The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 years ago today the pain stoppped!

+8
Casartelli
quinsforever
Cyril
Biltong
aucklandlaurie
kiakahaaotearoa
yappysnap
Gunner
12 posters

Go down

2 years ago today the pain stoppped! Empty 2 years ago today the pain stoppped!

Post by Gunner Wed 23 Oct 2013, 5:37 pm

To my fellow Kiwi posters enjoy the moment.
No hand wringing between World Cups.
Nothing lasts forever.
23 October lives long in the memory.
Sorry.
On the lagers.
Gotta celebrate it.
Who knows when it will come around again.
Viva la Rugby!

Gunner

Back to top Go down

2 years ago today the pain stoppped! Empty Re: 2 years ago today the pain stoppped!

Post by yappysnap Wed 23 Oct 2013, 5:40 pm

Stop living in the past!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

2 years ago today the pain stoppped! Empty Re: 2 years ago today the pain stoppped!

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 23 Oct 2013, 6:35 pm

Hopefully we don't have to wait as long as you will to win the Ranfurly Shield back. Whistle 

It was a sweet moment. Felt happy for the boys. What they have done since in replacing that team and building for 2015 has been phenomenal. A special group of players but some green shoots bursting through.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm

As the two years is now up, William Webb Ellis (and his replica copy) flys out of New Zealand today back to his home in Dublin - via South Africa.

See you again in two years time Mr Ellis.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 23 Oct 2013, 7:59 pm

So that means it has been two years and one week since our Bok team got shafted.

I suspect that is enough mourning then, eh?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm

Ah, the halcyon days of dwarfish devilment , hotel high-jinks and ferry-based foolery.

Good times. I think there was some event based around an oval ball too, but I can't really remember.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:13 pm

Cyril wrote:Ah, the halcyon days of dwarfish devilment , hotel high-jinks and ferry-based foolery.

Good times. I think there was some event based around an oval ball too, but I can't really remember.

And swapping balls...

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm

Thanks, laurie. I knew I'd missed (at least) one! Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:16 pm

That kind of tomfoolery probably doesn't happen when you play a home RWC, so it's yours to lose Cyril.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

lets hope the kiwi team learn from what happened to the Eng team on foreign soil. was interesting to see a domestic fanbase and press used as an offensive weapon against england. will be interesting to see whether the english fans and press have forgotten or are merely waiting their opportunity to do the same dirty work on the ABs...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:26 pm

Quinns, The England players gave that "offensive weapon" plenty of ammo.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:35 pm

"See you in two years time"..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/front-page-top-stories/news/article.cfm?c_id=698&objectid=11145150

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:36 pm

well now the rules of engagement are clear to all. not condoning what happened, but i suspect they didnt realise it was all going to end up all over the tabloids. i know its hard to comprehend, but most of the england team wouldnt get recognised on a night out in london.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:42 pm

I dont know what the people having a night out in London look like, but down here they stood out like dogs balls.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:43 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
"See you in two years time"..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/front-page-top-stories/news/article.cfm?c_id=698&objectid=11145150
"I'd like to put on the box 'return to sender 2015'," Fox said.

Irish post is notoriously unreliable. Expect to see it around 2035.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

Quins, your tabloids have way too much class to stoop that low. There's no way it'll happen as they'll stick to their moral code.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:53 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
I dont know what the people having a night out in London look like, but down here they stood out like dogs balls.
no-one stands out in london. we've got a bit of everything here. i bet you 90% of the people in london have never been to a rugby match.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm

was urine poor management by the england setup. if i were running the rugby squad in NZ, it would be pure siege mentality. consider everyone a potential threat. enjoy the tournament after its over. everything during is a possible banana skin.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm

quinsforever wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
no-one stands out in london. we've got a bit of everything here. i bet you 90% of the people in london have never been to a rugby match.

90% of the people in Auckland have never been to a soccer match.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 23 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

i thought we were discussing rugby?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:03 pm

We are.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:21 pm

quinsforever wrote:well now the rules of engagement are clear to all. not condoning what happened, but i suspect they didnt realise it was all going to end up all over the tabloids. i know its hard to comprehend, but most of the england team wouldnt get recognised on a night out in london.......
Unless you're engaged to a princess and you're getting a face-wobble off some tart at the bar.....

Winning a RWC on home soil is one thing (if we were allowed to host all the games in Wales we'd probably win it) - winning away is the true test of greatness.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:49 pm

Winning at home sure is a doddle and I'm surprised only the ABs and SA have 100% records.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:01 pm

ebop wrote:Winning at home sure is a doddle and I'm surprised only the ABs and SA have 100% records.
Aside from Australia, I think they're the only countries that have been gifted a fully 'home' RWC?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:29 pm

ebop wrote:Winning at home sure is a doddle and I'm surprised only the ABs and SA have 100% records.
Well in SA you risk altitude sickness trying to beat them. In NZ you risk nothing because you've only bet on how much you'll lose by.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:55 pm

Casartelli wrote:
Aside from Australia, I think they're the only countries that have been gifted a fully 'home' RWC?
You get "fully home" RWC's when you don't buy votes. Wink 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:07 am

"Stop living in the Past" what a priceless comment England fans have been doing just that
for the last 10 years.
Your as good as your last game,one at a time screw all RWC`s

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:46 am

Casartelli wrote:
quinsforever wrote:well now the rules of engagement are clear to all. not condoning what happened, but i suspect they didnt realise it was all going to end up all over the tabloids. i know its hard to comprehend, but most of the england team wouldnt get recognised on a night out in london.......
Unless you're engaged to a princess and you're getting a face-wobble off some tart at the bar.....

Winning a RWC on home soil is one thing (if we were allowed to host all the games in Wales we'd probably win it) - winning away is the true test of greatness.
Haven't we done that before?!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu 24 Oct 2013, 8:10 am

Biltong wrote:So that means it has been two years and one week since our Bok team got shafted.

I suspect that is enough mourning then, eh?
And you were having a go at me for holding  grudge and making lame excuses.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:11 am

emack2 wrote:"Stop living in the Past" what a priceless comment England fans have been doing just that
for the last 10 years.
Alan, he was joking, man!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

Cyril wrote:
emack2 wrote:"Stop living in the Past" what a priceless comment England fans have been doing just that
for the last 10 years.
I was going to suggest to emack2 that it was an ironic, backhanded, inverted compliment but............. well, I said to myself 'leave it, let him interpret it his own wayward way'. I was in enough trouble last night without causing more.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:43 am

SecretFly wrote:
Cyril wrote:
for the last 10 years.
I was going to suggest to emack2 that it was an ironic, backhanded, inverted compliment but............. well, I said to myself 'leave it, let him interpret it his own wayward way'.  I was in enough trouble last night without causing more.

Where's that ironic, backhanded, inverted compliment smiley when you need it?

It's not this one, but it doesn't get used enough so here we are monkey

Fly, I bet you were being naughty on the 'Rugby Champions Cup' threads. They're a minefield.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:47 am

Cyril wrote:

Fly, I bet you were being naughty on the 'Rugby Champions Cup' threads. They're a minefield.
I've been around those parts, Cyril...this is true Whistle 

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down