The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights

+4
Seanusarrilius
Valero's Conscience
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
hazharrison
8 posters

Go down

Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights Empty Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights

Post by hazharrison Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:32 am

Anyone see it? I thought it was absolutely fantastic, despite Jim Lampley's constant sobbing!

Any thoughts, observations?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights Empty Re: Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights

Post by hazharrison Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Tumbleweed 

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights Empty Re: Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti: Legendary Nights

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Didn't catch it, is it on youtube?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Try Putlocker -- I found a link through there.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Cheers Haz. I've searching Youtube to no avail!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Looking forward to seeing this on HBO on Demand if it's up.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Here it is on the Tube of You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxUG450Ul9w

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Watched this and thought it was brilliant, it's just a great story and really is fit for film

Found it interesting to see how emotional the commentators and refs where when recalling the fight

The amount of punishment those 2 absorbed was horrific though, and at that point of their careers I don't know how we never saw a knockout

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Enjoyed that. Thanks for posting. Jim lamps has been watching too much X factor.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 pm

I thought it was the best yet in the Legendary Nights series - Lampley's observation about hardcore fans not even being able to remember who won which fights was spot on - I couldn't and I've watched them enough times.

How did Ward survive that busted eardrum?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Last edited by jimdig on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted for being off topic)

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 am

Watched it last night, very good. Agreed about Lampley's sobbing, tart!

Really hope they commission a new series, they could do them for trilogies to make the hour plus episodes, so many to use since the original series aired:

Morales vs Barrera
Pac vs Morales
Marquez vs Pac
R Marquez vs Vasquez (as Showtime I guess this can't be used)

The Americans may be OTT in their production at times but I still love the way they do it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Watched this and thought it was brilliant, it's just a great story and really is fit for filmFound it interesting to see how emotional the commentators and refs where when recalling the fight

The amount of punishment those 2 absorbed was horrific though, and at that point of their careers I don't know how we never saw a knockout
The fact that Ward lost two of three is the reason why it's a footnote at the end of "The Fighter" The fact Gatti died in "suspicious circumstances" will be the reason they don't do a film from his perspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Not been able to find a link to it, was taken down off of youtube.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Finally seen this, have to say I was a bit disappointed. The original series was superb but this one was a big let down, too much sentimentality especially from Lampley, would have been better served to concentrate on the first fight. All the hall of fame stuff was unnecessary as well, it seemed an environment Ward wasn't comfortable in. It wasn't terrible but more emphasise on the first when the 2nd and 3rd weren't half as good would have been better.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UViOdXG7eGc

Someone else has uploaded it. Catch it while you can.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:20 am

I liked it, it was much longer than the original series so had more time to fill so went with the sentimental poop and HoF stuff.

I always thought that in the film The Fighter they should have just played Round 9 of the first fight to give casual film fans an idea of this fight. I'm sure thousands would have Youtubed it when they got home.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:03 pm

was brilliant right up to the end, then it got gratuitous and sensationalist.
there was no reason to show that picture of gatti on the floor.

well, there was, but they didn't need to and for me it soiled a great documentary.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down