The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi for O'Shea

+23
thomh
offload
Brendan
tooboredtowork
SecretFly
Metal Tiger
Cyril
Hound of Harrow
The Great Aukster
ChequeredJersey
doctor_grey
profitius
majesticimperialman
Notch
Artful_Dodger
HongKongCherry
quinsforever
beshocked
TJ
LeinsterFan4life
Ozzy3213
Trevor40
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taxi for O'Shea - Page 2 Empty Taxi for O'Shea

Post by Trevor40 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Utterly clueless and deluded. So bad even London Irish wouldn't have him back

Trevor40

Back to top Go down

Taxi for O'Shea - Page 2 Empty Re: Taxi for O'Shea

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:28 am

There are lots of factors, including our game being well known enough to be easier to counter, players off form, injuries, lack of depth, lack of power, missing confidence and doubtless some off-field issues too. Slumps like this are rarely due to one thing
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:33 am

Nah we'll keep him thanks
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor40 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

Why?

Trevor40

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:42 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Nah we'll keep him thanks
With my blessing Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tooboredtowork Mon 14 Oct 2013, 1:42 pm

Trevor,

I'll swap you your lot, for my lot up at Sixways.

tooboredtowork

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:36 pm

To be fair if they got rid of o'shea it would be unfair on him. They are not as strong compared to the other top 3 but a year or so ago they where saying a simillar thing about Saints.

Maybe they are tryjng to reduce their internationals by playing poorly for the first few weeks so they can roar back later while the others are away. They might have also given up on their group already.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm

Trevor40 wrote:Shouldn't  you should be following the yellow brick road!! Wink
No, I shouldn't I should. Maybe you're a big fan of Dorothy's Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:31 pm

Brendan wrote:To be fair if they got rid of o'shea it would be unfair on him.  They are not as strong compared to the other top 3 but a year or so ago they where saying a simillar thing about Saints.

Maybe they are tryjng to reduce their internationals by playing poorly for the first few weeks so they can roar back later while the others are away.  They might have also given up on their group already.
Now that's the kind of off-kilter creative thinking I like!  That would be a lovely thought, in the sense that my regard for O'Shea would go up again in terms of appreciating his managerial savvy ways.  
But you'd have to be a pretty smart manager to coax your players to play beneath themselves in a few HC games without making them also a little suspicious and not a little peeved at the directions given to them.  The English contingent hopefuls are I'm sure fully intent on trying to prove themselves to Lancaster regardless of what O'Shea might command.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor40 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm

Brendan wrote:To be fair if they got rid of o'shea it would be unfair on him.  They are not as strong compared to the other top 3 but a year or so ago they where saying a simillar thing about Saints.

Maybe they are tryjng to reduce their internationals by playing poorly for the first few weeks so they can roar back later while the others are away.  They might have also given up on their group already.
CoS has clearly given up on coaching.

Trevor40

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

Trevor40 wrote:

CoS has clearly given up on coaching.
Ah trev sure everyone has a bad run. It just looks worse at the start of a season. I am sure they will be pushing for the playoffs come april

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor40 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:33 pm

Been going downhill for a year. I wish it was just a bad run. Time for CoS to return to Sesame Street.

Trevor40

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 16 Oct 2013, 2:19 pm

I think COS is likes the idea of promoting from within. To do that though you need a good academy and a lot of patience.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 16 Oct 2013, 2:27 pm

Just cos I ain’t never said, no, nothing worth saying
never ever, never ever, never ever
things ‘ave got read into what I never sad, ‘till me mouth becomes me ‘ead
which ain’t not all that clever
and it’s not not saying one thing nor another
neither, either is ist anything I haven’t said, whatever
and it ain’t not proving that me mind ain’t moving
and I answer to the name of Trevor, however.........................................etc.

There's a clever Trevor. Wink 

offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed 16 Oct 2013, 3:15 pm

We're probably 5 or 6 players short of a really top team at the moment and have a lot of injuries. Our backline is a bit of a mess with Turner-Hall (not a huge fan, but he's unique in the squad), Lowe and Monye all out. Evans won't ever be the player he was again either.

It's not looking good for this season but if a couple of academy players push on (I'm thinking Matthews and Sinkler) and we make one or two signings for next year then we could have a very strong side for 2014/2015.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Davenport Thu 17 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

They were fast starters the past couple of seasons so maybe they are trying to pace themselves a bit more!

Hubert Davenport

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:25 pm

We're having a poor season by the very high standards that COS set himself when he first came in. BUT we have been far, far, worse in the past. People seem to forget that we were cannon fodder for many seasons and were relegated once. Yes we did incredibly well to win the league two seasons ago, and to then make the Euro play offs and Prem play offs the following season but just stop for a minute and look at the squads of the other top teams that are successful every season. They're fricking massive and far deeper then ours! Look at who Northampton, Tigers, Sarries have signed. What would be wrong with the world if we were competing just as well as those teams? Are whole squad would need to be playing out of their skins, continuously, for 80 mins!

