameron and Thatcher.

I've since taken down the flag.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 30 Sep 2013, 5:12 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:
Oh yes, oh yes...

Laugh Amazing.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:
Oh yes, oh yes...

Laugh Superb.

In terms of "representatives" for each team, because I am the mug who seems to end up setting up the Glasgow threads, we will have a different rep each week. More than enough famous/talented/charasmatic/generally gallus people from Glasgow to last the season and the Heineken Cup. Cool
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 30 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:
Oh yes, oh yes...

Laugh Superb.

In terms of "representatives" for each team, because I am the mug who seems to end up setting up the Glasgow threads, we will have a different rep each week. More than enough famous/talented/charasmatic/generally gallus people from Glasgow to last the season and the Heineken Cup. Cool
GC
If you want a celebrity link between Glasgow and Llanelli then look no further than John "Jock" Stein. He could represent both areas
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:25 pm

Spot on Fly Half. The Big Man was one of a kind. His achievement in guiding Celtic to winning the European cup with a team that cost £2.74 and all hailed from within a thirty mile radius of Glasgow will never be equalled. However, I do see some parallels with the homebred talent at Scotstoun. Certainly there is a solid team spirit as well as a willingness to express their creativity while doing "Whatever it takes." I'm still fairly certain the Fench Billionaires will win our group but we might make the knock out stages.
Also, stick by Barcs; he's the real deal.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:09 pm

it was disappointing to watch our performace last week against the Scarlets but taking nothing away from the Welsh region they will see this weekend the gulf between the two scottish sides at present. I agree Barclay needs a wee while to settle in but is a class act.

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:50 pm

Imogen Thomas off of Big Brother.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm

Casartelli wrote:Imogen Thomas off of Big Brother.
Sorry 

We do apologise most sincerely for that one ... and for this one too: http://www.nndb.com/people/799/000110469/michael-howard-1-sized.jpg

picard

Deepest, deepest apologies
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:32 pm

Jeesus that is one smug fella there - has to be a Tory - but Welsh ! Well peel my tangerines that is a shock. What about that wee singing slapper that hung about with the Orange One is she not from Llanelli ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 30 Sep 2013, 9:42 pm

She was from kerdiff
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:27 am

Morning boys:) 
Friday presents an interesting dilemma for Toonie/Schiz. Either he plays his best XV against the Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October 3559488474 in order to give them a proper test before Toulon or he behaves like Munster/Leinster and rests key players. Had it been a home game against strugglers like Connacht or MFL ( no offence to Connacht) then he probably would be resting quite a few. However, Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 5 October 3559488474    will be contesting for a play off berth and an away win here could prove crucial come the end of the season. Also Toulon lost again at the weekend so maybe are not firing on all cylinders yet. Why not just give it a go and see what happens?
I would like to see ...
1) Grant
2) WeePee.. more mobile around the park.
3) Angela
4) Swinson
5) Leader, as in leading from the front and no inspecting of rucks
6) Harley
7) Fozzie
8) Bluto
9) Niko He's fit and could unhinge any defence, Henry is much safer but Toulon would probably prefer that.
10) Ruaridh, in very good form will it last two more games? Wee Dunky on bench.
11) Seymour/DTH Seymour has been playing exceedingly well so both to play on Friday and the better will start against Toulon.
12) Dunbar.. Tempted to rest him as he must play against Toulon. Possibly Angel Gabriel partnered with...
13) Schlong.. Will relish thumping his old team-mates and on great form. This would allow Dunbar- angel to be rested pre Toulon
14) No Maits Looked very good last week, wingers are confidence players and if he's on form play him, simple!
15) Hoggy needs game time!!!
For me that is a strong XV. Given that either DTH/Seymour is on the bench with Wee Dunky, are the rest forwards? Does that allow the likes of Ryder, Niko's other mate, Vernon, Murchie to get on the pitch? Actually I've got a feeling that the bench will tell us a lot about Toonie. I think he'll go for a win in Wales but look to protect players as much as possible. So probably no Ickle Jonny in the squad at all.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:38 am

You must not be paying attention Jimbo.

Leinster and Munster use the derby game before the HC to get their HC teams a run the week before, not to rest players.

The only players who "get a rest" are borderline injured ones.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:42 am

Jonny Gray at his age needs some protection. He should not play too many full games or he will get injured. His skeleton has not stopped growing and is thus more vulnerable to injury.

Its a difficult balance tho as he also needs game time to develop him / prevent him getting rusty / keep him motivated

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:56 am

I agree that LittleJon needs a break. No need to play him, but if Tom Ryder isn't fit (anyone know what stage he is at?) and Big Naka is not in favour with Townsend (which seems to be the case) then our favourite teenager should appear on the bench.

In two minds about Hogg. He's only played one game and prior to that (in the match programme, I think) he made a comment about how he is still recovering fitness. I think that he just needs game time and also game practice in goalkicking if he continues to be our first choice.

