The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gazza is on fire!

4 posters

Go down

Gazza is on fire! Empty Gazza is on fire!

Post by socal1976 Sat May 14, 2011 6:16 am

I am so happy and proud that Richard Gasquet has made his way slowly back to the top of the game where he belongs. Hopefully, the 24 year old can break out of his underachiever tag. With coming back from a set down in back to back matches against Roger and Berdych, it should do wonders for his confidence. Probably, the most beautiful and lethal one handed backhand I have ever seen. Richard should be right in the mix with the very best players on tour, but unfortunately he had a tough time with injury, suspension, and the weight of expectation. Besides the backhand his great feel at net, and a very strong return game. His first serve can also be a weapon. For me there is no more enjoyable player to watch (other than Nole). The single handed backhand is almost as pleasing to the eyes as a beautiful woman.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Gazza is on fire! Empty Re: Gazza is on fire!

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 14, 2011 8:47 am

Gazza!!!! that's really funny! Now , where's that ultra cool <laugh> smiley from 606 furious

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks Nitb, lets hope he doesn't just roll over for Rafa. I really want to see him rebuild his quality and get back in the mix, nothing as awful as wasted talent.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun May 15, 2011 1:17 am

Gazza ran out of Gas leaving zz's in the second set. Sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun May 15, 2011 8:26 am

Well, we can't expect him to reach the mountain top in one fell swoop, I think he will be a force to reckon with though at RG.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 am

Gasquet is a true artist with the racquet in his hand.

His backhand is the best single hander ever.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 am

We finally agree on something there Sonic boom, the prettiest shot in tennis and the most lethal single hander ever. I remember the match he won after two sets down against Roddick at wimby. He hit over 100 winners that match, yes over 100 winners. 70 of them had to be on down the line backhands. Never in my life have witnessed someone's backhand so thoroughly destroy the opposition.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 am

socal1976 wrote:We finally agree on something there Sonic boom, the prettiest shot in tennis and the most lethal single hander ever. I remember the match he won after two sets down against Roddick at wimby. He hit over 100 winners that match, yes over 100 winners. 70 of them had to be on down the line backhands. Never in my life have witnessed someone's backhand so thoroughly destroy the opposition.
Gasquet's weakness is that he lacks self belief. If he had deeper mental strength, he would be top 5 in no time.

I could watch his backhand all day long Very Happy

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun May 15, 2011 8:47 am

He has a couple of flaws to his game, mental toughness is one, conditioning is another. And his forehand drops short and gets real loopy when he doesn't play well. But he has a lot of weapons and talent beyond belief. He just needs to work out a couple of kinks and I think that will give him the confidence he needs to beat the best.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down