Connor O'Shea has been a genious, a Frak mad scientist, Dr Jekyl-Einstein like coach who took this collection of good club players and England fringe players and made a team that could for one amazing season go to any one's house and be confident of beating them (except Connacht!). The stars aligned and we won the Prem which was a great reward and ALL Quins fans should be grateful for that (what had we won before that people?!)

We're not Leicester, we can not expect to win the league every season. We're Quins, a little club of oddly dressed players with a penchant for bright colours and sometimes incredible/sometimes self destructive rugby.

We do have issues. There are half a dozen players who come the end of the season may be looking for new clubs. Likewise the pack needs an overhaul and Kingston needs to start getting a grip on them. Defence as well is Poopie, I won't lie. No matter the team put out we should be able to defend better then the damp fart display that we put on against Scarlets. But we did show some very good attacking skills in parts. Once players stopped dropping the ball and throwing shockers we looked pretty good.

Sorry to rant but it's just been a little tense. And we're only 6 games in to the league!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:47 am

Yappysnap that's not a good mindset to have. Commercially Quins have done well, mainly because of Mark Evans. Getting 12k to the Stoop doesn't suggest to me Quins are a little club.

If you don't believe you can compete with Leicester you won't. You have not got to play the role of underdog.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:14 am

beshocked wrote:Yappysnap that's not a good mindset to have. Commercially Quins have done well, mainly because of Mark Evans. Getting 12k to the Stoop doesn't suggest to me Quins are a little club.

If you don't believe you can compete with Leicester you won't. You have not got to play the role of underdog.
Nick Evans aside - they don't have a lot of top foreigners though, which would suggest that they aren't in league with the other big 3.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Davenport Fri 18 Oct 2013, 12:40 pm

Their team for Sunday is rather poor.

Hubert Davenport

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 18 Oct 2013, 12:45 pm

Hubert Davenport wrote:Their team for Sunday is rather poor.
No locks - Easter in the second row Shocked 

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 18 Oct 2013, 12:48 pm

I don't know what you're complaining about yappy. If you think you've had it bad you should try being a Glaws supporter! At least you've got some silverware to show for it!

Seriously though, whilst Quins are having a dip in form, they are still a very good side and giving the amount of game time to youngsters will reap dividends in the near future. I do feel you need similar type of players as Glaws do, namely a top TH and a lock enforcer, so hopefully we don't get into a bidding war! You could probably do with an additional back 3 player. A lot of people will be after Yarde, but I could see him at Quins...
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 18 Oct 2013, 3:45 pm

Trevor40 wrote:Been going downhill for a year. I wish it was just a bad run. Time for CoS to return to Sesame Street.
Trevor "one line"....... rebel without a clue
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Davenport Fri 18 Oct 2013, 4:26 pm

As a fellow Quins supporter myself, I have to admit he's not making it up! We haven't been good for a while. I'm more of a glass half full type so reckon some injuries and youngsters not being quite good enough yet is the problem.

Hubert Davenport

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Oct 2013, 4:38 pm

No options for Sunday- we only have about 23 fit players in our HEC squad. Our scrum is going to be shattered barring the best performance of our tight 5s' lives, our backline will miss tackles, so we need to cover defence and scramble like crazy. The only conceivable way to win this game is to play all out attack and hope our tails go up and ASM's chins go down
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 18 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

Was any one else unaware of the fact that unless critical injuries occur to props the ERC do not allow you to bring in players from out side your European squad to cover injuries. And that the matchday squad only has to be 19 players.

So depending upon how the Clermont game goes if we had a Euro match the week after this one then we'd probably be the first team to play with a 22 man squad in this comp in a couple of years.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Oct 2013, 7:56 pm

No options for Sunday- we only have about 23 fit players in our HEC squad. Our scrum is going to be shattered barring the best performance of our tight 5s' lives, our backline will miss tackles, so we need to cover defence and scramble like crazy. The only conceivable way to win this game is to play all out attack and hope our tails go up and ASM's chins go down
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:19 pm

Have you just copeid and pasted your last comment again...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

No accidentally sent twice on iPhone as the page reloaded...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:23 pm

Hmmm....Trevor joins not long after logansrun gets banned and then a day or so after Trevor gets banned there's a curiously named new poster on this topic with a slightly adjusted but vaguely familiar message...I wonder...

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:36 pm

If his message is moderated in this non offensive way then it wouldn't bother me even if it were Trev
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:41 pm

having been accused of being someone else myself and found it really irritating, i try to give everyone the benefit of being judged on their posts. and even if it were to be the same person (which we'll never know), if their posts are reasonable, i say live and let live.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum