The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ioane denies massive Japan deal

Go down

Ioane denies massive Japan deal Empty Ioane denies massive Japan deal

Post by Adam D Sat 14 May 2011, 8:23 am

Wallabies winger Digby Ioane has denied he is on the verge of leaving Queensland for a massive deal in Japan, but will wait until after the Rugby World Cup to decide his future.

Tackle-busting Ioane on Saturday dismissed a News Ltd report that he would wave sayonara to the Reds and Wallabies after this season and play for Japanese club Kubota alongside former team-mate Hugh McMeniman.

The 11-Test flyer, in career-best form to be a key man in Queensland's Super Rugby march, admitted he could not juggle the pressure of contract talks while also producing on the field.

"It's all rumours," Ioane said. "My main focus is playing good footy for the Reds.

"The worst thing you could do is be talking about contracts right now.

"I don't want it to get in the way of playing for the Reds or the Wallabies. Once I've got time to myself, I'll make my commitment."

The Reds are in the thick of the four-way race for hot property James O'Connor, but will almost certainly see the powerful, elusive Ioane an even more important commodity.

full article and source: ABC NEWS

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down