The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread

+6
Hero
XR
Dr Gregory House MD
ncfc_Tooze
Kaiser
The_Enigma
10 posters

Go down

#IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread Empty #IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread

Post by The_Enigma Mon 14 Oct 2013, 1:47 pm

For those of you that are following the story, I thought it would be best if we move the topic here and keep things all CHIKARA related here. As you'll know, following the conclusion of the Aniversario: Never Compromise iPPV, CHIKARA seem's to be no more following 'Condor Security's' takeover and closure of the company. With many theory's in place, nobodies entirely sure if/when Chikara will return, or who was behind this master-plan. The entire purpose of this thread will be to continue the storyline, so latest news, video's, tweets.

For the full story/topic and for the results of the show, please click the following link

- https://www.606v2.com/t44785-the-end-for-chikara

In recent weeks we have seen video's and tweet's posted, as well as familiar faces from the past return as one-by-one teach Wrestling Is company falls on the sword. The latest missions have seen Icarus gather Chikara fans in locations seeking it's return, so let's brodcast and promote Chikara's Name and keep this topic alive. I am Chikara, are you?

Last edited by The_Enigma on Mon 26 May 2014, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

#IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread Empty Re: #IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread

Post by The_Enigma Wed 16 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

Latest Installment of the 'Ashes' videos for those of you that are still following...

Very interesting developments. The video's are starting to come thick and fast now with the next one set to be released in two weeks time.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

#IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread Empty Re: #IAmCHIKARA / Chikara Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiser Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:08 pm

Keep it coming enigma, we are watching and may finally be getting somewhere,

I am Chikara

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:35 pm

more

iamchikara:
westsidegoth:
So I got the Chikara pin up book from eBay seller 13y19t5r9u13p which is alias for MysteriumP. On the board are coordinates are in Philly (of course) and the coordinate converter I use is probably not to good but it looks like its leading to FDR Skatepark.
11.2.13 4:00 PM
Intriguing…
Reblogged 1 week ago from iamchikara (originally from westsidegoth)

http://theultramantisblack.tumblr.com/post/63144974543/youre-gonna-hear-me-roar-iamchikara

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:52 pm

You know, it's really pleasing to see that I'm not alone in repeatedly banging my head against a wall, and there's people on here who generally care about what other promotions are out there besides WWE & TNA.

With the next 'Gathering' set in Philadelphia in early November, Condor Security have taken to the streets around the area to confront fans who signed up to the Save Chikara website. While the houses they've been to so far have been unsuccessful, they have been leaving leaflets informing them that they are being watched.

Even though it sounds kinda creepy and the whole angle seems to be slightly getting out of hand, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:14 pm

I've got to be honest as someone who was only a light follower of chikara, this whole angle has gone over my head somewhat, credit to them though, they really seem to have put the effort in though, and the condor security leaflets is a brilliant piece of fan interaction, all be it uber creepy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:33 pm

Being honest here House, this entire storyline went completely over my head since it started. I vaguely know small bits and pieces from previous story-lines, but this dates back to years in the making, I'm just trying to follow events that are proven facts. Don't really care to much for all these over the top, complicated storylines, it's the in-ring ability that caught my attention.

Being a completely new Chikara fan, I've just fallen into it at completely the wrong time censored 

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINrp4U0TLQ&list=UUAWekmbn2e1PUIam2rnsrVA
next ashes video

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:43 pm

it may be worth keeping an eye on winks twitter too
Cartoon Dave ‏@DaveMuscarella 22h
@WinkVavasseur If you are truly sorry, then you should help out @IcarusWRW with his #IAmCHIKARA campaign.

Wink Vavasseur ‏@WinkVavasseur 22h
@DaveMuscarella @IcarusWRW I little bit of information on his former employers might be of benefit to the cause.

Clint Bracey ‏@CJB01_CHIKARA 21h
@WinkVavasseur @DaveMuscarella @IcarusWRW We're listening, if you have more, please continue!

Wink Vavasseur ‏@WinkVavasseur 21h
@CJB01_CHIKARA @DaveMuscarella @IcarusWRW Oh. There will be more...

