The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh

+22
profitius
alive555
Alba gu brath
GLove39
justified sinner
Solid8
LeinsterFan4life
VinceWLB
flyhalffactory
Brendan
IanBru
cakeordeath
Weegie Wizard
EWT Spoons
whocares
des
RuggerRadge2611
TJ
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
George Carlin
tigertattie
RDW
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Empty HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh

Post by RDW Wed 16 Oct 2013, 08:51

Sunday 20th October
12:35pm KO UK time
Stade Aimé Giral, Perpignan

Perpignan RedWine 

Perpignan:

15 Joffrey Michel, 14 Watisoni Votu, 13 David Marty, 12 Sione Piukala, 11 Richard Haughton, 10 James Hook, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Luke Narraway, 7 Jean-Pierre Perez, 6 Justin Purll, 5 Romain Taofifenua, 4 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 3 George Jgenti, 2 Guilhem Guirado (c), 1 Sona Taumalolo.

Replacements:

16 Romain Terrain, 17 Sebastien Taofifenua, 18 Kisi Pulu, 19 Karl Chateau, 20 Nicolas Durand, 21 Tommy Allan, 22 Wandile Mjekevu, 23 Luke Charteris.

Edinburgh Fingers Crossed 

15 Jack Cuthbert

14 Dougie Fife

13 Nick De Luca

12 Matt Scott

11 Tim Visser

10 Harry Leonard

9 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN

1 Alasdair Dickinson

2 Ross Ford

3 Willem Nel

4 Grant Gilchrist

5 Sean Cox

6 Cornell Du Preez

7 Roddy Grant

8 David Denton

Substitutes

16 Aleki Lutui

17 Wicus Blaauw

18 Geoff Cross

19 Izak van der Westhuizen

20 Tomas Leonardi

21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne

22 Joaquin Dominguez

23 Greig Tonks

Some good pre-match reading from Edinburgh's defence coach - I really like this guy actually.  He's saying the right things and I think he's going to be a really good coach for this Edinburgh team

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/latest/mouneimne-fired-up-for-edinburgh-s-perpignan-trip-1-3142844

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/13/10/15/edinburgh-rugby-defence-coach-demands-more

p.s. I know this thread isn't as good as George Carlin's, but I've neither the time or enthusiasm to make it any better!Very Happy

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 16:13; edited 4 times in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Empty Re: HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh

Post by RDW Wed 16 Oct 2013, 08:55

In terms of team selection, I think the starting XV against Munster all deserve to keep their places.  I’d hope we can strengthen the bench though, so if VDV and Tonks are fit I’d bring them in for Atkins and SHC.

This is going to be a brutal contest against Perpirgnan team that has to win to keep their HK hopes alive – looking forward to it!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Empty Re: HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh

Post by tigertattie Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:07

Edinburgh need to throw the kitcken sink at Perpirgnan. If they cannot back up last weeks win with another then it will go down as one of those one off, punching above our weight performances!

To be fair, Edinburgh can win this! but it aint gonna be easy. If they play like they have been in the Rabo then it will be a sore one!

Fingers crossed i guess
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:48

Ah here, it's a cracking thread, RDW. I think it's like the best tasting meals are the ones you don't cook yourself. Very Happy 

Sounds like the coaching staff are talking sense, which is of course exactly why they are there in the first place. I really hope for the sake of everyone associated with the club that they can back up the Munster performance with another win. Stopping Strokosch and Co will not be easy though.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:10

GC, I read somewhere that USAP might rest a first first teamers (I think it was whocares who mentioned that on another thread?). I think that would be slightly odd given it is their home fixture, but you never know? Headscratch Anyway, Stroks was one of the players specifically mentioned as being up for a 'rest', and there is a chance that Tommasso Allan will start at 10

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:27

every chance!

will give us a chance to see how he looks I suppose!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:29

Can we not tell Strockosh to play badly or he is out of the Scotland squad?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:31

I'm not overly worried about Strokosh - in Basalaia, Du Preez and Denton we've got a pretty physical backrow ourselves, if maybe lacking a bit in flair!

I'd be delighted if they rested their top players, but it would still be one of our best wins in recent years if we somehow beat them.

Chat is James Hook is struggling with injury, which is also beneficial for us.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:04

It's a chance for Edinburgh to build on last weeks win over Munster.

I reckon Leonard needs to calm down and play some heads up rugby. We seemed determined to kick a lot of ball away against Munster.

They let us of the hook a few times when we were kicking when we should have been passing.

