The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some help please

5 posters

Go down

Some help please  Empty Some help please

Post by sonic_boom10 Sun 15 May 2011, 9:57 pm

Hi guys

I play golf infrequently, but I struggle badly.

I'm generally very good with the shorter sticks (7-sw), but am pretty woeful with the longer clubs.

For the life of me can't hit the driver or 2 wood more than 50 yards, shocking I know.

I have a habit of topping the ball with the longer clubs.

Any help or tips would be welcome

Thanks

Sonic

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Some help please  Empty Re: Some help please

Post by Rossa Sun 15 May 2011, 10:15 pm

Why do you play infrequently?

Normally i would suggest you have pro look at your swing and practice a bit, but if you want a quick fix to hit the ball solidly off the tee then join the queue... The longer clubs are just harder to hit and will expose your flaws more readily. If you hit your short/mid irons ok, then hit irons off the tee maybe a 5 or 6 iron. You will be more consistent and get lower scores than toiling with the driver...then gradually move the longer clubs progressively.

Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 15 May 2011, 10:17 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:

I play golf infrequently

Here in lies your problem. It takes a lot of practice just to get poor at golf. You won't find many answers on here but you will at a practice range. A number of things could be causing your problems so the best thing to do would be go for some lessons. If you don't fancy lessons, try following this guys tips, he releases new videos every day or so...

http://blog.revolutiongolf.com/cure-the-weak-high-right-shot/

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sun 15 May 2011, 10:19 pm

Rossa wrote:Why do you play infrequently?

Normally i would suggest you have pro look at your swing and practice a bit, but if you want a quick fix to hit the ball solidly off the tee then join the queue... The longer clubs are just harder to hit and will expose your flaws more readily. If you hit your short/mid irons ok, then hit irons off the tee maybe a 5 or 6 iron. You will be more consistent and get lower scores than toiling with the driver...then gradually move the longer clubs progressively.

I tend to play with my friends and we rarely play more than once a month at the best of time.

Thanks I'll concentrate on the shorter sticks, before trying to give the longer sticks a whack.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sun 15 May 2011, 10:20 pm

Redrage wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

I play golf infrequently

Here in lies your problem. It takes a lot of practice just to get poor at golf. You won't find many answers on here but you will at a practice range. A number of things could be causing your problems so the best thing to do would be go for some lessons. If you don't fancy lessons, try following this guys tips, he releases new videos every day or so...

http://blog.revolutiongolf.com/cure-the-weak-high-right-shot/
Thanks

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Mon 16 May 2011, 12:35 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:

For the life of me can't hit the driver or 2 wood

Sonic

Where did you find a 2 wood, apart from MD's Brassie I haven't seen one for years?

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Mon 16 May 2011, 2:43 pm

Bet you are trying to knock the skin of the ball with the longer clubs? Make a nice slow controlled backswing and dont try and hit the ball from the top of your swing. Let it all unwind.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum