The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester V Quins

2 posters

Go down

Leicester V Quins Empty Leicester V Quins

Post by APQuins Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:31 pm

Great result for Quins this weekend. Sort of amused by both the BBC report on the game and the ITV highlights programme showing that Leicester have a long injury list and players away with Internationals. Fair play to Mr Cockerill as he did not stand behind that excuse. However Quins also have a long injury list (not quite sure but about 10 or 12 I think) and 3 players away at the Internationals. There was no mention of that unless I missed it. As one example, Nick Evans started at full back as Mick Brown playing for England, 2nd choice injured, 3rd choice injured (he plays on the wing normally anyway) and so they had big reshuffle. Please can broadcasters be slightly more balanced in their reporting. Thanks

APQuins

Back to top Go down

Leicester V Quins Empty Re: Leicester V Quins

Post by The Fourth Lion Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:47 am

I noticed the same thing.  Greetings, btw, to you.  It's nice to see the sequins are represented on the site.

Although my rugby background as a boy began at Blackheath (and my heart still lies at the Rectory Field), the Me'm Sahib and I were season ticket holders at The Stoop for ten years, only relinquishing it three years ago for reasons I won't go into, but have nothing to do with falling out of love with the team, the fans or the East Stand Bar.

If you're a long term fan of the club, and possibly a Diamond Geezer to boot (I still have the trews hanging in my wardrobe.  You never know when they'll make a comeback) you will know the unspoken rule in the Premiership, which is:

Just about everybody loves Harlequins, but they are expected to go to away games, give the opposition a jolly good game like good chaps, and lose.  

This going away from home and winning is just not the done thing.   The northeners aren't used to it and they don't like it.  They would much rather Harlequins remembered what their place in the scheme of things is.  Obviously, Quins couldn't possibly have won on merit (perish the thought), and although they are not the sort of chaps to do anything ungentlemanly (notwithstanding that Richards fellow, but the less said about him the better)  there must be a reason for it and it's quite proper to lay the blame for anything at the RFU's door, so blaming the blazers for picking their players for England not only explains away the defeat, but exonerates Harlequins from doing anything beastly.  Good show all round.

So no..... you didn't miss anything.  I watched the highlights package too and noticed the same thing.  But hey-ho... ever was it thus so.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down