The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of interest?

+3
VietGwentRevisited
Biltong
emack2
7 posters

Go down

Lack of interest? Empty Lack of interest?

Post by emack2 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:37 am

Does`nt seem as though many are interested in my researchs is it worth going on?or am I just wasting my time?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Lack of interest? Empty Re: Lack of interest?

Post by Biltong Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:42 am

Alan, if you are open to some criticism?

An example will be the six nations stats. Too many stats, too little explanations.

If you take one country at a time and provide more "meat" per achievement, in other words give more history about the games rather than just the stats, it will open up discussions more.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:24 am

There is a lot going on at the moment, so little time for people to discuss old stats. Perhaps adding some analysis to get people started.

Other than that all I can say is do these reseacrh pieces because you want to - and then hope someone else finds it interesting.

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:32 am

As explained these are background for further discussions at a later date just a point of reference for people.BUT if people not interested forget it.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:23 am

Alan

I'd be interested on an article on the NH during the 70s. Apparently the golden age etc where the Lions won back to back tours in NZ & SA.

But for some reason Wales played only 3 games in the decade vs. NZ & SA. Compared to 11 for France (who won 3/5 vs NZ in the decade). I do understand that the Lions played 12 matches in that time but still even England played 5 matches and got wins over both sides... something the Welsh never achieved.

This isn't a dig at them.... they won 7/10 5N championships in the era (inc. shared). They were dominant yet they were never able to test this out against the very best.

Be interesting to have first hand thoughts on the era, who were the dominant side, they skill level of the players etc (by stats you would probably say SA, Wales, France & then NZ).

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:24 am

Why do people write music, screenplays, novels? There are many reasons but it's easy to see those chasing the money.

If you build it they will come. If you invest in a project that is your passion it will be reflected in the writing. If we go only by popularity on these boards we'd only get threads written by GE, Irish posters and England or Wales threads. People can read without making comments and the lack of feedback doesn't detract from what you've written.

You've already put in a lot of research Alan. I'd have thought you owe it to yourself to note down your findings. What others think is beyond your control but if you're looking for everyone to voice their support for reading what you've written, maybe you should ask why you're writing on these boards.

Let your passion shine through and dont concern yourself with the critics or fans. You can't reach everybody but you will reach somebody.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:32 am

Thanks KIa,a bit down will continue as previously decided wwas`nt quite sure how to handle it.
Fa0019 will be doing the 1970` in some depth and comparing with earlier times.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

RWC and Rugby championship stats up as promised. next step stats plus odd comment for
early years.THEN I`ll be covering decades in depth may do a detailed coverage of later
decades say Lions 1959 to Nz or Boks 1956,France 1961 etc.but will start seriously in 1920`s.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm

Good man.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 31 Oct 2013, 2:30 am

Do less but do it more deeply and add your passion and thoughts. Don't give us the facts only give us your interpretation.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:54 am

Sometimes the facts have their own story. Not sure if you've read it yet Alan but there's a pocket stat book out here that focuses entirely on AB efforts vs everyone else. Some if the stats are incredible. Goes down to things like number of losses vs each and all by less than 50 points, 40, 30, 20 etc with graphs etc. For AB purists only but some eye opening findings that would take ages to slice and dice the data to get them all.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down