Strange to say it, but is it just me or did Jock Cuthbert look strangely competent and a little threatening against Munster?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:14

Cuthbert did look decent if a bit slow. good positioning tho. Leonard did get a bit flustered - a young guy to be taking that responsibility

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by des Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:18

I claim full credit for Cuthbert's performance. I'd spent the previous week moaning about how useless he was to my dad and father in law, went to the game with both of them and he promptly made me look like a fool.

I actually spent slightly more time bitching about Atiga but we'll have to wait a bit for his good game. God knows we've been waiting long enough.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:20

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:GC, I read somewhere that USAP might rest a first first teamers (I think it was whocares who mentioned that on another thread?).  I think that would be slightly odd given it is their home fixture, but you never know?  Headscratch  Anyway, Stroks was one of the players specifically mentioned as being up for a 'rest', and there is a chance that Tommasso Allan will start at 10
It is confirmed. They have to rest the 2 french internationals to comply with the FFR rules. Hook might start at 10 though depending of their options at fullback.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:25

I’d be delighted if Perpignan rested players, the more the merrier as far as I’m concerned.

Whilst clearly I would be delighted if we got a win in this match, I’d probably take a narrow defeat at this stage, as long as we look like we’ve built on the performance from the weekend.

Also the game is being shown on Sport+, which I’m hoping suggests that there will be some way of watching it, for those who aren’t going.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:37

Hook at 10? I would be happy with that as I think the edinburgh boys could get in his face and unsettle him and I don't rate him as a 10. although he did seem to have a very good game from full back last week

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:31

Weather forecast in Perpignan on Sunday - 22 degrees! Cool 

Poor Edinbrugh players - they're going to be training in baltic conditions all week then will have to go out and play in the heat. Roddy Grant might self combust!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:55

RDW_Scotland wrote:Weather forecast in Perpignan on Sunday - 22 degrees! Cool 

Poor Edinbrugh players - they're going to be training in baltic conditions all week then will have to go out and play in the heat.  Roddy Grant might self combust!
No ginger jokes here please. GLove will be down on you like a ton of sunburned bricks.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:58

Well I’ve slagged off Aberdeen on the other thread so just waiting for him to make a lego animation of me being spear tackled or something!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 17 Oct 2013, 07:49

Some stats from the weekend -

Edinburgh had the best tackle to missed tackle % of the weekend - who would have guessed that before??

Cornell du preez made 18 tackles, missing none!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 08:29

Watched a couple of YouTube interview with Omar M on the subject of Edinburgh's'defence and it was very interesting.

In particular, he said that if you don't have a session of taking almost full intensity match conflict mid-week, then mentally you are not prepared to feel the same pain on match days and statistically teams lapse in their defensive duties.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 17 Oct 2013, 08:45

GC - not only did my thread get a slagging, but you obviously didn't read it - that interview is in my OP! Sad 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Thu 17 Oct 2013, 09:30

Du Preez in the Herald this am saying he wants to stick around to qualify for Scotland. Good news i think Very Happy

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 09:34

RDW_Scotland wrote:GC - not only did my thread get a slagging, but you obviously didn't read it - that interview is in my OP! Sad 
No, I did read it and the link you provided caused me to look for others, which I found on the YouTubey. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 17 Oct 2013, 09:53

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:GC - not only did my thread get a slagging, but you obviously didn't read it - that interview is in my OP! Sad 
No, I did read it and the link you provided caused me to look for others, which I found on the YouTubey. OK
boxing 

kiss and make up you pair!

and none of that man hug nonsense!

Hug 

we want to see proper snogging

kiss 

HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh 1347041234
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 17 Oct 2013, 09:55

I prefer HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Fight10

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:10

now now. That should only be used when asbo goes on about how great Mark Bennett is!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:46

tigertattie wrote:now now.  That should only be used when asbo goes on about how great Mark Bennett is!
I have allocated this one: HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Bangin10 for those happy occasions.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:48

no no no. That one is to be used when discussing Edinburgh's Rabo form!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:55

tigertattie wrote:no no no.  That one is to be used when discussing Edinburgh's Rabo form!