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm

Fickle - The Latest Installment

If you're wondering what the address is at the end, it's actually the Wrestle Factory where all these videos began in the first place. Also, on this Saturday (2nd November) Icarus will be meeting with fans in Philadelphia, expect this time he won't be alone. Whatever that means. Video will be recorded

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 30 Oct 2013, 1:56 pm

Got a lot of time for chikara and quack, they're trying something different and it will be interesting to see where this goes (full reboot perhaps?).

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 30 Oct 2013, 2:20 pm

From what I've read on various wrestling forms, moving into full reboot seems to be a regular topic of conversation. Speculation suggest that Chikara will return on National Pro Wrestling Day, or at least something significant will take place on that date.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 03 Nov 2013, 10:44 am

Last night was the latest icarus rally. However this time he wasn't alone. He was joined by kobald, assailANT, los ice creams and hallowicked and Gavin loudspeaker.
An unannounced match took place with hallowicked,ant and icarus taking on the ice creams and kobald. During the match a condor security van pulls up, they get out and kidnap a member of the crowd. Loudspeaker is going mad at this point telling the crowd that they aren't safe to be there as icarus taps in the centre of the ring. Post match the wrestlers are told what has happened who reiterate that it isnt safe for the crowd to be there.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 03 Nov 2013, 11:09 am

For me this is why I get so annoyed at the dirge TNA put out week after week, they've got the golden opportunity with a TV deal and global audience to make something exciting and new but repeatedly fall into the same rut yet you have companies like Chikara who put together something so well thought and creative as this but is only known to such a small percent of wrestling fans.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 04 Nov 2013, 12:35 pm

Hero, it's because CHIKARA don't look to Hulk Hogan to solve their problems. They need to hire someone from outside the 'bubble' it's in. They need to stop trying to hire guys who were once creatively involved in a gone era. Like you said, could you imagine if TNA had this much creativity with their budget over CHIKARA? You've probably see the rating sail above 2.0.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 04 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm

Continuing Tooze's original post, after digging around on Chikara's fansite, I've managed to find a recording of the entire rally that took place this past weekend...

Roughly the first 18 minutes or so includes Gavin Loudspeaker singing as he tries to rally up the fans until the wrestlers arrive. The match itself was pretty poor but did have a few comedy laugh out loud moments. The kidnapping takes place on around the 38-41 Minute Mark. While the majority of the video is skippable, I've highlighted the importance part....

Moving on to the 'Kidnapping' that took place. It turns out that this kid is infact a current Wrestle Factory Student who's under the guidance and as been assisting Icarus. After what went down over the week, The Security Firm have allegedly sent Icarus a video which will be made available to the public at any point now. (It may already be online)

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 04 Nov 2013, 9:16 pm

wink (@WinkVavasseur) has been tweeting more over last few days but has been silent since the second

29th
You want to know why Titor wanted CHIKARA -- to fuel, train and front their own private army. #Bombshell
Elohim City was just a model. One Titor planned to 'refine' and 'relocate.' #Bombshell
Quackenbush never told me what was exactly in the envelope, except that it was incriminating. I warned him not pursue it.
Titor all but opened the door for the @_Gekido_  invasion. Guess who pays 17 and yellowANT's medical bills...? #Bombshell
Orders came down to place assailANT with The Colony to adulterate their team. He was pegged as the weakest member of @_Gekido_ . #Bombshell

1st
HA! Nice trick trying to cut of my internets, you crafty buzzards! Ol' Wink still has quite a few tricks up his sleeves! Try harder!
Wait until I fall asleep to deliver a post card? Cowards! http://twitpic.com/djiexc
twitpic.com/djif1v  - Did I ruffle some feathers? Good!
While I was figuring out how to get back online, I got to thinking that this wasn't exactly a tactic of the birds I know.
And I'm more worried about the birds I can't see than those I can. Those are a different breed of buzzard. They don't follow the flock
Father finally calls today. Called me a dullard. What else do I have to do to prove I'm not soft brained?

