The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat.

+5
bedfordwelsh
formerly known as Sam
Biltong
kingraf
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
9 posters

Go down

What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat. Empty What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat.

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:17 pm

Broad spectrum of fans on 606 not just in teams supported but what we enjoy about Rugby,
we have some purists who love the set piece,
some who love the running game,
some who love stats,
some who love the physical side of the game,
Etc..etc..

What facet of the game do you love the most?

Back to top Go down

What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat. Empty Re: What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat.

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:23 pm

Forgot to mention, for me it is teams that really turn the screw, whether it be a cricket score hammering or a one score game but watching a team who is clearly in control just up and up the intensity by the minute is impressive!
It's dam hard work to play for 80 mins but to control the 80 with greater intent by each minute is beauty in motion.

Also a kicking game executed to perfection is a pleasure to watch.

Back to top Go down

What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat. Empty Re: What floats your boat? Tuesday night chat.

Post by kingraf Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:37 pm

I wonder how much of this is related to how you play rugby - Three years ago my school's u-16 team played against Grey College (the top rugby school team in SA). My schools teams motto was: speed kills. We lost 43-10, but the one try we did score was a length of the field, touch rugby-type which included about two phases, and a great finish at the corner. My mates school was pretty much Blue Bulls-esque. Therefore our preferences vary. He loves seeing a 60m boot from deep in your own territory. I love seeing a counter-attack from a GarryOwen
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:57 pm

I imagine culture has a massive effect on preference

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:52 pm

For me there is only one requirement to float my boat, no matter the style played.

Be positive and play rugby.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:15 pm

Two fairly matched teams in an end to end ding dong battle. Doesn't matter if It's all about the set piece or running rugby, It's not the style that's important (as long as It's the sport being played in the correct spirit) It's the battle and the intricacies.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:32 pm

If I am watching a game as a neutral then love to see hard fair rugby with a fair few tries Abs v SA last weekend comes to mind.

If I am watching my Team/Region/Country well then the most important thing is the 'W', if thats done in some style all thet better but it has to be a 'W'.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:17 pm

Watching the boys Picking up a second World Cup was a good night. Fans of not many teams will know what I'm talking about.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 2:12 pm

I like seeing the running, attack minded side of Rugby, thinking Leinster in their HC wins, the AllBlacks and Australia circa 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 09 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

kingraf wrote:I wonder how much of this is related to how you play rugby - Three years ago my school's u-16 team played against Grey College (the top rugby school team in SA). My schools teams motto was: speed kills. We lost 43-10, but the one try we did score was a length of the field, touch rugby-type which included about two phases, and a great finish at the corner. My mates school was pretty much Blue Bulls-esque. Therefore our preferences vary. He loves seeing a  60m boot from deep in your own territory. I love seeing a counter-attack from a GarryOwen
Kingraf...  43-10 against Grey College is not bad. Take that in context that half that team you played against will be in some sort of pro rugby academy by now... assuming your age is correct. Come 4-5 years time no doubt some of those guys will be springboks.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 09 Oct 2013, 2:38 pm

You can't beat a good rolling maul.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 09 Oct 2013, 2:41 pm

or a nice drop goal just to annoy the antipodean fans.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 09 Oct 2013, 4:14 pm

, when a team ( ok Wales ) being totally out played first half and looks like going to take a hammering and sincerely thinking i can't watch anymore of this (Ireland six nations 13) but then comes to life second half to close the gap , whether its a win (France six nations )or a close second the thrill of watching rugby is all there .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down