Fine then:
HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Smiley10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:57

tigertattie wrote:now now.  That should only be used when asbo goes on about how great Mark Bennett is!
Or independence....Run 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:15

HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Rant

I always like this one for when Schiz talked about AR, or when FES got wound up about the messiah
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:43

lol.  I like the one blowing up!

anyway! should we go back to talking about rugby???
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:57

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Rant

I always like this one for when Schiz talked about AR, or when FES got wound up about the messiah
fES get wound up?!?! About angel ?? Surely not warning 

Whistle 

Where is the Stockbridge massif posh boy these days anyhew?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:02

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

fES get wound up?!?!  About angel??   Surely not warning 

Whistle 

He is on a burgundy corduroy buying trip.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:26

cakeordeath wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

fES get wound up?!?!  About angel??   Surely not warning 

Whistle 

He is on a burgundy corduroy buying trip.
A-ha, the annual trip to Harrods - such variety compared to Jenners, eh?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:36

Admittedly, I prefer 'Harrods' to 'Rhona &Shona's Trouser, Knife and Needle Emporium' over which sits my flat.

Even Glasgow has it's dark spots...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 17 Oct 2013, 14:12

Perpignan only came 7th in the T14 so only got in based on a T14 HC winner. I think this could be the last game they try in. If they lose they are out and finishing Top 6 is hard enough for them.

Think it will be an open game, but tough to call, as Edinbrugh are mainly the same team that got to the semi's so they will probably use that as motive more than league.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 17 Oct 2013, 14:28

From the supporters site and confirmed by the USAP news that James Hooks' "béquille mollet droit" (calf strain) is not serious and probably will play. There was a lot of talk last week of Tommaso Allan maybe starting at 10 with Hook at 15 and taking the dead ball opportunities, however it all seems a tad quiet this week on that front. Looks like Charteris will start and Stroko will as well if the chit chat is accurate over there.

I am quietly confident going into this, I feel this match could well be the turning point in our season. Fingers Crossed
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 17 Oct 2013, 15:42

Fingers Crossed 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 15:48

I've always thought that James Hook was a bit of un grand chemisier d'une femme.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 17 Oct 2013, 16:14

We'd need the entire computing power available at CERN to calculate the number of false dawns we've had in Scottish rugby, so call me negative but I'm holding out from too much expectation yet!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 17 Oct 2013, 16:47

RDW_Scotland wrote:We'd need the entire computing power available at CERN to calculate the number of false dawns we've had in Scottish rugby, so call me negative but I'm holding out from too much expectation yet!

I am twice your age I have had to go through twice as many as you..... YAY WE HAVE TURNED THE CORNER! Tumbleweed....... COME ON HOW LONG DOES THIS CORNER TAKE!? Doh 

On a lighter note: I have just noticed that you have reached the 6,000 milestone clap Yahoo notworthy drumroll RedWine
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 17:23

RDW_Scotland wrote:We'd need the entire computing power available at CERN to calculate the number of false dawns we've had in Scottish rugby, so call me negative but I'm holding out from too much expectation yet!
6,000 POSTS:HK Round 2 - Perpignan vs Edinburgh Smiley12
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 17 Oct 2013, 17:52

Holy feck - had no idea! Don't know if that's something to be proud of or not....!

And what an exciting post for it to be!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:26

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Perpignan at the Stade Aimé Giral on Sunday 20 October (kick-off 1.45pm local time)

15 Jack Cuthbert

14 Dougie Fife

13 Nick De Luca

12 Matt Scott

11 Tim Visser

10 Harry Leonard

9 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN

1 Alasdair Dickinson

2 Ross Ford

3 Willem Nel

4 Grant Gilchrist

5 Sean Cox

6 Cornell Du Preez

7 Roddy Grant

8 David Denton

Substitutes

16 Aleki Lutui

17 Wicus Blaauw

18 Geoff Cross

19 Izak van der Westhuizen

20 Tomas Leonardi

21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne

22 Joaquin Dominguez

23 Greig Tonks

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:32

Also worth pointing out the game is 12.45pm UK time, so no one misses it (on the dodgy internet stream)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:38

USAP: Joffrey Michel Watisoni Votu David Marty Sione Piukala Richard Haughton James Hook Dewaldt Duvenage Sona Taumalolo Guilhem Guirado (capt) George Jgenti Sebastien Vahaamahina Romain Taofifenua Justin Purll Jean-Pierre Perez Luke Narraway Replacements: Romain Terrain Sebastien Taofifenua Kisi Pulu Karl Chateau Nicolas Durand Tommy Allan Wandile Mjekevu Luke Charteris

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:39

Thanks ASBO.

So looks like Hook at 10 and Tommaso on the bench. Haven't really got a clue who most of those players are, but they are Perpignan so must be good!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:44

quite a strong front 5 from Perpignan...as for 6 to 15 I have my doubts...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:48

Do elaborate....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 18 Oct 2013, 13:50

Votu - Fijian 7s player, still learning at XVs; Haughton - Wasps let him go; Hook - has never convinced Welsh fans at 10

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next