The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peaky Blinders

2 posters

Go down

Peaky Blinders Empty Peaky Blinders

Post by seanmichaels Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Doesn't seem to have been discussed on here yet?

Thought it has been good but watched episode 5 last night and thought it was some of the best TV I'ver ever seen. Thoughts?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Peaky Blinders Empty Re: Peaky Blinders

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Haha. Saw the first episode for about 30 mins, up to the point in the bar where there's a little argument. Then saw bloody Sam Neill & thought, `christ this looks bull****`. Then turned over. Some scenes looked so staged as well from what I remember, looked pretty b or c rate.

You've seen more of it though, does it improve considerably or was it another case of BBC garbage?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 am

No, it is genuinely very good. 6 part series and I think people were put off by episode 1 which along with 4 was relatively week by comparison. Very good visually and the soundtrack is fantastic. Cillian Murphy ans Sam Neill both very good.

I have heard criticisms that it is style over substance but I didn't really get that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 am

I watched the whole series and loved it. Some of the accents were a little off, but it was great TV. I personally thought episode 1 set the rest of the series up well.

Should be a second series, I would have thought.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:44 am

Stella wrote:I watched the whole series and loved it. Some of the accents were a little off, but it was great TV. I personally thought episode 1 set the rest of the series up well.

Episode 5 was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Stella wrote:I watched the whole series and loved it. Some of the accents were a little off, but it was great TV. I personally thought episode 1 set the rest of the series up well.

It was good. Left things nicely for last nights episode. Thought last night's shoot out was a little weak, if I'm being honest.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Stella wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

It was good. Left things nicely for last nights episode. Thought last night's shoot out was a little weak, if I'm being honest.
Yes. Definitely could have finished the drama with a bang but I think they opted for a 2nd series.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:44 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&ved=0CHQQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk%2F428640%2FThe-real-Peaky-Blinders-Photos-show-the-villians-who-inspired-new-BBC-drama&ei=uyxhUtSqF8PA0QXP34C4DQ&usg=AFQjCNGT9lM2uVIjW8QmRDCsuR95UDb9qg&sig2=bcPV-D_3RX4Hbts6FyvzUg&bvm=bv.54176721,d.d2k
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum