The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership Round Seven

+18
nathan
21st Century Schizoid Man
Hood83
Jimpy
EnglishReign
Scrumpy
BigTrevsbigmac
yappysnap
formerly known as Sam
stnick88
ChequeredJersey
HongKongCherry
Bathman_in_London
Geordie
Portnoy's Complaint
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
doctor_grey
Ozzy3213
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Seven - Page 3 Empty Aviva Premiership Round Seven

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Although many eyes will be in Twickenham this weekend to see how England fare against the Wallabies, there is still Aviva Premiership action going on, with some juicy looking fixtures.  Currently 8 points separate 3rd and 11th places, and with 4 of the bottom 6 teams at home this weekend there is potential for that pack of teams to become even more condensed come Sunday night.

Worcester Warriors (12th) vs. Bath Rugby (3rd)
This is massive for Worcester.  Having lost their first 6 games they in danger of being cut adrift at the bottom of the table.  Whislt in previous seasons Sixways on a Friday night has been a tough place to go, Worcester have shown little this time out to suggest that they are close to picking up a win.  Bath on the other hand are flying high in 3rd place, and have a very powerful pack, coupled with some exciting backs.  I cannot see Worcester turning things around here, and I suspect a comfortable 4 points for Bath, with Worcester getting nothing from the game.

Sale Sharks (7th) vs. Exeter Chiefs (4th)
Exeter are running into some excellent form just now, and will go to the AJ Bell stadium full of confidence.  Sale Sharks got battered last week, and I expect they will be fired up to put that right at home this time out.  This will be a fascinating encounter, which I suspect will be tight, and the home side will just about nick, with the Chiefs heading back to Devon with a losing bonus point.

Gloucester Rugby (11th) vs. London Wasps (9th)
This is probably the game that I am least confident about predicting.  The only consistent things about Gloucester this season are their inconsistency, and their propblems in the scrum.  They will have to be better in that area, as although not one of the top units, Wasps are decent enough in that regard, and if they get a platform the in form Andy Goode will have them in the right areas to hurt Gloucester.  Both teams will want to play through their backs in this oe, and it could be open.  Gloucester have to come good at some point, and in a piece of complete piece of guess work I am going with this being the game, and Wasps heading home with a losing bonus point.

Leicester Tigers (5th) vs. Harlequins (6th)
Both teams will be missing players, although Quins will be happy to have Danny Care sent back to them by Stuart Lancaster.  Tigers are not in anywhere neat top form, but Welford Road is always a tough place to go, and despite Quins turnaround in their own form last week, I don't think they'll have enough to storm the fortress.  Close game, no try bonus point for Tigers, and Quins heading back south with a losing bonus point in the bank.

Saracens (1st) vs. Newcastle Falcons (8th)
Sarries were humped last week and Falcons picked up a very valuable win at home.  There is no way that Saracens will want to lose two on the trot, and I can see them coming out seriously fired up here.  Newcastle will scrap, but I can't see them getting anything, and Saracens I think might have enough, even without players on international duty to take the try bonus point at home.

London Irish (10th) vs. Northampton Saints (2nd)
Saints were superb last week, and will come to the MadStad with confidence.  I have only one thing to say about London Irish this week.  James O'Connor!!!  I'll say that again, James O'Feckin-Connor.  Can't wait to see him play.  I shan't predict the outcome of this game, as the head is being completely overuled by the heart this week and we are going to run in 5 or 6 tries and completely rout them.

So there you go folks.  That's this weekends games.  Thoughts?  

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Seven - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership Round Seven

Post by HongKongCherry Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 am

Unfortunately I did! Wade was outstanding and scored 2 excellent tries and really must replace Ashton next week. I thought Palmer, Johnson, Simpson and Daly really stood out for you.

Glaws on the other hand were just dire. We just made countless idiotic mistakes. Our game plan in the first halfwith the wind at our backs was farcical. We came good in the second half but then just switched off and shipped 12 points. There simply is no chance of a top 4 finish and with Quins and Tigers up next top 6 is looking very far away. Thank God for Worcester!!

On a separate note watch the highlights for Knight's try, its one of the luckiest tries you'll see!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 am

HongKongCherry wrote:Unfortunately I did! Wade was outstanding and scored 2 excellent tries and really must replace Ashton next week. I thought Palmer, Johnson, Simpson and Daly really stood out for you.

Glaws on the other hand were just dire. We just made countless idiotic mistakes. Our game plan in the first halfwith the wind at our backs was farcical. We came good in the second half but then just switched off and shipped 12 points. There simply is no chance of a top 4 finish and with Quins and Tigers up next top 6 is looking very far away. Thank God for Worcester!!

On a separate note watch the highlights for Knight's try, its one of the luckiest tries you'll see!
Cheers HKC OK Good luck for the rest of the season.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:53 am

All away wins so far. I am suffering today
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:15 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Seeing as Healey loves to point out where Tigers aren't as good as they used to be and where Cockers is going wrong (he and Cockers aren't pals) you are wrong. Kennedy was the most cringingly bad commentator I have ever heard. Not even the bias just some of the ramblings were dull and meaningless. The fact he spent a couple of minutes discussing how the WR crowd were wrong calling for the Quins defence to be pinged for being offside and how it was just line speed which they work on with blah blah blah only for them to concede a penalty summed him up entirely.
They shouldn't have any current players or former players with strong links commentating for those clubs. Pundit work in the studio before or after is passable, but in commentary people like Healey, Kennedy and Dallaglio always favour their own side on the majority of plays and calls.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Got to say I have no problem with Healy and Kay, both of them seem pretty neutral for Tigers games IMO and more then make up for any perceived bias with their analysis (usually spot on) and banter. I'd take either over Barnes and co anyday!!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh and the trend continues with Saints winning away at LI. How did O'Connor get on anyone??

Let's hope Falcons can make it a full house!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by mbernz Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 pm

I didn't see the match the other day, so can't comment on Kennedy, but working for ESPN Healey's evenhandedness definitely went out the window when he was working on a Leicester match.  Kay was better staying neutral. Prefer Healey over Kay the rest of the time though.

mbernz

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:36 pm

yappysnap wrote:Oh and the trend continues with Saints winning away at LI. How did O'Connor get on anyone??

Let's hope Falcons can make it a full house!
He looked good whenever he was on the ball. No doubt he will prove a good signing for LI.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:52 pm

He looked very good and seemed to work well with Topsy and Sailosi ....

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:01 pm

James O'Connor had a decent game. Not sure LI will give him the platform to show his best form but he linked well from the back and is clearly a massive talent. Definite steal by Brian Smith.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:51 pm

He was our best back but cowan for me was our motm hes a class act.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:52 pm

I see Cowan has been called up by Scotland. Looks a good player, good luck to him
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:James O'Connor had a decent game. Not sure LI will give him the platform to show his best form but he linked well from the back and is clearly a massive talent. Definite steal by Brian Smith.
Agree. Was pretty dangerous with ball in hand as well as working with his teammates. Should improve as he spends time with his new team. I was a bit disappointed there were not a few more people in the crowd to watch. Certainly has a bit of that star power thing. Will absolutely help keep London Irish away from relegation danger.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3