I'll say it again - to get an away win at Scarlets is really pretty damn difficult and we need our first team out there. We also need centres who are ball players in what is a smart Scarlets midfield so I would still start with Dunbar and Bennett with the Angel or Schongmeister at least on the bench.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Tue 01 Oct 2013, 11:25 am

They probably asked Nakarawa to add a bit of weight to his frame otherwise he would have been the lightest second row ever to pull a Glasgow shirt.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:47 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:You must not be paying attention Jimbo.

Leinster and Munster use the derby game before the HC to get their HC teams a run the week before, not to rest players.

You may well be right Jen, I never pay attention unless I am talking; which is why I never did well at school.
By the way, given that Leinster and Munster regularly feature through the knockout phases of the HC just how many derby games do you have each season?Headscratch 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:58 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:You must not be paying attention Jimbo.

You may well be right Jen, I never pay attention unless I am talking; which is why I never did well at school.
By the way, given that Leinster and Munster regularly feature through the knockout phases of the HC just how many derby games do you have each season?Headscratch 
We always play each other just prior to the start of the HC. Normally in Lansdowne rd, but the IRFU couldn't stomach a sold out provincial game there a month before an empty house for Samoa in the AIs.

So the fixture was swapped with the Thomond one which is normally in April just before the HC QF.

Last season Ulster were the week before the HC QF this year it's Munster again. RDS listed. But that may change if we have an away qf or [shudder] don't qualify [/shudder]

Would not sell out 2 weeks in a row in LR.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 01 Oct 2013, 3:46 pm

Sorry Jen, my maths is appalling is that just the two (2) derby games then?
How often is BOD "borderline injured" just before HC games?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 01 Oct 2013, 4:07 pm

The Bod thing is he rarely plays overseas Rabo games.

There are obviously 6 interpros for each province every season.

One of these always precedes the first HC pool game of the season the second precedes the first HC knockout game.

Speaking from a Leinster POV here.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 01 Oct 2013, 4:22 pm

6 derby games a season? That's just mental Ted, so it is.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

jimbopip wrote:6 derby games a season? That's just mental Ted, so it is.
I don't know Jimbo - if we played the MFLs 6 times a season think how sky high our confidence would be !

Anyway back to more pressing matters - we really owe the Scarlets a right good feckin given they were party busters at our first home game at Scotstoun and the doing they gave us in Llanelli to prevent us getting a Rabo home semi final. Need our bruisers to work them over up front most probably. boxing 

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:41 am

Ryan Grant against young Samson Lee should be a good battle - impressed with the ginger Welsh lad, not having the hit hasn't hindered him a jot, and it's clear that his technique is good

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:17 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Ryan Grant against young Samson Lee should be a good battle - impressed with the ginger Welsh lad, not having the hit hasn't hindered him a jot, and it's clear that his technique is good
Not too sure technique is the thing with Samson, I think it is more that he is such an awkward shape, being 2ft tall and 4ft wide.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:30 pm

Toonie should throw his big guns at Scarlets - gets them ready for a week on Sunday plus we need to keep the pressure on the other top 5 teams (inc Scarlets).    

15. Hogg
14 Maitland
13 Lamont
12. Bennett
11. DTH VDM
10 Jackson
9 Cluster
8 Strauss
7 Fusaro
6 Harley
5 Kellock
4 Swinson
3 Welsh
2 MacArthur
1 Grant
16 Gray 17 Eddie 18 Dunbar 19 Matawalu 20 Weir 21 Hall 22 Low

I know no Seymour, McGuigan, Murchie, Jerry Yaya or Ascarate  and they  all unlucky but needs must and such is our pool at present.   Toonie needs to be tough here but thats his job.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 03 Oct 2013, 7:28 am

Do you throw your big guns at someone? Or fire them? Would be a bit of waste if you have big guns to throw them at someone. Do you fire the kitchen sink? Who knows.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Toonie should throw his big guns at Scarlets - gets them ready for a week on Sunday plus we need to keep the pressure on the other top 5 teams (inc Scarlets).    

15. Hogg
14 Maitland
13 Lamont
12. Bennett
11. DTH VDM
10 Jackson
9 Cluster
8 Strauss
7 Fusaro
6 Harley
5 Kellock
4 Swinson
3 Welsh
2 MacArthur
1 Grant
16 Gray 17 Eddie 18 Dunbar 19 Matawalu 20 Weir 21 Hall 22 Low

I know no Seymour, McGuigan, Murchie, Jerry Yaya or Ascarate  and they  all unlucky but needs must and such is our pool at present.   Toonie needs to be tough here but thats his job.
On paper - yup probably the strongest. But on form would make the following changes:

Yanuyanutawa for Grant - I am not convinced that Grant has taken to the new scrum laws as yet. Really rate Lee, and think Yanuyanutawa will do better against him.

Maitland for Hogg - Hogg hasn't hit his straps so think Maitland to fullback and Seymour comes in on the wing.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 03 Oct 2013, 10:17 am

Isn't Alphabet carrying a knock?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next