The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I stay or should I go now?

3 posters

Go down

Should I stay or should I go now? Empty Should I stay or should I go now?

Post by Adam D Sat 05 Oct 2013, 1:19 pm

http://wrestletalk.tv/development/Should_I_Stay_Or_Should_I_Go_Now/
Over the last few weeks, I have been talking about how TNA was about to have its moment of clarity- its epiphany where it righted all the wrongs.

With Bound for Glory coming up in just under 3 weeks time and the supposedly rocky status of Hulk Hogan’s relationship with Dixie Carter, the stars seemed to be aligning for TNA to bounce back.

My roadmap back for TNA was quite clear and looked as if it was going to happen:

- Hogan and Sting being released to WWE.

- AJ Styles winning the belt and becoming the face of TNA

- Aces and Eights disbanding

- With the extra income from Misters Hogan and Sting, the released talent comes back (ie Mickie, DOC and Anderson)

I still think that all of these things would lead to a stronger product, however, it is now quite clear that the release of Hogan is not going to happen.

All of the recent noise coming out of Nashville has been about Hogan upsetting Dixie due to various indiscretions - the computer game, the contract dispute, his daughter being released, Wrestlemania being around the corner etc.

All of these things seemed a plausible signpost to the Hulksters departure from TNA. All of these things also were a sign of a reversal of TNA’s fortunes.

But just like most of the recent contract noise (Matt Morgans, Roodes, AJs etc.) which turned out to be further proof of how the Bischoff and Hogan team love to try and play the IWC, it would appear that this is just another in a long line of trying to shock.

How can I be so sure?

Well let’s look at the two ways that this story can play out – Hogan stays or Hogan leaves.

You can read the rest of the article here - http://wrestletalk.tv/development/Should_I_Stay_Or_Should_I_Go_Now/

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Should I stay or should I go now? Empty Re: Should I stay or should I go now?

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 07 Oct 2013, 2:36 pm

Hard to argue with anything you wrote there Adam. Its kind of depressing, but the way things have played out would seem to indicate the Hulkster won't stay "quit" very long.

From what I've seen, the fans still obviously love him, but I'm sure they'd get over it if he decided to retire for good.

I can understand that maybe TNA feel they still need a star name, but I'm pretty sure Sting could do what Hogan does...and better. After all, its not like he spends much time in the ring anymore, other than to be a punchbag for Aces & Eights. He's getting to the point where he needs to retire from active duty permanently and he seems a lot less ego-driven, so hopefully the newer talent would have the chance to shine.

Overall, have to agree Hogan staying is not going to help TNA grow its business.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

thanks for the feedback Dyre - I was wondering if anyone either read or cared about the article/ TNA!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:57 pm

I dont watch much TNA...well I kinda record every episode and watch it on fast forward but I wasn't watching it much around April time yet when the article om here came up who would stop Bully Ray? I immediately said AJ Styles after a triumphant return, albeit I thought there would be a Fortune reunion to combat Aces & Eights.

That's the problem though, its so telegraphed, its beyond obvious whats happening, I think the BFG series is a great concept but I'm not sure if it actually works, as for AJ Styles, I like him but if he is the face of the company then the company will just continue to stand still, AJ's time has come and gone, he has the name value to still be a World Champion but he is miles behind Bobby Roode Jeff Hardt and Austin Aries as a draw in my opinion as well as Samao Joe too IMO and the likes of Magnus & Kenny King for me are now well ahead of him too in terms of character development.

Another great concept was the Aces & Eights and Kudos to TNA for taking a chance on Bully Ray but every aspect of that group stunk the joint out and nothing about it suggested they were important, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and despite hopeful potential within the group there was just a plethora of weak links.

Hogan staying wont help it grow, its been over 20 years since Hogan did what was right fpr business, Hogan as always will do whats right for Hulk Hogan, he tries to hard to show that he is trying to put someone over and it has an incredibly adverse effect

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:27 pm

Yes, thats a big part of his problem. His head is still stuck in the era when wrestling was larger than life and often completely OTT.

I still like Hogan as a character but, being objective, I don't think he adds anything to TNA...if anything his links to past eras and glories only hold the company back. On top of that, his act does often come across as very corny.

Going back to Kay Fabe's comment, I don't think the Hulk has ever looked up the word "subtle" in the dictionary. Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down