The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crystal palace sack ian holloway

+3
CFCNick
VDT
spencerclarke
7 posters

Go down

crystal palace sack ian holloway Empty crystal palace sack ian holloway

Post by spencerclarke Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 18:07

BBC issued report saying holloway has been sack.  Bad decision in my eyes. Not sure who they think can keep the club up with the resources they have.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

crystal palace sack ian holloway Empty Re: crystal palace sack ian holloway

Post by VDT Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 20:35

BREAKING NEWS
Last weeks podcast guest and Palace favourite Simon Osborn just confirmed to me on twitter that it's doubtful he'll be applying for the job Very Happy 

Last edited by VDT on Thu 24 Oct 2013 - 6:20; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 20:37

Could have had a real scoop there, Chris! Haha

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 21:16

Yeah, I was hoping he would say he thinking about it or even a maybe Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 21:44

VDT wrote:BREAKING NEWS
Last weeks podcast guest and Palace favourite Simon Osborn just confirmed to me on twitter that it's doubtful he'll be applying for the job :roll Very Happy 
He's doing a rubbish job at Margate, so i recon the palace fans will be buzzing! Great podcast btw mate!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 24 Oct 2013 - 10:06

we have enough threads about this dude- use the palace thread or the pl one..

BUT please get your facts right.

HE WAS NOT SACKED. there was never reports he was sacked. The owners have spent the last 3 days trying to get his mindset back on the job, but he quit, he was not sacked!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 24 Oct 2013 - 10:08

He deffo quit. No fight left in Holloway, it would appear.

Pulis will keep Palace up - he might send you to sleep along the way though.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 6:28

Duty281 wrote:He deffo quit. No fight left in Holloway, it would appear.

Pulis will keep Palace up - he might send you to sleep along the way though.

Has Pulis accepted the job..? Not sure that he has, yet. It would be a great shame for Crystal Palace if he did, as they are a popular club and to see them be turned into a pub team, full of cloggers and punt-it-up-in-the-air-and-see-who-gets-under-it-first merchants would be disappointing.

I have no personal animosity towards Tony Pulis, but in my opinion, his footballing philosophy sometimes borders on the Neanderthal (I apologise to any Neanderthals who may feel insulted by being associated with Stoke City's style of play under TP). Ian Holloway, on the other hand, may have his shortcomings at Premiership level, but he appears to genuinely care about the game and at least attempts to send out teams that play skilful, attractive football. At this point in his career, he is probably best suited to the lower leagues and who knows.... in time he may develop into a successful manager at the higher level.

For Crystal Palace FC, of course, there's a bottom line involved here. Palace have only three points so far this season and are already many people's favourite for the drop. Not surprisingly, the CPFC board are twitchy about this and whatever has been said publicly about Holloway leaving by mutual agreement, it could well have been a case of them offering the chance to resign rather than giving him the sack, which sooner or later would have been inevitable. Sad, really, isn't it?

Ian Holloway is a decent man. Not everybody's cup of tea, I'll grant you, but I like him. I wish him well.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 10:07

No, Pulis hasn't accepted yet, but he is very much the strong favourite and I would be surprised if he isn't the next Palace manager.

Whilst no one likes his style of football, he could very much keep Palace up with a bit of grit and determination - don't think too many Palace fans would complain about that.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 11:03

I think the game yesterday will have given pulis or any other new manager some kind of new perspective on palace. We can maintain a shape and do have attacking options. Yes we have zip all cm play. but we have a quality PL class in jedanick as DM and some potentially good attacking wingers

But no Pulis is not a sure thing at all.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 11:06

"the CPFC board are twitchy about this and whatever has been said publicly about Holloway leaving by mutual agreement, it could well have been a case of them offering the chance to resign rather than giving him the sack, which sooner or later would have been inevitable. Sad, really, isn't it?"

No as stated before he 100% quit.. It is sad but that is holloways lack of confidence, motivation and loyalty...

The board did a lot to convince him to stay, they couldn't have done more.. Please can people stop these conspiracy theories

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down