The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OWGR Week 43

+2
kwinigolfer
robopz
6 posters

Go down

OWGR Week 43 Empty OWGR Week 43

Post by robopz Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:05 pm

The CIMB looks like it will come in at an OWGR 48 with the current field (as of Monday Afternoon).

Compared to:
38 in 2010
30 in 2011
36 in 2012

robopz

Back to top Go down

OWGR Week 43 Empty Re: OWGR Week 43

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm

Must be pretty competitive at the BMW also robo:
Stenson, McIlroy, McDowell, Donald, Westwood, Poulter, plus ten more top 50-ish.

I'll be interested to read what you have to say about any mates of yours on the Champo's TPC course in San Antonio. (There'll be one or two nervous nellies anxious to stay in the top 50 this week.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:45 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Must be pretty competitive at the BMW also robo:
Stenson, McIlroy, McDowell, Donald, Westwood, Poulter, plus ten more top 50-ish.

I'll be interested to read what you have to say about any mates of yours on the Champo's TPC course in San Antonio. (There'll be one or two nervous nellies anxious to stay in the top 50 this week.)

Just glancing, it looks like the BMW will be 2-4 points above the CIMB in the 50-52 range... Lower to the same World Values, but more Home values...  I'll try to do a detail in the next day or so...

And really haven't given the Champions event much thought.  Just hoping that Hoch and Dirt hang in.  I've seen Bart recently, but he's well inside... but not talked to Brad in quite a while.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:41 am

Hoch must have enough career money, he DOES! have enough career money - not sure about Bryant but would think others such as Jacobsen, Hatalsky, Simpson and Mize would be in worse bother. Assuming that Wayno's a goner.
But there's going to be turnover.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:22 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Hoch must have enough career money, he DOES! have enough career money - not sure about Bryant but would think others such as Jacobsen, Hatalsky, Simpson and Mize would be in worse bother. Assuming that Wayno's a goner.
But there's going to be turnover.
 True on Hoch... I think he's 4th on all time money list priority for this week...  But Brad needs to improve his money... of course top-30 is the real goal this week... but otherwise about 35-40 is an important line to get to on the season's money list for priority next year. (if a guy's not already flush on the career money list).

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 22 Oct 2013, 3:37 pm

Stenson got a bad wrist.  He may not play BMW-China.  That should knock BMW down one notch.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 22 Oct 2013, 7:24 pm

GPB wrote:Stenson got a bad wrist.  He may not play BMW-China.  That should knock BMW down one notch.
Yeah... I just did a more accurate prelim and it looks like BMW China will be a level 50 with Stenson and 48 without him... same as the CIMB.  

If Henrik can't stay... If I were the Euro Tour I'd have Stenson at least tee off on #1 with a wedge before he WD'd... then the event would be worth 50 (at the expense of some alternate).

But if I were the OWGR I would call BS on that move and remove him from the calculation and give the event 48.  (but THAT ain't happening seeing as how the OWGR and Euro Tour phone number is the same... :-)

Another thing occurred to me as I was running the estimate on this event.  This is one of 4 "quasi-playoff" Final Series events for the Euro Tour... yet 14 of the spots are allocated to players as designated by the China Golf association + 3 other sponsors exemptions.   The next Final Series event is the WGC-HSBC... and the Euro Tour only sends about 1/2 to 2/3rds of that field...  And then there are 4 Sponsors exemptions to the event in Turkey.

Sheesh... could you imagine the uproar if the PGAT threw the PGA/Asian Tour co-sanctioned CIMB, or the WGC HSBC into the middle of it's playoffs?   I mean I realize these Final Series events events are "where the money can be found" and all... but it does seem odd to me that the Euro Tour has full control of the field in only 1 of the 4 of this series of most important events. (Dubai final)

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 22 Oct 2013, 7:34 pm

robopz wrote:Sheesh... could you imagine the uproar if the PGAT threw the PGA/Asian Tour co-sanctioned CIMB, or the WGC HSBC into the middle of it's playoffs?   I mean I realize these Final Series events events are "where the money can be found" and all... but it does seem odd to me that the Euro Tour has full control of the field in only 1 of the 4 of this series of most important events. (Dubai final)
Tim Finchem would be flogged as the pariah and scapegoat of all things bad in the World of Golf.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 22 Oct 2013, 7:37 pm

robopz wrote:If Henrik can't stay... If I were the Euro Tour I'd have Stenson at least tee off on #1 with a wedge before he WD'd... then the event would be worth 50 (at the expense of some alternate).

As you know, Henrik has done it before.  At the Accenture Matchplay, got a mid five figure paycheck and 2 OWGR points.

both of which could have helped him make the 2010 Euro Ryder Cup.  (but didn't)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:39 pm

robo, you're right about the ET and final series - it's kinda funny - but I guesd it's still a step in the right direction. Maybe the final series can be used as leverage to get more and bigger "real" ET events.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 24 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

pedro wrote:robo, you're right about the ET and final series - it's kinda funny - but I guesd it's still a step in the right direction. Maybe the final series can be used as leverage to get more and bigger "real" ET events.
Yeah, I understand what the ET is trying to do. My only concern is the "must play 3 of the 4 if eligible" clause. I understand the reasoning behind that one too, but it can have unintended consequences... See Schwartzel. I heard something the other day that he's not going to play 3, so he's ineligible for some bonus money or playing for reduced purses... or something? Maybe someone can explain it to me.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 24 Oct 2013, 1:16 pm

Joost Luiten injured himself before the tournament started but was forced to hit a tee shot probably for that reason.

http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2013/10/injured-joost-luiten-bizarrely-forced-to-play-one-shot-before-withdrawing/

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 24 Oct 2013, 6:05 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Joost Luiten injured himself before the tournament started but was forced to hit a tee shot probably for that reason.

http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2013/10/injured-joost-luiten-bizarrely-forced-to-play-one-shot-before-withdrawing/
Yep... the must play 2 of the first 3 rule was clearly why he did it.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:36 pm

Win or Lose in the Playoff, Does Ryan Moore move up to #31 in the rankings?

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:12 pm

GPB wrote:Win or Lose in the Playoff, Does Ryan Moore move up to #31 in the rankings?
I don't have a detailed projection for this week.. but that looks to be correct..

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:13 am

anyone know what happened to princedrac?  He still produces an ranking projection, because he Tweets it all the time, but seems to have been absent from v2 for a while now.  

Not that there is anything wrong with robo's excellent OWGR thread it is just a shame to loose a knowledgeable poster.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down