The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brawn

3 posters

Go down

Brawn Empty Brawn

Post by SteveG Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Rumours going round that he may rejoin Honda. Mclaren have also been making noises recently about imminent arrivals of top talent so woudnt surprise me if this story actually has some legs. Hope its not true cos wanna see Hami/Brawn take it to Vettel/Newey.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Brawn Empty Re: Brawn

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Thats not really a good comparison. Newey is a designer while Brawn is a team principal. Can't think off the top of my head who Mercedes' chief designer is.

That aside, I'd prefer to see Brawn stay at Mercedes, as he seems to have the team moving in the right direction.

However, since they recruited Paddy Lowe (from McLaren ironically) Brawn's position in the team has been supposedly under threat.

If he were to leave, I'd like to see him join McLaren as they are badly in need of some direction, as far as car development goes. Think Ross could do a good job there.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah, I thought Brawn would be moved on with Paddy Lowe taking over. Brawn was also linked with moving to Williams, with Rob Smedley too.

I'm hearing about this 'big' McLaren technical appointment, rumours going around that with James Allison moving to Ferrari & the team reshuffling technical staff, Pat Fry has been told he can leave & re-join McLaren.

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Although not in a nitty gritty design role like Newey it always looked to me like Brawn was directing the technical department as well as being the overrall team principle. However with the arrival of Lowe not sure how much his input will have diminished. But be it a Lowe car or a Brawn car just want Hamilton in a winning car - and preferably with the brains of Brawn on the pitwall.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Laugh

"Brains of Brawn" - I like it!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Laugh that wasn't intentional but it did make me smile when I read it back.

Have to say though that those 'brains' have been a bit pickled over the last couple of races with a few miscalculations - but will keep the faith.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:58 am

Ross Brawn has threatened to leave Mercedes if he is not assured his job as team boss is safe.
After denying he has already decided to quit, but confirmed talks are taking place, Brawn made clear on Sunday he will only stay beyond 2013 if Mercedes agrees he will have a clear role at the very top of the Brackley based team.
"I think we need a very clear definition of who is in charge and obviously I need the motivation to carry on," the 58-year-old Briton said at Suzuka.
"Any successful F1 team has to have a senior reference and that's the big question. We need to make sure if I'm to remain here that I'm the reference," Brawn told the British broadcaster Sky.
Amid rumours Brawn could be looking in McLaren and Honda's direction, he also left the door open to switching teams.
Asked if he would walk away from the sport if Mercedes doesn't give him the answer he wants, Brawn responded: "Not necessarily walk away from the sport."
Brawn's comments tie in with the latest rumblings from within McLaren, where the British team has said it will not stop after signing Red Bull's aerodynamics chief Peter Prodromou.
"This (signing) is not something isolated," managing director Jonathan Neale is quoted by Brazil's Totalrace.
"There are other things we are going to do to strengthen the team.
"It's a series of things aimed at 2015 and Honda, to ensure we are on the road to victory," he added.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Wow - thats a bit of a change of tune.

The last article I read about that, Ross said he just wanted to make sure he had a meaningful role in the team that he was happy with. He was also more or less writing off moving to another team.

As I said before, I hope he stays with Mercedes as the team seems to be moving in the right direction. If he does go, I hope McLaren can persuade him to sign for them.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down