2nd
Everything I did was to protect him. I thought I made the choices that would make him proud.
Why did you turn your back on me, father? And why send your goons to my doorstep? Why would you make an enemy out of me, your son?
A twit? A moron? Well, I know more than you think I do, dear old dad
I'm not an idiot. I see. I hear. I know a treasure trove of information! And a postcard on my porch and a phone call won't silence me
I'm tired of being blamed. Tired of being the bad guy. When do I get to be the good guy? When is it finally Wink's time?
That treasure trove of information? Tomorrow. 4pm. I'm bringing the key to that chest with me to a certain park in South Philly!
That envelope of information with the "incriminating" photo? That's nothing.
That envelope is just the tip of the iceberg. The real dirt? The goods? They keep that under lock and key.
All these years. All my efforts. I tried to make it work and that was never enough for some.
I'm not a failure. That's not how history is going to remember Wink Vavasseur. Not if I have anything to say about it.
I'm not some twit. I'm NOT a whipping post! And I'm not your puppet ANY MORE! No.... #IAMCHIKARA

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 04 Nov 2013, 9:24 pm

the video sent to icarus

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:43 pm

gcBlues wrote:Like you said, could you imagine if TNA had this much creativity with their budget over CHIKARA? You've probably see the rating sail above 2.0.
Based on what? There's like 50 people there max, probably including the wrestlers. Getting a handful of your most hardcore fans (and some plants) to show up to a rally/show isn't exactly a sign that this is going to take them to new heights as a company.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:51 pm

This probably won't make Chikara any bigger at all, but it is a really interesting story being done on a shoestring budget with no media coverage.

If TNA tried something as unique as this, it would attract vast coverage from wrestling publications and, providing it was done well, would probably result in at least a short term ratings spike imo.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWU6CvylXqs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The next ashes video, this time entitled the letter

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:19 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:
gcBlues wrote:Like you said, could you imagine if TNA had this much creativity with their budget over CHIKARA? You've probably see the rating sail above 2.0.
Based on what? There's like 50 people there max, probably including the wrestlers. Getting a handful of your most hardcore fans (and some plants) to show up to a rally/show isn't exactly a sign that this is going to take them to new heights as a company.
Like Enforcer said, i was merely highlighting that a company on such a small budget and fan base can get this interesting storyline off the ground and have it be talked about is a big success. If TNA could pull something off like this, with their budget, worldwide fanbase and their wrestlers they would see a rapid increase in viewership.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:24 pm

Ashes- the sweatshop

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:07 pm

A search for thom scavanger hunt set up by condor took place last week heres what happened

a quick review
https://imgur.com/a/NyVZp

the full hunt
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41240128
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41241089
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41241968
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41242977
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41243117
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41243503
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41243566
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41246369
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41246625

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:12 pm

I have to say that sounds great fun Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:06 pm

The next video in the ashes series this time entitled dead horse.

Spoiler:

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 29 Dec 2013, 8:55 pm

The latest installments in the Chikara 'Ashes' Series... The first is titled Deja Vu

Second Installment is titled... Where Everybody Knows Your Name

There's rumors circulating that CHIKARA will be returning in February next year. Talent has been contacted regarding the situation so I would suspect that things will start to tense up very quickly. Speaking of which, Icarus has states that he'll be appearing at the next Wrestling Is Fun show on January 18th. A LOT is expected to go down either here or on National Pro Wrestling Day

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 03 Jan 2014, 3:07 pm

The next video is out, this time entitled history
Spoiler:

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

We've had quite a few developments since the last 'Ashes' Video has been posted. The video's are now starting to be released on a weekly basis, with some very interesting developments occurring....

3.0 Continue their search for Archie and finally wind-up in parts unknown!

Inside The Wrestle Factory (Part 1 of 2)

Inside The Wrestle Factory (Part 2 of 2)

Having seen the latest Ashes teaser which will be released in full capacity next week, Archie, or at least somebody dressed like him, finally appears. Perhaps we're finally starting to find the answer's, or maybe this will make more questions!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:40 pm

The next 2 videos have been released here they are

Ideas
https://youtu.be/eHCtm-KqaLo

When?
https://youtu.be/ILSZP05thEU

Pro wrestling day is this Saturday and is streamed on YouTube for free I belive, perhaps we will get more answers then

Spoiler:

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:51 pm

It is indeed streamed on YouTube on Saturday at 1pm est so 6pm our time?

