The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!?

4 posters

Go down

Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!? Empty Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!?

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 7:24 am

Just wanted to point out how flabbergasted I am that he's dropped over a stone and weighed in at his lightest since 2007. Still don't thing he'll become more than he already is-a contender-but at least he seems to be taking it a bit more seriously.

That's all.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!? Empty Re: Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!?

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 7:30 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Just wanted to point out how flabbergasted I am that he's dropped over a stone and weighed in at his lightest since 2007. Still don't thing he'll become more than he already is-a contender-but at least he seems to be taking it a bit more seriously.

That's all.

Who or what is he fighting? Another boxer or a larder?

azania

Back to top Go down

Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!? Empty Re: Chris Arreola weighs in at 234lbs?!?!?

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 7:36 am

Nagy Aguilera. Half decent, but nothing great. Boxrec have him at 83 in the world. Also coming off two losses, the last being to Antonio Tarver. I was just a little surprised when I saw the weigh-in picture. Saying that, Arreola's nose looks like it weighs about twenty pounds.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 7:38 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Nagy Aguilera. Half decent, but nothing great. Boxrec have him at 83 in the world. Also coming off two losses, the last being to Antonio Tarver. I was just a little surprised when I saw the weigh-in picture. Saying that, Arreola's nose looks like it weighs about twenty pounds.

Ah well. At least they are getting paid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 7:41 am

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Nagy Aguilera. Half decent, but nothing great. Boxrec have him at 83 in the world. Also coming off two losses, the last being to Antonio Tarver. I was just a little surprised when I saw the weigh-in picture. Saying that, Arreola's nose looks like it weighs about twenty pounds.

Yeah, and this time it might not all be spent in Taco Bell.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 7:42 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:

Yeah, and this time it might not all be spent in Taco Bell.

You never know. I hear they are increasing their salad sales.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 7:46 am

I just don't get why it took him so long to realise being a fat slug wasn't the way forward.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 8:05 am

BALTIMORA wrote:I just don't get why it took him so long to realise being a fat slug wasn't the way forward.

The same could have been asked of must of the 1980s HW. Outside of Holmes and Tyson many of them trained more by going to burger king than in the gym. It cost them huge dollars. If Dokes, Witherspoon, Tubbs, Bey and Page had stayed dedicated, we would have been talking about the greatest era of heavyweights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 8:19 am

It's one thing no-one can deny about Haye, and one of the reasons I respect the guy. Sure he says a lot of things which are tactless and tasteless, but he's spot on when he talks of his disgust at today's fat heavies, and he himself always comes in looking in fantastic shape, as do the Klits. Outside of those guys who else is there?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 8:21 am

BALTIMORA wrote:It's one thing no-one can deny about Haye, and one of the reasons I respect the guy. Sure he says a lot of things which are tactless and tasteless, but he's spot on when he talks of his disgust at today's fat heavies, and he himself always comes in looking in fantastic shape, as do the Klits. Outside of those guys who else is there?

As did Audley Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 8:24 am

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:It's one thing no-one can deny about Haye, and one of the reasons I respect the guy. Sure he says a lot of things which are tactless and tasteless, but he's spot on when he talks of his disgust at today's fat heavies, and he himself always comes in looking in fantastic shape, as do the Klits. Outside of those guys who else is there?

As did Audley Shocked

Yeah, good point. I forgot about him (albeit only temporarily). There's a guy, 6'5", clearly keeps himself in shape, who instead of being let down by a soft body is let down by a soft mind.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 8:37 am

Bruno had a statuesque physique. Moved like one also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 8:39 am

azania wrote:Bruno had a statuesque physique. Moved like one also.

Oh I'm not saying it's the be-all and end-all, but it at least shows a certain dedication.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 8:42 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:Bruno had a statuesque physique. Moved like one also.

Oh I'm not saying it's the be-all and end-all, but it at least shows a certain dedication.

That's true. But I question the need to appear so ripped as Haye seems to be. Muscles are heavy anmd when you get tired in later rounds it slows you down. Look at Holmes and Ali. They were not ripped but carried some body fat. They had stamina to burn.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 May 2011, 8:50 am

I think its a bad decision from Arreola. At least when he was bigger people could say he would be good if he lost weight. Now they will see, he just has zero athletic ability.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 8:52 am

Scottrf wrote:I think its a bad decision from Arreola. At least when he was bigger people could say he would be good if he lost weight. Now they will see, he just has zero athletic ability.

Look who he's fighting. Chris can afford to dance a salsa against that guy it seems.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 8:54 am

Scottrf wrote:I think its a bad decision from Arreola. At least when he was bigger people could say he would be good if he lost weight. Now they will see, he just has zero athletic ability.

Perhaps, but he's only going to gain athletic ability by losing weight and getting in shape.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 May 2011, 8:54 am

I don't mean necessarily just in his next fight. He scored a quick KO in his last when he wasn't quite as big as he had been, still wasn't impressed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 14 May 2011, 11:50 am

Think slimming down might make him a bit quicker though and as for athletic ability you don't really know until he slims down a bit more. His last fight was on ESPN and Atlas was talking to him about getting his weight down. It won't do the guy any harm.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 May 2011, 12:01 pm

That was a bit sarcastic, just saying I don't think it will make masses of difference.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 14 May 2011, 12:07 pm

Probably not couldn't see him beating any of the top 4 HW's regardless of weight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down