Here's the announced matches
http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/watch/

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 30 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm

Holy Mother! The End Is Near? These Ashes Video's are coming think and fast with two more released today. National Pro Wrestling Day points to the next chapter. I'd highly recommend that if you view one video at all, this next one is the one....

Believe - The Latest Episode... I'd honestly expect at least one more release before Saturday draws...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 31 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

The pro wrestling day tommorow is going to he awesome

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:37 am

Another video was released over night, this time called rise
https://youtu.be/cUidgHL-zAk

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sat 01 Feb 2014, 1:16 pm

any chance of a video containing that song in full?

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm

What a close to npwd.
#chikaralives

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haU-BfRKnLc&feature=share

The full show for anyone that misssed the live stream

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm

Chikara Officially Lives! "You Only Live Twice" Returns on 5.25.14, I'd highly recommend that any wrestling fan who has the slightest interest checks out Tooze's Youtube video clip, from 1:57:00 - Onwards, honestly one of the weirdest, wildest scenes I've ever seen in all my 15 years of watching wrestling...

The Final 'Ashes' Video will premier in less than 5 Hours time to wrap up the entire series...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 26 May 2014, 10:55 am

You Only Live Twice iPPV Results - ** Contains Spoilers **

BDK defeated The Spectral Envoy via Ragnarok with Frightmare taking the pinfall.
Tursas from the original BDK (Not Been Seen Since 2011) Returned and attacked UltraMantis from behind to start the match.

"Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington via submission Chuck Taylor
Ashley Remington is making his debut in the company. Taylor did not appear in his FIST apparel.

Robbie Ellis Addressed The Fans (Segment)
The New Chikara Owner who purchased the company during it's hiatus announced Mike Quackenbush as the new Director of Fun. Bascially this means he's the new GM!

The Batiri defeated The Odditorium via DQ
Bodhi purposly hit a low-blow to get his team the DQ.

Juan Francisco De Coronado defeated Jervis Cottonbelly
Due to the assist of pulling Cottonbelly's mask, the debuting Juan Francisco De Coronado got the pinfal thanks to a
German suplex.

The Throwbacks defeated Pieces of Hate, GEKIDO & 3.0 is a 4 Corner's Tag Team Elimation Match
Throwbacks/3.0 & Gekido/Pieces of Hate both worked together throughout the match-up. Jigsaw eliminated 3.0. Dasher Hatfield rolled-up deviANT to elimnate GEKIDO. Mr Touchdown got the win for his team and 3 points (Can now challenge for the tag belts) thanks to a superplex on The Shard.

Jimmy Jacobs defeated Archibald Peck
Thanks to outside assistance, Jacobs picked up the win with a Ace Crusher (RKO)

Colony XTREME Force defeated The Colony
AssailANT (Colony) is now in Worker Ant apparell, a previous CHIKARA Character who had to retire in 2009. Thanks to an exposed turnbuckle, Xtreme Force got the deciding pinfall.

King of Trios is back!!! Announced to return in September 2014 and it's Lego Themed!

Main Event: Icarus defeated Eddie Kingston to capture the Grand Championship via CHIKARA Special Submission
Icarus debuted a new look. Interesting that Kingston didn't technically tap-out, the official stopped the match when Kingston passed Out.

Following the conclusion of the match, The Flood returned in full force as a new guy debuted who many are speculating as the "Titant of Titor" along with two hooded unidentified characters. The characters were reviled to be Delirous & the returning Soldier Ant who walked out over 12 months ago then attacked Chikara. As things esculated into a ringside brawl between CHIKARA & The Flood, Kobald tried attacking the Titant of Titor who hit a chokeslam / backbreaker combination. The final scenes see CHIKARA carrying Kobald
away from the ring with it being treated as if the character had been killed off!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down